I'm not trying to be BAD *** here but i gotta get my bike nomatter what | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

I'm not trying to be BAD *** here but i gotta get my bike nomatter what

Hey, Look like I got it wrong man cuz I though people who like to ride this kinds of bike are the high roller people.

Welcome to GTAM "hellyeah". Stick around, I'm looking forward to your future posts. I dedicate this song to you:

[video=youtube;CtwJvgPJ9xw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtwJvgPJ9xw[/video]

I have a question.

Where are you going to ride your dirt bike? Gotta be plated and insured for the streets.

At that point you may just as well buy a smaller cc street bike.

Not if it's green plated, meaning off-road only. Insurance will only be around 150$.

i look forward to the following thread in HTA.

"help got pulled over without insurance need advice"

Good luck OP if anything happens , knock on wood it does not, you may regret this both from legal, financial and medical grounds.

hey thx man this is what I'm looking for.

This wont work at all Mastrakkoic friend is either lying, non-existant or just extremely lucky. Even if you get away with it once it will be on your record and the next cop will see that and ask questions.

cop: "insurance"
op: "forgot the slip"
cop: "i see you said that last time you got pulled over what company"

op "X company"
cop: "ill give them a call"

or

op "don't remember"
cop "here is a ticket for driving without valid insurance but hey bring you slips to the trail and we can correct that to driving without proof of insurance"

Not to mention the fact that MTO and COPs are increasingly trying to get more info in their DB including if a vehicle is insured.

Best advice is get a smaller bike or wait till you are 25.

Not if it's green plated, meaning off-road only. Insurance will only be around 150$.

that was my point. If he gets a green plate he can't go on roads, and then has to figure out a way to get to trails. Then most likely pay for a trail permit. Not many places to ride it UNLESS he has access to private land. I believe even crown land is off limits in some cases.

Ha ha. Good troll. You've got everyone sucked in believing you are for real... No homo.

eBike bro... what's more to think about? It solves all your problems, cheaper than relocating to another province. I hear you don't need gas to run it also.
Not true.

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

that was my point. If he gets a green plate he can't go on roads, and then has to figure out a way to get to trails. Then most likely pay for a trail permit. Not many places to ride it UNLESS he has access to private land. I believe even crown land is off limits in some cases.

Basically exactly what I said in my previous post.

:)

Well crown land certainly is off limits, (at least without valid green plate and insurance).

geez....just read your first few posts, now you may not be trying to be a badass but you're doing a great job at being a dumbass!!

Personally I think op is a troll but if he is not then his way of thinking makes sense if he just came to Canada recently. There is a massive difference in mentality between east and west. I have been here for almost 20 years already and currently date a Canadian girl and even after all these years of being assimilated me and my girl still have fundamentally different ways of thinking about laws, society and authority.

Hey, Look like I got it wrong man cuz I though people who like to ride this kinds of bike are the high roller people.

Not a "high roller" ... just mature. The younger folk can't afford the insurance. (Hmmm. Maybe there's a reason for that.)

Not a "high roller" ... just mature. The younger folk can't afford the insurance. (Hmmm. Maybe there's a reason for that.)
This making sense thing. Stop. Op look at some of the comments you've made thus far and ask yourself why it is younger people get charged a much higher premium than older people. There's plenty of options other than a 1000 that will make riding fun for you that aren't ego driven. Shop around.

Personally I think op is a troll but if he is not then his way of thinking makes sense if he just came to Canada recently. There is a massive difference in mentality between east and west. I have been here for almost 20 years already and currently date a Canadian girl and even after all these years of being assimilated me and my girl still have fundamentally different ways of thinking about laws, society and authority.

Stop using cultural differences as an excuse for the OP. Following the rules, whether it's here or overseas, it's an individual choice.

Don't want to de-rail this thread, but as an immigrant myself, I kept hearing all these excuses that "it's different here than back home". Well, for us immigrants, we all made a choice to make a better life here in this great country. Consider it a fresh start, and start being a better person. When you get your citizenship, you sworn an oath: "I will faithfully observe the laws of Canada and fulfil my duties as a Canadian citizen" Guess it's meaningless to some, and again someone will blame it on poor understanding of English... yada yada yada. Stop using culture as an excuse because even back home, different people have different upbringing, different parents, etc that'll have differences as well. Stop having this inferior mentality and do something to better yourself as a person.

OP, if you are not trolling us, then hopefully by now you understand that 1) motorcycling is not cheap - you have to pay to play, 2) skirting the law/insurance is a bad decision (doesn't mean you can't do it because according to you that's what real men do. I'd like to think that's more of behaviours of man-childs), and 3) be prepared to deal with some serious consequences and don't say that you had not been warned.

I am not trying to come off as self-righteous and say that I hadn't broken any laws in the past. I'd gotten tickets and went thru due process. But this "cultural differences" or "North-American mentality" really bothers me when being used as an excuse, especially when he had been explained what is required.

/rant off. Mods, feel free to delete this post if my rant is out of line and off topic. Thanks.

Stop using cultural differences as an excuse for the OP. Following the rules, whether it's here or overseas, it's an individual choice.

Don't want to de-rail this thread, but as an immigrant myself, I kept hearing all these excuses that "it's different here than back home". Well, for us immigrants, we all made a choice to make a better life here in this great country. Consider it a fresh start, and start being a better person. When you get your citizenship, you sworn an oath: "I will faithfully observe the laws of Canada and fulfil my duties as a Canadian citizen" Guess it's meaningless to some, and again someone will blame it on poor understanding of English... yada yada yada. Stop using culture as an excuse because even back home, different people have different upbringing, different parents, etc that'll have differences as well. Stop having this inferior mentality and do something to better yourself as a person.

OP, if you are not trolling us, then hopefully by now you understand that 1) motorcycling is not cheap - you have to pay to play, 2) skirting the law/insurance is a bad decision (doesn't mean you can't do it because according to you that's what real men do. I'd like to think that's more of behaviours of man-childs), and 3) be prepared to deal with some serious consequences and don't say that you had not been warned.

I am not trying to come off as self-righteous and say that I hadn't broken any laws in the past. I'd gotten tickets and went thru due process. But this "cultural differences" or "North-American mentality" really bothers me when being used as an excuse, especially when he had been explained what is required.

/rant off. Mods, feel free to delete this post if my rant is out of line and off topic. Thanks.
I agree that you should do your best to fit in to the society in which you live and follow the rules. All I'm saying is that you have to take in the context from which op is posting and try to educate him instead of flame him like some others like to do.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

I agree that you should do your best to fit in to the society in which you live and follow the rules. All I'm saying is that you have to take in the context from which op is posting and try to educate him instead of flame him like some others like to do.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk
Be careful, don't make him fall from his high chair, his fall will be huge since he is so high up there lol. Talk about completely miss understanding anything of what we wrote, must be a second language thing

What does making excuses have to do with it? The guy was asking questions about how to go about business the way he's used to doing it at home. If he goes ahead with his ideas and then pretends it's OK since that's the way he did it back home, then THAT would be making excuses.

All this is, is a discussion. It's the main method foreigners can use to become familiar with their new home. There's no insta-Canuck procedure at the border. "Your signature here will turn you into a totally different person, effective immediately". It takes years, generations actually, to adapt to a new culture.

Those who think that pointing out his roots is an "excuse" rather than an explanation for why he proposed things that we find distasteful, are revealing their xenophobia.

Be careful, don't make him fall from his high chair, his fall will be huge since he is so high up there lol. Talk about completely miss understanding anything of what we wrote, must be a second language thing

Also a cultural difference thing.

Also a cultural difference thing.
Nope, can't use that, the environment where one grow up, got educated and lived during the forming years have nothing to do with the way one thinks or deals with certain situations.

:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom