How Long Can Economic Reality Be Ignored? | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

How Long Can Economic Reality Be Ignored?

The question then becomes what can/did BC offer that Ontario cannot.

lower real estate costs once out of the Van / Delta area, much lower energy costs, lower business taxation rate, no carbon tax grab, easier to deal with permiting and annual inspection, cheaper insurance, and the icing on the cake, you go to the municipality where you are about to create 30-50-100? new jobs and say we can do this but we want incentives like no municipal tax for 5-7-9? years and you get the deal, that tax savings alone can finance the move.

The whole cheaper wages in Mexico is just a small part, there is a whole bunch more cash to be had relocating.

lower real estate costs once out of the Van / Delta area, much lower energy costs, lower business taxation rate, no carbon tax grab, easier to deal with permiting and annual inspection, cheaper insurance, and the icing on the cake, you go to the municipality where you are about to create 30-50-100? new jobs and say we can do this but we want incentives like no municipal tax for 5-7-9? years and you get the deal, that tax savings alone can finance the move.

The whole cheaper wages in Mexico is just a small part, there is a whole bunch more cash to be had relocating.

I didn't think municipalities could fudge tax rates to attract businesses. Not that there aren't ways around getting to the lower bottom line.

I didn't think municipalities could fudge tax rates to attract businesses. Not that there aren't ways around getting to the lower bottom line.

They are not "fudging" them. They are just offering them a tax deal. It's perfectly normal.

It was really a rhetorical question, but yes. Christy has done a brilliant job selling BC as somewhere that's open for business.

BC has the highest carbon tax in the country.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...-rejects-carbon-tax-increase/article31527620/

Yes and No. It is actual "Cap and Trade" it hammers polluters and allows green companies to trade credits so it actually encourages greenness while it punishes the bad people. I lived in BC for a long time and just came back.

Wynne on the other hand just has her hand in everyone's pockets. Under her "Cap and Trade" I pay the same if I'm pumping greenhouse gases out into the atmosphere month after month as the guy who have a very small carbon footprint. Tax grab?

Good on Christy though for pushing back. I didn't vote for her but I have to say she has really grown on me.

It was really a rhetorical question, but yes. Christy has done a brilliant job selling BC as somewhere that's open for business.

might as well be hogtown west, big dough, same stuff, gotta go back to basics like, king of obsolete

Last edited:
might as well be hogtown west, big dough, same stuff, gotta go back to basics like, king of obsolete

That does not not make sense.

Speaking of economic realities, anyone seen the latest numbers on Tardo's spendy budget? Worst numbers since the great depression they're saying. BTW, what has he done so far? Anything besides showing up at weddings with no shirt?

Speaking of economic realities, anyone seen the latest numbers on Tardo's spendy budget? Worst numbers since the great depression they're saying. BTW, what has he done so far? Anything besides showing up at weddings with no shirt?

Well Harper had the old record at $55.6B deficit in one year. Are you saying he is beating that?

Back
Top Bottom