it snowed in montreal today... | GTAMotorcycle.com

it snowed in montreal today...

Seems like an All season tire get together

Normal is too melodramatic, set video speed to 2 for proper slapstick.

Snow on top of glare ice, could happen in any city. When I go to Montreal in the winter I find them to be far more capable drivers than the ones in the GTA.

Snow on top of glare ice, could happen in any city. When I go to Montreal in the winter I find them to be far more capable drivers than the ones in the GTA.

They don't have any hills in the GTA worth mentioning. Montreal is built on a mountain. That road wasn't salted for some reason. I have to agree, Montrealers are better at winter driving.

I thought a winter tire is save-all-situatiosn tire, or so I am led to believe frequently on GTAM. What gives???

They have to be on from December 15, to March 15th. Procrastinators unite!

You can't get a good feeling for it in the vid but Beaver Hall hill is really steep. Too steep to try and swerve/coast downhill - you'd probably end up going through the intersection at 70km/h at the bottom. That's why you see everyone just get on the brakes and never let go of them.

Anyway. Funny stuff. The slomo pileup vid that keeps on giving.

Last edited:
the irony of that salt truck spreading like mad as its sliding down and hammers the cruiser left an impression ;)

the irony of that salt truck spreading like mad as its sliding down and hammers the cruiser left an impression ;)

All he had to do was reverse down the hill...

what i don't get is why the cars a;ready at the bottom of the hill start moving out of the way?

You've obviously never suffered PTSD.

no damn common sense, seriously how did they not just stop at the top of the hill after the pile up especially the cop car to keep ppl from going down the road
did the coms not work on the buses, how the hell did the other bus not see the pile up...special bus?

on another note, if cop car gave it some gas as he went backwards might have stopped him from hitting bus, but the snowplow coming at you is freaky

pick up truck at 20 seconds. Nice way to secure your load buddy!! Ladder was ready to be a flying projectile!

Technically, are you running a red light when your wheels are locked?

I like that the cop , getting the call of a multicar pileup at the bottom of a hill , crests the hill for a looky loo. 1st day on patrol in Montreal? Then dispatch a salter with the spreader behind the drive wheels? Like a Francois the landscaper version of a salter. Wacky Frenchmen.

Technically, are you running a red light when your wheels are locked?

yes, red light means you stop on or behind that line and not cross the right of way (but then again you are pushed, not in your control)...but wait, he was saying why didn't those cars at the bottom get out of the way meaning they would have to drive ahead through the red light.

Back
Top Bottom