Kijiji scammer alert | GTAMotorcycle.com

Kijiji scammer alert

timtune

Site Supporter
Just a heads up that if Steve Gibbz replies to your want ad move along. I just learned a $50 lesson and maybe I can prevent you from loosing some too.
I'm going to see if I can report him to Kijiji. I assume they have somewhere to report this type of scumbag.

Sorry to hear this. If you don't mind. What were the details of this transaction?

From Kijiji:
"If you’ve experienced fraud, please contact Kijiji and report the incident to your local police department. Hang onto your file number for future reference. If you find suspicious activity on your credit report, you should update your file with the police.

In the case of online fraud where money has been transferred, report the incident to the financial institution that transferred the funds (such as your bank). Lastly, we recommend contacting the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre toll free at 1-888-495-8501 or through the Fraud Reporting System.

Kijiji works collaboratively with law enforcement organizations in an effort to support their criminal investigations."

Just a heads up that if Steve Gibbz replies to your want ad move along. I just learned a $50 lesson and maybe I can prevent you from loosing some too.
I'm going to see if I can report him to Kijiji. I assume they have somewhere to report this type of scumbag.
Is that the one where they want a report that you have to pay for then silence?

Was looking for a specific part. He replied with pics. If I had googled his name I would have known but after decades of no problems ever with bike stuff I let my guard down. I etrans $50 and then he went to ground.
I posted a scam alert ad on kijiji with his name. Not sure what else I can do but be more vigilant next time.

This is getting so common and I’m sorry to hear.

Buddy is trying to buy some patio furniture. Seller says to send a small deposit to hold due to interest (200 for a patio set … I’m looking too!). He tells the seller no need as he’ll be there in 10min since he’s near.

Address is to some unconnected house where the owner is confused why people are showing up looking for stuff.

Sorry to hear. Report the mofo.

This is getting so common and I’m sorry to hear.

Buddy is trying to buy some patio furniture. Seller says to send a small deposit to hold due to interest (200 for a patio set … I’m looking too!). He tells the seller no need as he’ll be there in 10min since he’s near.

Address is to some unconnected house where the owner is confused why people are showing up looking for stuff.

Sorry to hear. Report the mofo.
I've been known to ask for deposit on expensive stuff, if you aren't planning to close the deal anytime soon and i'm getting repeated offers. I always give the first person with interest a chance to close it, but I'm not losing a sale because you're in Cuba until Sunday.

I will never do a deposit on Kijiji, FBM, etc. as a seller or buyer. As a buyer always a chance for scammers (sorry that happened OP). As a seller it can be a big hassle with game players and delayed pickup.

As a seller first response gets first dibs but they need to close reasonably quickly (I will wait until the coming weekend but the date and time needs to be set or I move to the next person). I will be clear to each subsequent respondent that they are number X in line and if the previous person does not close I will give them a chance to. I won't do the first person here with cash thing as I know I hate that game as a buyer. I also sometimes get people offering me more money to move to the first spot, sorry I gave the other person my word.

Also reduces game players on pick-up. Low ball me, sorry no deal, I have others waiting. I am usually clear on that before they even come (still some try).

My phone is sending more texts and emails to spam than ever before. So many scams these days.

My favourite one from a while ago was something like “I’m on an oil rig right now, can you send it to blah blah blah”. I replied with “hey, I’m on the oil rig across from you, swim across and let’s do the deal”.

So true, seems all I get are spam and scam emails & texts now-a-days.
From the cops are after me to duct cleaning it never seems to end and most likely never will...

From the cops are after me to duct cleaning it never seems to end and most likely never will...

What’s worse is that I’m very careful who I give my mobile # to. Some webforms for various places/companies insist on a mobile # field being filled so I’m 99% certain that those places have sold my # which makes me pretty mad.

What’s worse is that I’m very careful who I give my mobile # to. Some webforms for various places/companies insist on a mobile # field being filled so I’m 99% certain that those places have sold my # which makes me pretty mad.
If I don't agree with the collection of my number (say some crappy store or camera company needs it for account) I use a 416-555-xxxx number. Most aren't setup to catch the obvious fake number but they will catch a fake area code.

The texts are far fewer than emails, but I am sure someone is selling the numbers...

Text and email scams? I keep a pic of my junk on my phone specifically for them. Sir, your package has been held/delayed/you weren't home to receive it. ''That's odd. I have a package I received today right here. Please open the attached image to make sure this isn't the one you're contacting me about.''

I had my SIN number canceled a few days ago apparently lmao

I've had my SIN cancelled, Officer Mike from the CRA is coming for me to arrest me, I got a tax refund BEFORE I submitted my documentation, and the list goes on and on...

As @backmarkerducati there are downsides to taking funds from a buyer online. Wife took $25-30 for some kids' books....2.5 weeks later and the buyer still hasn't shown up.

I'm tempted to just send them the money back so we can sell the books and get rid of them from the house.

I've had my SIN cancelled, Officer Mike from the CRA is coming for me to arrest me, I got a tax refund BEFORE I submitted my documentation, and the list goes on and on...

As @backmarkerducati there are downsides to taking funds from a buyer online. Wife took $25-30 for some kids' books....2.5 weeks later and the buyer still hasn't shown up.

I'm tempted to just send them the money back so we can sell the books and get rid of them from the house.
Ooof. Can't accept a deposit without a closing date in hand.

Ooof. Can't accept a deposit without a closing date in hand.
100% agree. But I didn't do the deal, so we'll see. They're in Scarborough but such flakes I don't want to take the stuff to work and then get a message 'oh can you just drop it off since you're here'.

Back
Top Bottom