Insurance and the collision centre | GTAMotorcycle.com

Insurance and the collision centre

Boots

If you get into an accident and are willing to pay out of pocket for the damages (at fault) and you and the other person report it to the collision centre (the other person is fine with me paying out of pocket) , do they automatically tell the insurance companies you were involved in an accident or is there any way to keep this under the table from insurance when dealing with the collision centres

It was about 10 years ago when I reported an incident that the driver didn't stop for but reported later as well. My insurance company called me the next day and I told them I would not be using them at all and the other driver wasn't either. It never affected my rates, nor went on my record.

It's one of those bluff games if you don't report it.

The other person's version could be on record if they do.

The last time I reported one the insurance didn't call me, so I'm not sure if they knew,
the guy started jerking me around about cost, after I got a couple of quotes,
so I put it through the insurance, since I needed the vehicle.

My experience was that the collision centre reports it to your insurance company. I got a letter from the insurance company and they told me on the phone that it would impact my premiums regardless of me filling a claim or not.

well if the other party files
then for sure the rate would change
if both party's report but don't file a claim
there should be no change in rate

well if the other party files
then for sure the rate would change
if both party's report but don't file a claim
there should be no change in rate
I'm going in on Monday to report it I believe he is going in on the same day as well. He specifically told me he won't go through insurance... Do they explicitly ask you over there if you want to go through insurance

they don't ask
but they do report to insurance
if none of you are going with insurance
may i suggest skipping the filing

just make a letter saying that none of you will make the claim
and who ever is at fault just make a full and final release letter
and pay the person to repair his or hers rides

I'm going in on Monday to report it I believe he is going in on the same day as well. He specifically told me he won't go through insurance... Do they explicitly ask you over there if you want to go through insurance

they don't ask
but they do report to insurance
if none of you are going with insurance
may i suggest skipping the filing

just make a letter saying that none of you will make the claim
and who ever is at fault just make a full and final release letter
and pay the person to repair his or hers rides
Well I mean **** if they're gonna know about it, might as well just go through insurance if I'm gonna have a my first accident on record plus have to fork out thousands of dollars for repairs. Seems like doing it privately would just mean I'm paying more money. (if I go to the collision centre). Was trying to not get this on my record.

None of this would have been mentioned had these ******* tow truck drivers not sped up to the scene of a fender bender trying to make a quick buck, then came to the scene acting like lawyers.

Last edited:
never listen to a tow truck driver lol
they are just there to fu@k you and get paid
if you ride SS ur insurance will go up by allot with an at fault

so to avoid things don't report it pay the guy
and get a full and final release in writing
that way he cant come after you
later and say i want more money

did u guys get towed ?
Toronto accident tow is only $137 plus tax

never listen to a tow truck driver lol
they are just there to fu@k you and get paid
if you ride SS ur insurance will go up by allot with an at fault

so to avoid things don't report it pay the guy
and get a full and final release in writing
that way he cant come after you
later and say i want more money

did u guys get towed ?
Toronto accident tow is only $137 plus tax
No one got towed I told the driver to piss off. You should have seen the way they turned into the scene. Broke multiple laws and held up traffic like savages

they all do that lol
and you know why ?
that tow is worth about $3000 to them
so if you drove that truck you would do the same

You know, I get that some people try to help but if you don't have the right information at least say "i think" before writing something out

Just talked to a police officer at the collision center and they have NO communication with insurance companies unless claims are made.

Again, I appreciate the help but come on, you know...

Boots, not the Subaru??
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 Windows Phone using Tapatalk

Boots, not the Subaru??
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 Windows Phone using Tapatalk

Nah my FRS would have been able to prevent that accident given the fact it has ABS, rotor brakes in the rear and its 1000 pounds lighter...

But, don't think I'll be riding next year as per my bike is for sale to pay for the damages. Really bummed out because I was exited to ride with you.

You know, I get that some people try to help but if you don't have the right information at least say "i think" before writing something out

Just talked to a police officer at the collision center and they have NO communication with insurance companies unless claims are made.

That's interesting considering in my story there were NO CLAIMS ON EITHER SIDE, yet I still received a phone call the next day from my insurance company.

But we know that all cops know what they're talking about....... Lol

Every crc office has insurance agents at the back
and they are the ones making reports to insurance
the cops don't

Every crc office has insurance agents at the back
and they are the ones making reports to insurance
the cops don't

Oh I'm absolutely sure they do; however, from what I was told by multiple people there (not just the one police officer) was that they only get involved when a claim or dispute is filed.

For me, there is no dispute, I rear ended some one it was my fault -- no need to send it straight through to insurance for them to decipher who was right or wrong.

So a lot of things have changed in the couple days, and apparently fender benders cost 6400 dollars now... So I told the guy to go through insurance.

Anyone with accidents in their insurance history who is willing to chime in here know/vaguely remember how much of an increase you faced at first and how much it went down over the years?

Keep in mind I didn't make a claim since my car wasn't damaged I just reported that I was in an at fault accident to my insurance (if this matters at all, probably not)

So a lot of things have changed in the couple days, and apparently fender benders cost 6400 dollars now... So I told the guy to go through insurance.

Anyone with accidents in their insurance history who is willing to chime in here know/vaguely remember how much of an increase you faced at first and how much it went down over the years?

Keep in mind I didn't make a claim since my car wasn't damaged I just reported that I was in an at fault accident to my insurance (if this matters at all, probably not)

An at-fault will affect your car insurance if it happened in your car. Depending on who you're insured with, it may or may not affect your bike insurance.

My accident 5 years ago basically restricted me from getting a car but my bike insurance stayed low.

Most insurance companies offered me between $350-$400/mo for an entry level car while my bike insurance gradually decreased over the years due to "experience" and age starting at $1950 for a cbr125 (1M Liability + Fire and theft at the age of 19) to $1100 for 1M full coverage for a ninja 300 for a ninja 300 at the age of 23.

RBC Insurance and TDMM did not increase my bike insurance from the accident (Spoke with insurance agents) while Statefarm seemed to have an increased a bit from the accident.

Edit: The year after I got into my accident, my insurance quotes were around $600+/mo for an entry-level car. But keep in mind I was around 18-19 years old at the time.

An at-fault will affect your car insurance if it happened in your car. Depending on who you're insured with, it may or may not affect your bike insurance.

My accident 5 years ago basically restricted me from getting a car but my bike insurance stayed low.

Most insurance companies offered me between $350-$400/mo for an entry level car while my bike insurance gradually decreased over the years due to "experience" and age starting at $1950 for a cbr125 (1M Liability + Fire and theft at the age of 19) to $1100 for 1M full coverage for a ninja 300 for a ninja 300 at the age of 23.

RBC Insurance and TDMM did not increase my bike insurance from the accident (Spoke with insurance agents) while Statefarm seemed to have an increased a bit from the accident.

Edit: The year after I got into my accident, my insurance quotes were around $600+/mo for an entry-level car. But keep in mind I was around 18-19 years old at the time.

Mmm. My moto insurance told me the same thing. How much of a decrease was It after the first year of paying 600 plus?

I'm a secondary driver oat the age of 21 too so hopefully that helps.

And state farm actually insured you after the incident? Interesting maybe I'll see if my moto insurance can go with them

Back
Top Bottom