Is this price reasonable? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Is this price reasonable?

I've been looking at the 300/400s but everyone says they are boring. I want middle ground. Fun but not crazy.
Insurance makes me sad.
More fun to ride a slow bike fast, ask anyone.

Fact is every bike is boring in Ontario if you actually follow the speed limits and rules...

I've been riding for 12 years...I'm on bike #6.
Not so.

It will be ear to ear grin all the way up to the limit.

Seems like RidersPlus is my best option at 1,800 a year. AllState offered me 15,000 a year... i was mind blown lol
If Riders Plus is the cheapest, then you need to call more places lol.

As a obnoxiously cheap Toronto motorcyclist of 17+ years, who spends a day every year calling ALL of the companies, Riders Choice has never once ever been able to beat my quotes from other companies and brokers.

As a obnoxiously cheap Toronto motorcyclist of 17+ years, who spends a day every year calling ALL of the companies, Riders Choice has never once ever been able to beat my quotes from other companies and brokers.
Could you provide me with some better places?

I've been looking at the 300/400s but everyone says they are boring. I want middle ground. Fun but not crazy.
Insurance makes me sad.
My comment on "300/400s are boring".
Not beeing able to afford to ride is BORING!
I have been known to do 5000km+ trips on a 250cc with a smile on my face.

blue book price
That is about 7500.00 $CDN trade in price.
Considering Kawasaki still has new 2023 bikes for sale most dealers will probably offer a lot less.

Fact is every bike is boring in Ontario if you actually follow the speed limits and rules...

I've been riding for 12 years...I'm on bike #6.
Unless you own a KLR. 42 hp ensures it's not all about speed. ( I guess this means you can include a Ural )

Could you provide me with some better places?
I'm with Desjardin but like @adri said the best bet is take the time (I know it's a pain) and call a bunch of companies, answer all their dumb questions over and over again to find out who can provide the best deal.

If you want a lower price look for less frills. NONE of my bikes (I think I'm on #16) have ever had fire or theft coverage. Also never had comprehensive. I used to insist on the phone that I wanted the bare minimum required by law but now I bump the liability up but still no frills.

Also, this is your first year of riding here. Insurance will likely be 30-40% higher for new drivers. And in the first year, in the eyes of the insurance "bigger the cc, higher the chances of a crash."

I got mine around the same time last year. I made 15 calls and posted in local Facebook groups before I found the cheapest quote. It took me around 2 weeks. As everything insurance goes, sometimes the agent has certain discretions for reducing the premiums.

The advice I received from this forum is "get through the first year with as small a bike as possible and your insurance will drop the following year."

sometimes the agent has certain discretions for reducing the premiums.
Really, only if there's loyalty/new customer discounts. They basically punch in your details into a computer and it spits out premiums.

So long as the agent/broker is competent (making sure they take the time to find the opportunity for savings) and making sure all eligible discounts are correctly applied, it should be the same.

Having said that, too many agents/brokers are incompetent.

I do the same thing, but Rider's Choice has been my broker for at least two years running now (2 bikes + 1 car)

Those high quotes are much more about you as an unknown/new rider than the bike. Short term, the best thing you can do is marry an engineer and call TD. They have great discounts for certain professional categories.

More realistically, a smaller bike is a good choice for a year or two.

Those high quotes are much more about you as an unknown/new rider than the bike. Short term, the best thing you can do is marry an engineer and call TD. They have great discounts for certain professional categories.

More realistically, a smaller bike is a good choice for a year or two.
Can confirm. TD is the lowest I can get anywhere with about a 20-25% discount simply for being a PEO member.

I have no other use for that designation except the insurance discount.

Back
Top Bottom