Honda RC213V (S) | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Honda RC213V (S)

Just remember that Aprilia's WSBK and also their motor have been used in MotoGP. :)

I realize that .... but this is not about rational comparison ... this is about who can command more money ... bike with a Honda V4 racing engine or Aprilia V4 engine ... you know the answer to that, whether you like it or or not. I like myself the Aprilia brand ...

I realize that .... but this is not about rational comparison ... this is about who can command more money ... bike with a Honda V4 racing engine or Aprilia V4 engine ... you know the answer to that, whether you like it or or not. I like myself the Aprilia brand ...

This new Honda engine is unproven. It's never won anything. It will *not* be the GP engine. Last I checked, you can't run specialty racing fuel legally on the street.

On the other hand, it may have Honda's trick transmission in it, which is by all accounts, amazing. That said, Aprilia has an auto-blipper in the new RR and RF for downshifts so TAFB thinks it's still pretty cool. :D

I don't want to come off the wrong way, I expect Honda's bike to be incredible. I also expect it to be a poor value overall, interesting mostly to collectors.

EDIT: http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/bikes/honda-rc213v-s-prototype-up-close-photos/

I guess I'm not the only one.

Last edited:
This new Honda engine is unproven. It's never won anything. It will *not* be the GP engine. Last I checked, you can't run specialty racing fuel legally on the street.

I think we know it will not be the GP engine ... pound for pound, but you are convinced it will have zero DNA from it? I am not, especially if they will implement some version of their GP seamless gearbox ... If they throw in sleeved down VFR1200 they cannot ask 100K for it ... or can they? LOL

On the other hand, it may have Honda's trick transmission in it, which is by all accounts, amazing. That said, Aprilia has an auto-blipper in the new RR and RF for downshifts so TAFB thinks it's still pretty cool. :D

Not the same thing (price goes up) ... I can put auto-blipper on any modern sportbike.

I don't want to come off the wrong way, I expect Honda's bike to be incredible. I also expect it to be a poor value overall, interesting mostly to collectors.

Only time will tell whether they were a good investment or not to the people who could afford them.

Not the only one as far as what??

Not the same thing (price goes up) ... I can put auto-blipper on any modern sportbike.

Yeah, it was really more of a delivery vehicle for the TAFB pun.

Only time will tell whether they were a good investment or not to the people who could afford them.

Or if they ever will actually produce it. They surely picked a bad year. Think of the technology and performance this year brought! It's actually bizarre.

I really like this bike, or the idea of it. At that price though... and it's not available yet... it just seems.... underwhelming.

Last edited:
Or if they ever will actually produce it. They surely picked a bad year. Think of the technology and performance this year brought! It's actually bizarre.

I really like this bike, or the idea of it. At that price though... and it's not available yet... it just seems.... underwhelming.

Think of it like this. Someone I know has a countach. Incredible news? No. Now I'll tell you it's one of 5 ever made in his color scheme( can't recall if north america or worldwide). Just became exclusive right? Does it make it worth more than any other countach? To some absolutely. To others no.

That can be applied to a desmo, this Honda and anything else like it some want it and will pay for it and others won't. I don't think that makes it underwhelming. I just think it means it's not the most desirable to some. I don't think they picked a bad time but it should be available upon reveal.

...have they even confirmed that they're building it, for certain? What are the specs? When? These are the things that make it underwhelming for me, not the concept.

If they revealed that and didn't end up making it honda would be stupid. I can't see it. Agreed they should have had some details or at least a date.

...have they even confirmed that they're building it, for certain? What are the specs? When? These are the things that make it underwhelming for me, not the concept.

It's not like they are in a hurry to compete with someone for the same customers .... whenever and whatever price to be, they will sell.

This earlier posted link suggest that it might be built at some point ... http://www.morebikes.co.uk/exclusive-insider-knowledge-on-the-hand-built-honda-rc213v-s/

But you are right, that nothing concrete has been confirmed.

If they revealed that and didn't end up making it honda would be stupid. I can't see it. Agreed they should have had some details or at least a date.

not when they will only make a few -those will likely already be sold off. ie. don;t need marketing when you don't really plan to make money of the bikes and just use then for PR.
I have a sense the whole point of this is a quick response to the H2.

How is it killer looking? Squint, and it looks like every other sports bike. I'm sure its hella fast, but I don't get the aesthetic comments, its pretty conservative.

Also, that article indicated a price of 100,000 pounds, which is over $180K. For $180K, I'd rather shop around auction houses for cool sports bikes.

squint? what an ignorant statement. why would u be squinting while LOOKING at a bike lol....any bike will look the same if u squint. haha!

i dont know what your definition of conservative is but did you not notice those mag/fordged rims? the brembo brakes? the full ohlins suspeneion (worth $13,000), the ridiculously aggressive and thick swing arm? the huge radiators? the twin moto gp style exhaust? these are dead give aways of a serious machine. nothing conservative about this bike in my opinion. i guess u missed those details since u were squinting.

the whole bike looks like a straight up motogp bike lol.

Last edited:
squint? what an ignorant statement. why would u be squinting while LOOKING at a bike lol....any bike will look the same if u squint. haha!

i dont know what your definition of conservative is but did you not notice those mag/fordged rims? the brembo brakes? the full ohlins suspeneion (worth $13,000), the ridiculously aggressive and thick swing arm? the huge radiators?

So far you described several bikes in my garage. Just saying...

Bike looks great but as people have said the lack of specs, pricing, and availability leaves me wondering, and maybe thats the point? LOL

I dont even like Honda sport bikes generally, but Ive been thinking of buying a 2015 1000cc SS, I am really leaning towards the R1M. I mean Id love to have this Honda but if its going to be $100,000+ its like me looking at a Lamborghini, the closest Id get to it is a poster on my wall and maybe a die cast model of it...

So far you described several bikes in my garage. Just saying...

then i envy you and feel free to invite me over for a viewing of your garage! :)

Bike looks great but as people have said the lack of specs, pricing, and availability leaves me wondering, and maybe thats the point? LOL

I dont even like Honda sport bikes generally, but Ive been thinking of buying a 2015 1000cc SS, I am really leaning towards the R1M. I mean Id love to have this Honda but if its going to be $100,000+ its like me looking at a Lamborghini, the closest Id get to it is a poster on my wall and maybe a die cast model of it...

indeed. i wish they would make this as the new fireblade. or something similar to this. just anything with a 90 degree v4 in a SS please!

revive the rc30!

heheh :p

Last edited:
That front suspension is 13k, i looked into it lol. http://www.superbiketoystore.com/sp...Ohlins-FGR300-Superbike-Forks/prod_23449.html

p.s. where is the ram air, it looks like they put headlight where the ram air goes.

The forks you posted are not on this bike, you posted fluted tubed Ohlins which are more expensive. And even the Brembo calipers on it are not the $4000 each caliper models you would expect to see on a Motogp bike, they are OEM market cast Brembos that come on stock bikes like Ducati. So the components have the MotoGP look, but aren't quite the same equipment. Still really nice stuff, but not top top shelf by any means....Master also look to be cast version Brembos, again not top shelf Brembo at all

These are some of the things that make me really wonder how much they are going to ask for this bike, as it doesnt have as high end components as I was expecting from a street legal Motogp replica like Ive been hearing it being represented as.... I have more expensive Brembo calipers on my ZX6R, the rear caliper on that bike I get for $140. I have an $800 billet brembo rear on my track bike.....So yeah thats one of the cheapest Brembo calipers you can buy on this bike LOL

And if those components are being skimped out on, I highly doubt your actually going to see anything close to a real Motogp engine in the bike either

Last edited:
I think this is far prettier, aesthetically.
honda+CB+1100R+3.jpg

honda+CB+1100R+3.jpg

Awesome look and a nod to pragmatism. Endurance racing is a lot closer to street riding than superbike racing ever was. I could ride this all day and pretend I'm running (top 5) in the Bol d'or 24 hour.

honda+CB+1100R+3.jpg

Awesome look and a nod to pragmatism. Endurance racing is a lot closer to street riding than superbike racing ever was. I could ride this all day and pretend I'm running (top 5) in the Bol d'or 24 hour.

that bike is awesome, but far too exciting for the committee at Honda to approve.

On the other hand, Repsol colors are back on the 2015 CBR1000RR, too bad for fans of "white".

limited-edition-repsol-honda-cbr1000rr-announced-67179-7.jpg

Back
Top Bottom