Jeep Interested GTAM'ers | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Jeep Interested GTAM'ers

I off-road by myself all the time. Mind you they are pretty light trails with only a few major obstacles on my way to the shooting spot. I did get stuck in a mud pit once for 3 hours trying to dig myself out. That was not fun as i had no recovery gear. That was promptly fixed for next time.

I have had and still have a few different Jeeps over the years. Straight up there is no where you should be legally within the city limits. If you want to get into a good organization then I would highyl suggest joining the OF4WD. They run events and provide trail maps for most of the accessible trails which are free to use in Ontario on Crown Land.
Absolutely agree, it's 40 dollars well worth it and they provide you with access to their website and a network of trails rated from easy to difficult and it even tells you what upgrades you should have for each of the trail categories

Last edited:
Such a great looking jk. Thanks for the info about of4wd. Will look into it. Gtam off road meet?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Such a great looking jk. Thanks for the info about of4wd. Will look into it. Gtam off road meet?

echo that, I didn't know what site to look at to join. Thanks a bunch.

Absolutely agree, it's 40 dollars well worth it and they provide you with access to their website and a network of trails rated from easy to difficult and it even tells you what upgrades you should have for each of the trail categories

echo that, I didn't know what site to look at to join. Thanks a bunch.

No worries folks. I love seeing new people get into the hobby. It's how to do it without coming across as a trail nazi that is difficult. 4WD vehicles tend to be easily targeted when it comes to environmental and land based issues. If we can all make our best attempt possible to provide a positive image then the hobby will grow as well.

If you do decide to join the OF4WD then keep your eye out for the next newbie run. It`s on October the 24th and is a great way to be introduced into the 5 points trail system along with proper techniques when off-roading.

No worries folks. I love seeing new people get into the hobby. It's how to do it without coming across as a trail nazi that is difficult. 4WD vehicles tend to be easily targeted when it comes to environmental and land based issues. If we can all make our best attempt possible to provide a positive image then the hobby will grow as well.

If you do decide to join the OF4WD then keep your eye out for the next newbie run. It`s on October the 24th and is a great way to be introduced into the 5 points trail system along with proper techniques when off-roading.

Thanks!! I saw the newbie run posted earlier today when I looked. Can a stock TJ do this or should I start shopping now??

Thanks!! I saw the newbie run posted earlier today when I looked. Can a stock TJ do this or should I start shopping now??
Are you thinking of doing this? I don't know how I feel beating up on a vechicle I have payments on.

Any of you guys part of Baja? I just stumbled on this group. They do weekly meets every Tuesday in brampton. I'm gonna check out
954a9d0c2453dddb289776111bf947b4.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1442007536175.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1442007536175.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Are you thinking of doing this? I don't know how I feel beating up on a vechicle I have payments on.

If there isn't any paint loss I don't mind. This thing is long, long passed payments. Plus it is my wife's and she is super annoying lately. ;)

If there isn't any paint loss I don't mind. This thing is long, long passed payments. Plus it is my wife's and she is super annoying lately. ;)
Lmao. It's my wife's too but she kinda been awesome recently

Lmao. It's my wife's too but she kinda been awesome recently

No worries. Let's Plastidip the whole thing and then just peel it off when done. All the pics you take can be of some dude's you met on GTAM. :)

Here is a photo gallery of last weeks run with katva and the ofsc to give you an idea of a level 3 trail (Stock Rubicon or slightly modfied other). For newbie runs we typically divide into two or three groups. One group would be modified and if they choose Rubicons and the other would be unmodified or more concerned with potential vehicle damages.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/jordanjstadler/sets/72157658558426695/

With any offroading there is potential for vehicle damage. As a trail guide our job is to inform you of the consequences of your actions and try to give you options that you are comfortable doing. Light scratches or trail pinstriping as we call it would be a given as the trails in Southern Ontario tend to be very narrow. Dents and broken hard parts are very unlikely but still may be a possibility typically when you don't listen to your guide or stop paying attention.

Here a vid of me doing the obstacle called "The Playground". It's optional and so far this year I had not made it without winching.

[video=youtube;8vLvJtEByEM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vLvJtEByEM[/video]

Impressive stuff. Amazing what these vehicles can dom

After a 4 foot hill I was all smiles

haha yeah, no kidding... I am not looking for anything even close to that! Those guys are definitely real deal. I just want to drive through the woods hahaha. Maybe in a few more years when my little one is old enough to get some enjoyment out of it I will want to get into the crazy stuff. Looks expensive though. That damper looks badass.

Yup stock they are incredibly capable.

haha yeah, no kidding... I am not looking for anything even close to that! Those guys are definitely real deal. I just want to drive through the woods hahaha. Maybe in a few more years when my little one is old enough to get some enjoyment out of it I will want to get into the crazy stuff. Looks expensive though. That damper looks badass.

That's an off shoot of the trail the rest is pretty tame. Vids and pics never do anything justice as a few people over the year have rolled on that obstacle in the vid. Our shop Jeep in that vid has about 30k into it so not too bad for something you can still daily drive. The damper is pretty advanced as it's a through body design which is uncommon in the truck world. Other HD dampers tend to pull to one direction due to unequal force being applied.

Your problem is that you have a 4 door, 2 doors would have climbed in a second ;)

Just joking.

My stock Willis wheeler has done some stuff that I can't even believe. Even my old time hard core bronco off road friends were impressed, and I am new on this wheeling stuff.

Sent from my Leap using Tapatalk

^correct on this obstacle. But due to the fact there are a million more 2drs out there the longer wheel base on the 4dr really come in handy most of the time.

I didn't get a look at that Flickr album until now... that stuff is just the kind of thing I am looking for. Not the video of yourself killing that crazy obstacle lol.

Just lost the water pump.. at least I am pretty sure. Leaking out all over the place when hot.

Back
Top Bottom