Is There Any Bike Out There That Can Give You 400+ km's On Tank Of Gas? | Page 10 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Is There Any Bike Out There That Can Give You 400+ km's On Tank Of Gas?

That's what I was thinking too. For a toy, it's all about the smiles not the cost of fuel. If it's burning that much fuel, there should be a ton of smiles.

Great minds think alike. A toy, yes. It is like who cares if you get lost and use gas. A ton of smiles, then more. Guess that ton of smiles weighs the bike down costing me more gas. Lol.

2002 SV650S - 240km light starts flashing - 270km light stays on - fill up at 305km and remaining fuel could take it to 320km. Majority commuting in city traffic. Probably can squeak some more distance if I wanted to be really conservative or long highway trips at ~110kph

2002 SV650S - 240km light starts flashing - 270km light stays on - fill up at 305km and remaining fuel could take it to 320km. Majority commuting in city traffic. Probably can squeak some more distance if I wanted to be really conservative or long highway trips at ~110kph

06 SV650s - 190-200km light starts flashing - never gone to solid light - n/a. I have gone up until 225km with light coming on at 205km or so. I would say I could maybe eek out 240km..or thereabouts.

I do ride more on the aggressive side with throttle, +1 on the rear sprocket and I weigh about 220 geared up. Still wondering how you are getting that much more than me.

Still wondering how you are getting that much more than me.

Riding style and tuning makes a huge difference. When I bought my first bike (450 nighthawk) I was getting almost 400 km per tank. With experience, more throttle was used and I dropped to ~200 km per tank. At that point top speed indicated was ~145 km/h. Played around with the carbs and valve lash to get top speed indicated to ~185 km/h. After that, if I was really on it a tank would be gone in ~120 km.

06 SV650s - 190-200km light starts flashing - never gone to solid light - n/a. I have gone up until 225km with light coming on at 205km or so. I would say I could maybe eek out 240km..or thereabouts.

I do ride more on the aggressive side with throttle, +1 on the rear sprocket and I weigh about 220 geared up. Still wondering how you are getting that much more than me.

Any aftermarket exhaust etc on your bike? Tuned ECU? Mine is bone stock, but also carbureted. I'm not shy on the throttle and only a few pounds lighter.

Any aftermarket exhaust etc on your bike? Tuned ECU? Mine is bone stock, but also carbureted. I'm not shy on the throttle and only a few pounds lighter.

Yeah, can and mid pipe(previous owner) - not tuned though. I usually fill up right after my light which means I've used about 3.6g. That equates to 55mpg which I guess isn't too bad. I ride a lot to work which is 56km one way so I have to visit the gas station a little too frequent for my liking... oh wellz!

Last edited:
I've hit 350kms on the Ninja 300 in urban/suburban areas.. I'm sure I could probably hit over 400 if:
a. I'm riding rural
b. I'm not tempted to accelerate hard from a stop for a whole tank. (Probably has never happened)

Most sport touring bikes would have a range of over 400km. Not sure what you're looking at in the way of bike style or size.

My 1997 ST1100 has a 28l tank and an estimated range of 480km. I usually don't begin looking for fuel until I get to about 400km on the trip gauge. Fortunately it takes regular fuel so that keeps the cost at the pump down a little bit.

06 - K1200R - tank is 20l and will do very close to 400km. My buddy rides a R1200GS and that also does close to 400km.

06 - K1200R - tank is 20l and will do very close to 400km. My buddy rides a R1200GS and that also does close to 400km.
That's pretty good, but it can't be much fun. I rode one a fews years ago, I could never do better than 16.5/100 or 330km/tank. To get 400km per tank on a BMW 1200, you would have to ride 100kmh on a freeway for 4 hours with no bags - not my cup of tea.

I think the OP is looking for regular use -- not what you can do when hyper-mile riding techniques come into play.

Most sport touring bikes would have a range of over 400km

don't think so....my CBF1000 just gets to 300 km, my kids FZ8 got maybe 220.

My Vstrom 650 easily got there ...450 km generally and the tank was not a that large 22 L...just a very fuel efficient bike. My KLR650 also easily gets 400+ but 25 litre tank.

The CB500x gets insane mileage on a 17.5 l tank.
http://www.fuelly.com/motorcycle/honda/cb500x

Back
Top Bottom