Is this an illegal overtake? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Is this an illegal overtake?

cool

Banned
Race experts please chime in.

[video=youtube;PxilVj9Z-Zk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxilVj9Z-Zk[/video]

Hung out to dry ... So be it ... The rider on the white bike was running wide in corners and left the door open, and the rider behind took it.

Hung out to dry ... So be it ... The rider on the white bike was running wide in corners and left the door open, and the rider behind took it.

Yamamoto (the white cbr) was deliberately pushed out tho. 3 of them team up. One of them kept pushing Yamamoto out ( as in they're actually bumping him and would cause a crash if he doesnt give way), then held him off line so all three can pass. Notice they did it multiple times, Yamamoto is clearly much faster than them but he eventually did not want to risk his life.

Compared to SBK or AMA, you dont see such moves as it seems riders respect each other lives more

Edit: Here i what i mean, the above scenario would end up like one of these, if Yamamoto did not ease off and went off the race line.
[video=youtube;S36TuUCUT1M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=84&v=S36TuUCUT1M[/video]

I think ARRC needs to stricten their rules. Their races are actually more dangerous than SBK.

Last edited:
That's generally how passes are made.

have you seen moto3?

No you dont bump other riders to make a pass. Thats dangerous and stupid. Isnt that the whole point of "blocking"? expecting other riders not to hit you?

Atho, Yamamoto did leave some space. It wasnt enough for other riders to pass safely.

No you dont bump other riders to make a pass. Thats dangerous and stupid. Isnt that the whole point of "blocking"? expecting other riders not to hit you?

Atho, Yamamoto did leave some space. It wasnt enough for other riders to pass safely.
White bike refused to give up the line and they bumped.

illegal overtake, no.

rude, yes.

will he learn to stay tighter and not leave the door open, yes.

They're all very young, 16-19 yrs old so i'm sure they will learn.

However i think the rules need to be more strict considering how many stupid crashes in ARRC. Most likely they will learn to be more aggressive and cause more crashes. There are many fatal incidents in the series due to these kind of "tactics"

White bike refused to give up the line and they bumped.

ok so my question is, isnt that against the rule to bump other riders to take the line?

I dont see this happens in AMA or SBK. I dont know the racing rules btw. I honestly think if you cant overtake cleanly, dont do it.

ok so my question is, isnt that against the rule to bump other riders to take the line?

I dont see this happens in AMA or SBK. I dont know the racing rules btw. I honestly think if you cant overtake cleanly, dont do it.
I'm saying the dark bike took the line and the white bike did the bumping.

Yamamoto (the white cbr) was deliberately pushed out tho. 3 of them team up. One of them kept pushing Yamamoto out ( as in they're actually bumping him and would cause a crash if he doesnt give way), then held him off line so all three can pass. Notice they did it multiple times, Yamamoto is clearly much faster than them but he eventually did not want to risk his life.

Compared to SBK or AMA, you dont see such moves as it seems riders respect each other lives more

Edit: Here i what i mean, the above scenario would end up like one of these, if Yamamoto did not ease off and went off the race line.
[video=youtube;S36TuUCUT1M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=84&v=S36TuUCUT1M[/video]

I think ARRC needs to stricten their rules. Their races are actually more dangerous than SBK.
He was on a ninja. That's all I had to add.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

It's a block pass. No biggie. He left the door open so they went through it. Only reason there was contact was because he(Yamamoto) leaned in on the rider to his inside when he should have just given up the spot.

Really? At 3:14-3:15, it looked to me like the dark bike took the opening on the inside (as is his right to), but then stood his bike up a bit to bump the white bike outwards and then leaned his bike back down to continue with the curve.

I hear "rubbing is racing", but that seemed like a deliberate hit.

It's a block pass. No biggie. He left the door open so they went through it. Only reason there was contact was because he(Yamamoto) leaned in on the rider to his inside when he should have just given up the spot.
+1. Yeah it was aggressive but that's racing

Really? At 3:14-3:15, it looked to me like the dark bike took the opening on the inside (as is his right to), but then stood his bike up a bit to bump the white bike outwards and then leaned his bike back down to continue with the curve.

I hear "rubbing is racing", but that seemed like a deliberate hit.
It's a long double apex turn, everyone was standing it up momentarily

Back
Top Bottom