Joe Bass' technology woes thread | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Joe Bass' technology woes thread

You will have the option when you put the sdcard in to make it part of the phone's memory so 1 large 64gb+32gb that will function as 1 memory unit or keep the phone at 32 and your card separate. I have kept mine separate since the phone has 32gb. I can always point the photos and videos to the 64gb if I run out of space on the phone.
What phone does this? I've never had that option come up on any Android or Blackberry device I have or that my gf has. That's about 6 different devices total I think.

Uhm, doesn't it matter what actual use will be made of the card? Or we should all just get the biggest baddest SD card, because the phone will be sad otherwise?
There is no need to get the biggest card. My gf has never used an SD card in any of her devices and they all support them. If there's no need for it then why bother? On the other hand, I have a 64 gig card and run out of space occasionally.

I never figured out how to save all my pics and videos to the sd card on my S4 ?
I can set that up on my G4, right?

Sent from my purple GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

What phone does this? I've never had that option come up on any Android or Blackberry device I have or that my gf has. That's about 6 different devices total I think.

It's a newish feature of Android 6.0 ("Adoptable Storage"). It's not quite seamless, but it's better than what it had before. May not be enabled for all phones, but seems like most do have it

It's a newish feature of Android 6.0 ("Adoptable Storage"). It's not quite seamless, but it's better than what it had before. May not be enabled for all phones, but seems like most do have it
Interesting. I'll have to keep an eye out for it. Maybe I just never noticed the setting?

Interesting. I'll have to keep an eye out for it. Maybe I just never noticed the setting?

When you insert a new sdcard the option pops up or you can go into the sdcard part and start the process.
You have to leave the card in THAT phone, it will not be read on other phone or pc once you format and configure it for phone storage.

As for large sdcard---ppl think they add to the speed of their phones like adding memory to a laptop.
They do not realize it is for saving info like a hard drive.

As for saving photos and videos to memory card...it depends on the photo/video app.
Go into the setup option of the app and you should see the option for location storage.

@NFQ and others... I would like to setup the option to autosynch my photos/videos over to my pc/nas. Not sure if I can set it to copy and check with what is on the phone, meaning as I delete things on the phone, only the saved items on the phones moves over. I don't want the pc/nas sending back stuff to the phone.

What app or setup to use for this? (don't say Tasker)...is it an easy IFTTT setup?

Last edited:
I never figured out how to save all my pics and videos to the sd card on my S4 ��
I can set that up on my G4, right?

G4 is great...you will be taking lots of photos and videos.
Remember, just say cheese/smile/LG and it will auto take the photo.

G4 is great...you will be taking lots of photos and videos.
Remember, just say cheese/smile/LG and it will auto take the photo.
Whiskey.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

When you insert a new sdcard the option pops up or you can go into the sdcard part and start the process.
You have to leave the card in THAT phone, it will not be read on other phone or pc once you format and configure it for phone storage.

As for large sdcard---ppl think they add to the speed of their phones like adding memory to a laptop.
They do not realize it is for saving info like a hard drive.

As for saving photos and videos to memory card...it depends on the photo/video app.
Go into the setup option of the app and you should see the option for location storage.

@NFQ and others... I would like to setup the option to autosynch my photos/videos over to my pc/nas. Not sure if I can set it to copy and check with what is on the phone, meaning as I delete things on the phone, only the saved items on the phones moves over. I don't want the pc/nas sending back stuff to the phone.

What app or setup to use for this? (don't say Tasker)...is it an easy IFTTT setup?
There's no easy/simple solution that I'm aware. Photosynch gets mentioned a lot, also some synology nas apps but nothing I've found really.

I do periodic downloads from google photos to my local Nas, but it's not automated.

Joe might I suggest... hahaha

fea8558e731013ae0ffc1cd34d56ba2c.jpg

Joe might I suggest... hahaha

fea8558e731013ae0ffc1cd34d56ba2c.jpg
I've got 2 of those brah!
One with the flip and one without.
I also own an original "brick". I got my first cellphone in 1988.
You'd think I would've figured out some **** by now, huh? ?

could probably sell those to some hipsters down in Liberty Village for some big $$$'s

Couldn't Dropbox et al sorta do this, if you had the client on both the phone and PC?

What about ownCloud?

Get a new 128 gb

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Probably won't need it as in 2 years I haven't even filled my phone and my sd card has ~2 gb on it.

10 seconds into setting up my new phone and issue #1: it limits my group texts to 10 people! I thought my S4 was bad with a 20 limit! I have 40+ people I text multiple times daily for my text to win contests. Do I have to now dl a messaging app???

Sent from my LG-H812 using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

10 seconds into setting up my new phone and issue #1: it limits my group texts to 10 people! I thought my S4 was bad with a 20 limit! I have 40+ people I text multiple times daily for my text to win contests. Do I have to now dl a messaging app???

Sent from my LG-H812 using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app
Try it using Textra if your sending to large groups.

Back
Top Bottom