Holy crap guys! | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Holy crap guys!

It happened in Europe, that in itself is enough.....Germany is not the only place that allows high speed on it's highways....

So, because it happened in Europe the driver should have telepathically known that the rider was coming up on him @ 240 before he even saw him and therefore should not have passed the slower moving vehicle?
The bike was in no way cut off as the car had plenty of room when they initiated the lane change based on the average speed of all other vehicles in that clip.

No matter what country you're in, and no matter what the speed limit is or isn't, if you're going to drive/ride at twice the average speed of travel you have to assume that everyone else on that road is making decisions based on the other vehicles travelling at the average speed of travel.

So, because it happened in Europe the driver should have telepathically known that the rider was coming up on him @ 240 before he even saw him and therefore should not have passed the slower moving vehicle?
The bike was in no way cut off as the car had plenty of room when they initiated the lane change based on the average speed of all other vehicles in that clip.

No matter what country you're in, and no matter what the speed limit is or isn't, if you're going to drive/ride at twice the average speed of travel you have to assume that everyone else on that road is making decisions based on the other vehicles travelling at the average speed of travel.

Do you know if you are in the left lane, and you see lights flash behind you (flick of the high beam) you will have about 2-3 seconds to get out the f'n way, because the guy that flashed you is coming up that fast......

so you better have your wits about you and you are paying attention.....

the guy who wanted to pass, should have sped up way sooner, not get a few feet behind the slower driver and then pull out to pass, it's typically not done in that way

take a drive on the freeways on a nice warm summer day,,,,,,guess what you will smell,,,,,,rubber.......

and just one more point.........

It shows the guy on the bike is not an idiot either and knows how to ride......

I was defending germany here but I probably should have added that the rider isnt the sharpest tool in the shed.

He assumed people would see him. He assumed people would judge his speed properly. He assumed he wouldn't get cut off. So at the end of the day he's still a dumb ass.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

WOW that is smart. I don't care what country you're in or what road you're on that's quite the numskull move. One has to use SOME common cense.

No, obviously the car driver couldn't have telepathically known the closing speed of the motorcycle.

He COULD have known the closing speed of the motorcycle if he had done what every single driver in the world is taught to do. Shoulder check, signal, SECOND SHOULDER CHECK, lane change.

Had the driver of the car done this, he would have had two points of reference on the distance of the bike and a know time differential between those points. That would easily allow any attentive driver to figure out "****, that guy is coming fast, better wait."

The bike was doing something dangerous, but that doesn't change the fact that the car would have been at fault for causing an accident.

Put it this way; let's say I'm riding down the street, I'm coming up to an intersection and I have a green light. Now let's say I go through the intersection popping a wheelie. But let's say the on the cross street, some ******* runs the red light and T-Bones me. Who's at fault ? Does me doing something stupid/illegal preclude him of being guilty of running a red ?

No, obviously the car driver couldn't have telepathically known the closing speed of the motorcycle.

He COULD have known the closing speed of the motorcycle if he had done what every single driver in the world is taught to do. Shoulder check, signal, SECOND SHOULDER CHECK, lane change.

Had the driver of the car done this, he would have had two points of reference on the distance of the bike and a know time differential between those points. That would easily allow any attentive driver to figure out "****, that guy is coming fast, better wait."

The bike was doing something dangerous, but that doesn't change the fact that the car would have been at fault for causing an accident.

Put it this way; let's say I'm riding down the street, I'm coming up to an intersection and I have a green light. Now let's say I go through the intersection popping a wheelie. But let's say the on the cross street, some ******* runs the red light and T-Bones me. Who's at fault ? Does me doing something stupid/illegal preclude him of being guilty of running a red ?

Okay,
I'm not addressing the first part dr physics. I stand by my point and I'm not remaking it for the third time.

As for your theory about fault, you need to be more specific. Are you talking about the Ontario fault determination rules as set out by the Ontario insurance act? You used an example where you are the rider. So...based on Ontario FDRs the rider is 100% at fault had there been an accident as he rear ended a vehicle established in a lane.

No to address your example directly....that's completely apples and oranges and has no bearing on this conversation. But yes....breaking the law can affect fault in an accident.

Okay,
I'm not addressing the first part dr physics. I stand by my point and I'm not remaking it for the third time.

Well, your point is wrong. We all have our own opinions, but opinions don't change fact. Fact is everyone is taught the same thing; look, signal, look, change. Situations like this are the reason that is important enough to warrant being taught to new drivers. If you look and see a headlight at least 400 feet behind you, and one second later when you look again that same headlight is now 200 feet behind, you can be pretty certain that in another second, whatever that headlight is attached to is going to be right next to you. THAT is the reason we are taught to look twice. You can choose to not address it, you can ignore it and call me "dr. physics"; but fact is fact

As for your theory about fault, you need to be more specific. Are you talking about the Ontario fault determination rules as set out by the Ontario insurance act? You used an example where you are the rider. So...based on Ontario FDRs the rider is 100% at fault had there been an accident as he rear ended a vehicle established in a lane.

Nobody has brought up Ontario's FDR; mostly we're shooting the breeze about a video and I took fault to mean our opinion of fault. If you want to bring law into though, we can do that. This is not a simple case of one vehicle rear ending another vehicle in an established lane. This is a case where an accident was (nearly) caused by a vehicle overtaking another; luckily for us, the Ontario HTA has something very specific in it about just these circumstances:

Passing vehicle going in same direction
( No person in charge of a vehicle shall pass or attempt to pass another vehicle going in the same direction on a highway unless the roadway,
(a) in front of and to the left of the vehicle to be passed is safely free from approaching traffic; and
(b) to the left of the vehicle passing or attempting to pass is safely free from overtaking traffic. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 148 (.

Obviously, as we can see from the video, the roadway to the left of the vehicle being passed was NOT free of approaching traffic; So, yes, according to Ontario law, the vehicle overtaking was breaking the law and probably at legal "fault" while simultaneously being an enormous *********.

No to address your example directly....that's completely apples and oranges and has no bearing on this conversation.

Actually, no. My example is a perfect analogy. In the video and in my example, the bikes are both breaking the law in their actions. Both in the video (nearly) and in my example the accident would have been cause by the illegal actions of those driving the car. Yes, the bikes were also violating the law, but in no way the the bike's actions cause the hypothetical incidents we're discussing.

But yes....breaking the law can affect fault in an accident.

Yeah, well I can't argue with you on that one. Doesn't mean that it's right though. Either way, I stand by my opinion that although the biker is an idiot with mad braking skills, the real ********* in that video is the driver of the car.

Well you know what they say about opinions.
HTA doesn't determine fault. FDRs do. And it is that simple. Section 6(2).

Your opinion of who's at fault is your own. But it's wrong.

improper lane change by the car.....?

I don't see any turn signals come on, both when he goes to the left and back into the right.....

and I will assume the car driver also knew he screwed up, the second he realized what was going on and what happened he was in the right lane....

just a thought....

the video from I can and can't see doesn't show me if there is a turn signal on or not....

Well for fault determination turn signals don't matter either.

The 'I ride and he rides' blinders on some people is unreal lol.

I've never worked in Europe, but in every single jurisdiction in Canada and every US
state I've ever worked in, that rider is 100% at fault. Hands down, game over.

I find it hard to believe that whatever country this took place in would be any different.

Hey, I'm not saying that it'll get you out of a ticket, but it won't save you from being held at fault.

Hey, I'm not saying that it'll get you out of a ticket, but it won't save you from being held at fault.

Looking in your mirror well driving is really hard right? Forget the shoulder check....all it would have taken was a quick glimpse to see the rider.

Back
Top Bottom