Kitchener/Waterloo area, c u next trackday riders thread! | Page 126 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Kitchener/Waterloo area, c u next trackday riders thread!

Packing it in for the year.

Have fun guys

What configuration are they running?

long track

good news, speedo works (thanks again Fawaz and Doozerdave), just waiting on a bunch of new parts before it can be fired up again. Tear down has been finished, just waiting on new parts... and need to think of a paint scheme

What this to good for you now?
1A524H204_BBQ_Paint__19337_zoom.jpg

nothing wrong with bbq enamel, steve!

What new parts did you end up getting?

Will this be a track bike only now?

thanks for the link dave, having a look at it, not sure if you need to use a fuel controller with it or not. Trying to find out

yup, track only now, just sorting out body work and a bunch of parts now.

What new parts did you end up getting?

Will this be a track bike only now?

Rsv4?

I took a demo model out of an RSV4 for a spin. For the track, epic machine, brakes, chassis, electronics, etc are excellent. Sharp as a knife. It would be my choice out of any track bike, the handling if fantastic. But as a street bike, not for me. First gear is very tall, the motor is useless under 4k rpm, the bike is physically very small, think ZX-6, in particular the seat to peg distance. A slip on will cost you $1200-$1500 ($800 for the pipe, $650 for the a specially tuned race ECU to deal with the very lean condition that occurs), fuel mileage is abysmal if you ride it like it is meant to, quickshifter cut time is too long and engagement is slow IMO (not sure if you can tune that or not). Part support is definitely more difficult as a track bike.

track schedule is up for GBM and Pro6, no long track this year

track schedule is up for GBM and Pro6, no long track this year

Nope... we might have to slum it with SMP hosted days for Long Track. Waiting on the Rider's Choice schedule to see what they have, but they usually do Fabi days. I'd like to do Fabi again.

it's been a long time since I've run fabi, but I do like it more than nelson. That long straight works out well on the CBR :p Yeah, I'd look at doing a day or two of SMP hosted days. We'll wait to see how the racer5 days work out on friday's (does anyone know what the sessions will look like?). Fridays are ideal, but if they go 4 groups, I likely won't go as often as I'd like to.

anyone want to go to Calabogie july 14-15th?

i'm off that week and thinking about doing those dates

Back
Top Bottom