HONDA CANADA Reserves Manufacturer Booth Space at the 36th Annual North American Inte | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

HONDA CANADA Reserves Manufacturer Booth Space at the 36th Annual North American Inte

Seriously I would ride hundreds of miles to attend some shows in England or take public transport or my car if necessary and if you think the entrance fees or parking are expensive here then don't ever leave Canada for Europe.

I know a lot of us are on a tight budget but my point is somethings are just worth paying for to support what you love if you want it to grow and prosper IMHO. If we lose the December show then what do we have.. we go back to just having the "SuperFleeMarketshow" next to the wedding show.

Last edited:
airport show has lots of free parking and is right off the 4-9/427

I give up. When we loose great events showcasing our lifestyle in a classy and positive light because we are too cheap to support it then we have no reason to complain. No I am nothing to do with the December show :)

I give up. When we loose great events showcasing our lifestyle in a classy and positive light because we are too cheap to support it then we have no reason to complain. No I am nothing to do with the December show :)

what are you "loosing" the event on? the event started when the manufacturers were unhappy with the january show.

for the past 3 years the show has been smaller and smaller, not just attendance but booths displaying, if the people displaying aren't willing to show up why should people bother to attend? It's not cheap to display there... a friend was telling me it's 25k to show up and they won't make that back at the show or from the show. they are there to sell product, not an alternative life style, but there's a few groups i know of that you could join if you're into that..

As for "showcasing our life style in a classy and positive light" wtf are you smoking. most riders are fair weather weekend riders. it's an occasional hobby. it's a trade show to advertise the latest wares from the manufacturers. what lifestyle? are you one of those people that think because you ride a motorcycle it makes you cool? my bike doesn't define me, it just happens to be something i enjoy doing.

Last edited:
Nice email... I've been riding for over 30 years and motorcycles have always been a part of my life from when I was old enough to grow hair. I've also invested hundred of dollars into the Canadian market starting up my own motorcycle accessories business so yes motorcycles are a lifestyle for me, if you knew anything about me as a lot of members on this site do you would know your ignorant comments are juvenile.

The manufacturer displays are not meant to make money off these shows it's called advertising in order to promote their products. Keep your stupid comments to yourself.

what are you "loosing" the event on? the event started when the manufacturers were unhappy with the january show.

for the past 3 years the show has been smaller and smaller, not just attendance but booths displaying, if the people displaying aren't willing to show up why should people bother to attend? It's not cheap to display there... a friend was telling me it's 25k to show up and they won't make that back at the show or from the show. they are there to sell product, not an alternative life style, but there's a few groups i know of that you could join if you're into that..

As for "showcasing our life style in a classy and positive light" wtf are you smoking. most riders are fair weather weekend riders. it's an occasional hobby. it's a trade show to advertise the latest wares from the manufacturers. what lifestyle? are you one of those people that think because you ride a motorcycle it makes you cool? my bike doesn't define me, it just happens to be something i enjoy doing.

Nice email... I've been riding for over 30 years and motorcycles have always been a part of my life from when I was old enough to grow hair. I've also invested hundred of dollars into the Canadian market starting up my own motorcycle accessories business so yes motorcycles are a lifestyle for me, if you knew anything about me as a lot of members on this site do you would know your ignorant comments are juvenile.

The manufacturer displays are not meant to make money off these shows it's called advertising in order to promote their products. Keep your stupid comments to yourself.

hundreds of dollars... far cry from $25,000 to attend one show that won't have the desired return on the investment... and that's for a smaller display area, i can just immagine what kawasaki and honda have to pay out. where's your booth at the show, I'll make a point of saying hi when i walk by.

if the investment isn't getting the return desired it's time to rethink that investment. and the january show is more of a "lifestyle" show than the december show, the december show is a trade show that is very sparten compared to the january show. people see more bang for their buck (there is more to see for less cost) at the january show, dealers are there selling the bikes that were on display at the december show...

as for keeping my comments to my self, last time i checked this is a discussion forum, don't want comments on your posts, don't put them out there.

I bought a foggy mask from topendz many moons ago at the dec show.

Lisa, I think the hundreds of dollars statement was just tongue in cheek.

Simon has the sexiest bottom in the Canadian motorcycle industry.

The same one that will get you to the airport show :).

So, the non existent one? How about the 401, without having to fight through Gardiner/Lakeshore traffic?

Seriously I would ride hundreds of miles to attend some shows in England or take public transport or my car if necessary and if you think the entrance fees or parking are expensive here then don't ever leave Canada for Europe.

I know a lot of us are on a tight budget but my point is somethings are just worth paying for to support what you love if you want it to grow and prosper IMHO. If we lose the December show then what do we have.. we go back to just having the "SuperFleeMarketshow" next to the wedding show.

Plenty of supplies, of excellent imported parts, have decided to stop attending the December show because of the cost of doing so, when weighed against the perceived gains. It's not zero sum, but rather well in the negative for these distributors. Some decided that given the cost of each show they would only attend one, December or January.

If you want to lose the 'flea market' then the solution is simple; buy out the whole hall. Put the manufacturers in a single hall, all to themselves. Put the knife and ostrich meat vendors in the other halls. it's like having two separate shows in one, massive venue.

Last edited:
I bought a foggy mask from topendz many moons ago at the dec show.

Lisa, I think the hundreds of dollars statement was just tongue in cheek.

Simon has the sexiest bottom in the Canadian motorcycle industry.

there's some tough competition for that, and i've used this
flogger_garmentcow.jpg
on a couple of them :)

If you want to lose the 'flea market' then the solution is simple; buy out the whole hall. Put the manufacturers in a single hall, all to themselves. Put the knife and ostrich meat vendors in the other halls. it's like having two separate shows in one, massive venue.

The was exactly the way it used to be. The manufacturers were all in the one big bright hall. There were separate halls for the Sham Wow, boot polish and jerky vendors, the specialty clubs, the vintage bikes and now they have the hall for all the tacky custom bikes. Something for everyone! If you didn't like anything, just stroll through at a brisk pace and avoid eye contact.

The was exactly the way it used to be. The manufacturers were all in the one big bright hall. There were separate halls for the Sham Wow, boot polish and jerky vendors, the specialty clubs, the vintage bikes and now they have the hall for all the tacky custom bikes. Something for everyone! If you didn't like anything, just stroll through at a brisk pace and avoid eye contact.

Shhhhhhhhh! I specifically didn't want to mention that little fact ;)

airport show has lots of free parking and is right off the 4-9/427

It's $20 extra to park at the Toronto show. I'm going with someone else so it is an extra $10 each. Big deal! I find it amazing that people will complain about spending $40 for a solid afternoon of entertainment.

Back
Top Bottom