High beam all the time? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

High beam all the time?

When do you use High Beam?

• Total voters
New to the Internet? ;)

Planet. While I see your point... I'm new to reading this thread and was surprised that some people consider a headlight low beam because of what's written on the switch. If it is improperly aimed it could be a high beam light. Someone reading through this thread in the future, still may find this helpful.

Cheers.

Yes, high beams ON in the daytime.
You're not going to 'blind' anybody on a bright sunny day!
Of course, never high beam after dark unless the roadway is entirely yours. Goes without saying.
Also dim, grey days under a stormy sky, high beams might be a bit much in heavy traffic, in town etc.
Likewise, HIDs in town might be too much on high (as mentioned). In bumper-to-bumper traffic, never really required...
You've gotta be a bit malleable, and aware. Feel free to actually improvise, day to day!
But for most riders with one headlight, and clear blue skies - do yourself a favour, especially on fast-flowing boulevards when you're not roasting a guy right in front of you like a TV studio, heheh.
High beam in the daytime has served me well for ~40 years now.

Planet. While I see your point... I'm new to reading this thread and was surprised that some people consider a headlight low beam because of what's written on the switch. If it is improperly aimed it could be a high beam light. Someone reading through this thread in the future, still may find this helpful.
Cheers.
The character of the two beams is entirely different...
'Low' beams are engineered with a distinct cutout to the upper-left of their flood, shielding any oncoming traffic.
High (or full) beam does not.

The only reason a Low beam is called a low beam is because it is aimed low. If you raise it to aim it higher, it becomes a high beam. I believe that is what he is ****** at.
You know, I could have used the help 4 YEARS AGO!!!! lol

Pretty sure they settled the argument. I mean it was 4 years ago.
no, he is still an ******* :)

This poll doesn't include KC Hilites 130W Slimlite spotlight aimed at the middle distance. Dafuq?

Just like a lot of things,it takes common sense.High beams on my old 2002 Ducati SS was mandatory.A handful of tealites had more power.Same for my Hypermotard.My 1800 Goldwing is a totally different story.I lower the lowbeams (electrically adjustable on the go) in hwy traffic a bit.The highbeams brings all 4 headlites in and my lower foglamps which are on all the time.

Back
Top Bottom