I want to help the homeless | GTAMotorcycle.com

I want to help the homeless

max_power

I would like to help those in need by supplying them with food, drinks, etc in my spare time. I don't know Toronto too well. I asked a few of my friends and they keep telling me to go to downtown but they can't tell me where exactly. So which areas should I visit? I'm sure some areas are worst (or in this case better?) than others and would like to know which part of the city would be a good starting point.

If anyone is interested in giving a hand, it would be really cool feel free to inbox me. There will be no photos or videos taken just good intentions and fuzzy feelings. :)

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for posting that. I will look into volunteering but I would rather just go straight to the streets and help people out. If you know any area that you can recommend that would be really appreciated. Thanks again.

Queen and Sherbourne comes to mind. The park at the north/west corner is always a neat/interesting place to walk at night ;)

Thank you, Rob. I will have to have a look. Would like to go during the day time though, should be ok right? I can only do this on Sundays because it's my only day off.

Thanks for posting that. I will look into volunteering but I would rather just go straight to the streets and help people out. If you know any area that you can recommend that would be really appreciated. Thanks again.

It is a shelter so yes they have live in residents however they also have a soup kitchen(so homeless folks come and go daily) Drug counselling etc.If you were to say just show up their pryor to lunchtime their will be a lot of guys/gals just hanging around you could talk to...just a suggestion....

it's best to help through a center, if you give them the $ directly they'll just spend it on hookers and blow

Who wouldnt? ;)

Just bring soup :)

On a side note, I have a few regular dudes and their dogs I bring treats to when I visit queen west. I try not to give money, just little things that can actually help their day.

dog food or treats, cigarettes, maybe a beer or bottle of water when I can.

I know its not easy to get out of homelessness but I also have a hard time enabeling them with money. I know its not going to get them off the street so might as well just give them "things" rather than cash.

Last edited:
Like to help how does this work? Slingshot OK? How does that work with soup? Eats like a meal soup prolly work OK?

Jarvis and Schuter. Moss Park is a hang out, and the Sally Anne is just down the street.

Back
Top Bottom