I need help on an aftermarket exhaust | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

I need help on an aftermarket exhaust

You put back on the stock exhaust and the exhaust side is way more heavier? The bike was designed and balanced for the stock exhaust... it doesn't make any sense. With your logic you should have been tipping over on the other side when you had the aftermarket on...

You're telling your little story to experienced riders, of course they're going to give you some harmless "ribbing" so no need to get defensive. It sounds like you just need to work on your slow speed riding to be honest... It doesn't matter how strong you are, newer riders tend to have a harder time at slow speed maneuvers. Anybody can go fast, the bike wants to stay upright!

I actually have experience in this from just last night.

i have the Yoshimura SS slip on and I'm not a big or tall rider. I just bought my 250 and it came with it. I put the stock back on and was FLOORED by the immense weight gain on the stock. And I mean, I was literally almost floored, I almost tipped the bike over on the exhaust side because I wasn't ready for just how imbalanced the extra weight puts on the right side of the bike. It was one of those "omigod, omigod, I'm tipping, I'm gonna fall over, ohsh*****t *grunt grunt push push* OK phew I saved it" moments.

honestly, I don't like the noise from the yoshimura, I prefer something quieter, but I'll be keeping the aftermarket because of the weight savings and overall I find the bike just handles so much better with the smaller pipe compared to the stock beast. The reality is, motorcycles are already loud, I don't find the yoshimura to be that much louder - it is a little - but mostly it's the tonality of the sound that changes.

really, if you haven't had the chance to compare the both, you won't know, but once you do compare them In weight, you will see what I mean.

killerkeith

However, if your post is purely to be humourous, then I take no insult to your comment. I always welcome tasteful humour.

Everyone here welcomes tasteful humour. Unfortunately, only low brow and tasteless is offered.

Be prepared to be offended.....

Often!

Kidding.

Kinda

Not really.

Good luck.

@marktwothousand: I weighed my CBR250R's stock exhaust when I replaced it and it was exactly 15.4 lbs (see photo) and I even made a video of it. I would imagine it wouldn't make much of a difference considering the bike is 400 lbs. and has a low center of gravity. I haven't put it back on the bike yet, so I'm not saying I don't believe you. Personally, I always watch what I post here because it can get quite intimidating for me but fun at the same time.
17070467869_af916f7715.jpg

Save you money and use it to buy some better gear or put it away for a new bike. It will not help you go faster and will do absolutely nothing but take your money away. Putting a pipe on any street bike is basically a waste of money for the minimal or if any HP gains you will get that will not do squat on the street. If you are racing different story!

+1 invest in the future. But if you are really stuck on it, go for the one you like keeping in mind it won't pay back when you sell.

mark2k, want a heavy exhaust? Try my stock one...I can use it to weight train. This is GTAM, you need a thicker skin. I chuckled at your post too, but chalked it up to you being a new rider.

Last edited:
+1 invest in the future. But if you are really stuck on it, go for the one you like keeping in mind it won't pay back when you sell.

I do agree investing is a more sensible approach but the aftermarket exhaust is louder than the stock which I prefer because I would like to be heard in advance of car drivers to assure them there is a biker nearby. My starter I sold last year had a full Hindle exhaust and I quite enjoyed the performance of the bike and its sound.

I plan to have my current bike for a while so an affordable exhaust is manageable with the wallet.

Many thanks to all that kindly shared their opinion. I value it immensely.

louder pipes so the cars know your there? Loud pipes save lives! Oh Pumpkin...., you may be better at this trolling thing than the regulars in here,

louder pipes so the cars know your there? Loud pipes save lives! Oh Pumpkin...., you may be better at this trolling thing than the regulars in here,

Yep

@Motorchick, check out @BrownBrady's YouTube vids. He has one that installed the exhaust that he mentioned.

Back
Top Bottom