Is this price reasonable? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Is this price reasonable?

UkrainianRider

I'm looking to buy the following bike:

2021 Kawasaki ninja 650 krt abs
Driven 6,500 km

Hes asking $9,000 and I offered him 8,000.

He said no.

Am I crazy? Is he over pricing it? or should I increase my price?

Thanks for your help in advance!

I'm looking to buy the following bike:

2021 Kawasaki ninja 650 krt abs
Driven 6,500 km

Hes asking $9,000 and I offered him 8,000.

He said no.

Am I crazy? Is he over pricing it? or should I increase my price?

Thanks for your help in advance!
Brand new 2024 is $12K plus, plus.
$8K is realistic, but it is spring time - he'll likely get the asking price.

That's really good advice, I was quoted 2,150 for this bike. Higher then i expected but far the best I could find. Some wanted 16,000... insane.
Look for a different bike. Unless you can justify spending that amount in insurance alone.
There are many bikes that are just as fun but lower insurance premiums.

Look for a different bike. Unless you can justify spending that amount in insurance alone.
There are many bikes that are just as fun but lower insurance premiums.
What do you recommend? Only ones I can find with cheaper insurance are they R3 and Ninja 300.

If you’re a new rider in Canada then for decent insurance it’ll need to be <500cc.

An R3, KTM390c, CBR300, NINJA 300/400, CB500 series F/X/R are much more decent on insurance.

If you’re a new rider in Canada then for decent insurance it’ll need to be <500cc.

An R3, KTM390c, CBR300, NINJA 300/400, CB500 series F/X/R are much more decent on insurance.
I gave the insurance guy a call to compare prices for the Ninja 400 and the 650, and it looks like the 650 would only cost an extra $35 per month. It's got me thinking if that difference is big enough to make me lean towards the 650 instead.

But honestly, I'm still torn on which one to go for.

You can get a lot of help in the insurance forum. If you're eligible for a license class upgrade, ask the insurance companies how much that would save you, it might change things.

My Z900RS is like $820/yr despite having 100 hp.

What do you recommend? Only ones I can find with cheaper insurance are they R3 and Ninja 300.
Any of the bikes @mimico_polak mentioned.

I know the Yamaha FZ6 is cheap on insurance because I had one.
Naked sport touring bike. May or may not suite your style.
They technically are a half fairing bike but lots get converted to naked.

Cruisers are also cheap but again may not be your style

Last edited:
that old parallel twin is known to be a bit uninspiring, I would find something else, especially for almost 10k

That's really good advice, I was quoted 2,150 for this bike. Higher then i expected but far the best I could find. Some wanted 16,000... insane.
What insurance companies out there are giving FOAD quotes on a Ninja 650?

I gave the insurance guy a call to compare prices for the Ninja 400 and the 650, and it looks like the 650 would only cost an extra $35 per month. It's got me thinking if that difference is big enough to make me lean towards the 650 instead.

But honestly, I'm still torn on which one to go for.
Also, make sure you call mulitple companies and brokers for the same bike. They will all have wildly different prices for the same bike and rider.
Welcome to the stupidity of Ontario motorcycle insurance.

Also, make sure you call mulitple companies and brokers for the same bike. They will all have wildly different prices for the same bike and rider.
Welcome to the stupidity of Ontario motorcycle insurance.
Seems like RidersPlus is my best option at 1,800 a year. AllState offered me 15,000 a year... i was mind blown lol

Seems like RidersPlus is my best option at 1,800 a year. AllState offered me 15,000 a year... i was mind blown lol
If you have home and or auto insurance already, see if you can get a bundling discount. It can be up to 30% in some cases.

That's insanity. Might have to let the 650 go for at least a year.
Ninja 250/300/400 or CBR300 should give more reasonable rates.
I've been looking at the 300/400s but everyone says they are boring. I want middle ground. Fun but not crazy.
Insurance makes me sad.

Back
Top Bottom