How is this ok? | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

How is this ok?

Don't bother guys, this guy is either a troll or he's a moron.

There is a reason I feel safer racing against folks I know than doing a track day at a slower pace with unknown riders.

Who was the track day guy that got torpedoed a few yrs ago by a one time track day guy at TMP?

If you think TMP is going to spend cash to set-up safety barriers for you in that corner for a track day...good luck with that.

The point is that they should. Other, GOOD track day providers (as mentioned a few times earlier) do provide safety measures in impact zones. You should go to TMP and ride it, and see for yourself.

Instead of continuing with this pointless tit-for-tat, what can we do to get TMP to see the light and re-establish the barrier? Unlike some here who write off TMP entirely, I actually like the track and would love to see it remain available as a viable option for track day riders. As mentioned I already contacted them by email. I know that folks from Red Dawn and maybe GWB and Race for Sight are here on the forum. Shouldn't they be contacting TMP and expressing their concern?

I am really not that interested in reading more slagging of the facility by people who openly admit that they would never ride there anyway, hay bales or no hay bales. For those of us who actually use the track, what additional action can we take?

Why do you guys keep arguing with this guy? Twotons you are right, sorry to have bothered you. I'm out.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

I consider myself a crash authority and crash record holder, and as such I declare that crashing is possible even at track days

If you think TMP is going to spend cash to set-up safety barriers for you in that corner for a track day...good luck with that.

It would have cost them NOTHING except a little bit of time and effort to take the existing hay-bales, rough condition though they might be, and put them next to that wall.

I know that folks from Red Dawn and maybe GWB and Race for Sight are here on the forum. Shouldn't they be contacting TMP and expressing their concern?

I am really not that interested in reading more slagging of the facility by people who openly admit that they would never ride there anyway, hay bales or no hay bales. For those of us who actually use the track, what additional action can we take?

Contact the organization that you want to do the track-day with prior to signing up. Ask questions. Is there going to be an ambulance. Are there going to be hay bales next to that wall. Are there going to be corner workers and if so, how many. Get it in writing if possible. Sign up. On the day of, if they need help to move hay bales, offer assistance. If you bring non-riding friends or significant other to the track, encourage them to volunteer to be a corner worker. Be constructive wherever you can. On the other hand, if there are no hay-bales to be found, or there is no ambulance to be seen, get your money back. Money talks.

One of the organizations that you mentioned, is one that has seen criticism in the past, a couple of years ago. I don't know if they have improved. Ask the right questions. If track-day organizers see that they are losing customers because of safety-related matters and stand to gain customers if they improve ... money talks!

Instead of continuing with this pointless tit-for-tat, what can we do to get TMP to see the light and re-establish the barrier? Unlike some here who write off TMP entirely, I actually like the track and would love to see it remain available as a viable option for track day riders. As mentioned I already contacted them by email. I know that folks from Red Dawn and maybe GWB and Race for Sight are here on the forum. Shouldn't they be contacting TMP and expressing their concern?

Not sure what a bale costs today but I thnk Mosport if you work the Mosport feed backwards it's around $5 to rent so to buy,,Say a bale is $10 [think that's high] But you would need about 10 bags with 8 bales, so 80 bales ,,$10= $800. if you buy the bags SOAR used they are about $15-$20 say $200,,, $1000 and a bit of labour. Amortised over how mant track days,,,What would they do 20 track days,, that's $50 a track day. If they do more then that price comes down.
Option 'B" is to use the bags and fill them with empty water bottles. It won't deteriorate and you just pay for the bags. EVEN Less.

Last edited:
Why do you guys keep arguing with this guy? Twotons you are right, sorry to have bothered you. I'm out.

LOL... I can't even tell if you're serious or not any more. ;) He's right on what point? He's tried to make many. Definitely he's right about good luck getting TMP to care and spend money to improve the situation.

Given the video someone posted earlier in the thread, I am wondering if the bales were removed at the request of a group using the track for a car lapping day. It seems possibly non-trivial to move those things back and forth if that is indeed what is going on here. I'm not making excuses for anyone, just trying to speculate as to why it even happened.

It sure would be nice to have some actual information about this incident, rather than just a pile of ranting. Personally, if signing up for a TMP track day meant spending 30 minutes on the bale brigade in the morning, I'd be just fine with that. But moving a super-sack full of bales requires a fork lift or something, no?

Personally, if signing up for a TMP track day meant spending 30 minutes on the bale brigade in the morning, I'd be just fine with that. But moving a super-sack full of bales requires a fork lift or something, no?

They are straw bales anyway. Everyone calls them hay bales, but if they were hay they might as well be stone. Straw bales are much lighter than hay bales.

lots of good info here....tell me...what would be the implications of running this track in the opposite direction?....I think Ken mentioned that Soar did this at one time.

lots of good info here....tell me...what would be the implications of running this track in the opposite direction?....I think Ken mentioned that Soar did this at one time.

If you run it backwards without Ken there, you will have a lot of dead riders. Ken added a straw bale chicane about 3/4's down the straight to slow bikes down before the track entrance wall (the normal entrance).

Back
Top Bottom