Junk Removal - Need help | GTAMotorcycle.com

Junk Removal - Need help

Jampy00

Site Supporter
Have some stuff on my property that I'd like removed. it is all unusable due to neglect (not from me) and just needs to go to the dump.

Paddle boat
Canoe
kids swing set (disassembled)
some other random stuff

Anybody have a pickup truck/trailer? I am happy to pay (time & fuel) and happy to help.

Not interested in renting a bin or using a professional service, this should be only a few hours work. ( I just don't have the truck/trailer )

Depending on where you need to take it a rental van/truck may be the way to go. If the dump or transfer station takes construction material I prefer to rent as a nail (or worse yet screws) in a tire is too much of a risk for a friends (or mine) vehicle for me. Some places are very clean and highly sorted and low risk but also a PITA to use as you need to sort your crap and put stuff in specific bins. Others you just toss it all in a pile and there are debris, nails and screws everywhere, their heavy equipment then comes and deals with it. A rental is cheaper than a tire....

Depending on where you need to take it a rental van/truck may be the way to go. If the dump or transfer station takes construction material I prefer to rent as a nail (or worse yet screws) in a tire is too much of a risk for a friends (or mine) vehicle for me. Some places are very clean and highly sorted and low risk but also a PITA to use as you need to sort your crap and put stuff in specific bins. Others you just toss it all in a pile and there are debris, nails and screws everywhere, their heavy equipment then comes and deals with it. A rental is cheaper than a tire....
As stated I have no vehicle to handle this, but a kind GTAM member has agreed to assist and I am happy to pay for their time.
I also live in an area where having to go and drop off a rental could be a PITA...

Do you have a hitch on your vehicle?
If so. You can use my trailer.

Yeah trailer, rental vehicle etc, zaw zaw it all up into manageable bits, and take it to your local dump/transfer station.
Maybe the if it's mental bits you could drag it to the side of the road and see if any of those metal vulture guys take it away.

I guess you could call one of those junk companies to help you remove it, but I think that could get expensive.

Yeah trailer, rental vehicle etc, zaw zaw it all up into manageable bits, and take it to your local dump/transfer station.
Maybe the if it's mental bits you could drag it to the side of the road and see if any of those metal vulture guys take it away.

I guess you could call one of those junk companies to help you remove it, but I think that could get expensive.
The junk companies are kind of expensive but it's really cheap to rent a bin for a day

Sent from the future

The junk companies are kind of expensive but it's really cheap to rent a bin for a day

Sent from the future
Nope, I checked. This is why I posted.

Not cutting up fiberglass, sadly not enough metal to make it worth anything.

A lot of unwanted stuff leaves my front lawn via "free" sign. Lots of time it doesn't leave until after dark.

Have you thought of putting them in the front yard with a free sign or Kijiji Free ads?
These items are large to move them to the front yard would be more effort than loading them to haul away.

Gorter in Hillsburgh or rent a bin?

Sent from the future
Called a number of places. It is due to the size of the paddle boat I have to get a large bin at a large price.
But if you're willing to pay for it, I'd happily take one! :p

Back
Top Bottom