Hey cruisers, why dont u wave at my sportbike? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Hey cruisers, why dont u wave at my sportbike?

Don't take it personal, because of arthritis their hands are taped onto handle bars :D

Waving is overrated. Just say "no" to waving!

+1. Always felt silly to wave to a perfect stranger just because they are in a similar vehicle. Then bought a Jeep and cemented that thought.

If Jeep ever made a motorcycle, you'd be SO busy waving.

It used to be cool to wave, then it became uncool to wave, but I even wave at kids on tricycles. Circle of life.

and scooter riders??? LOL

Waved at a scooter rider diagonally across at an intersection years back just to see if he would wave back...he stomped his feet down and gave me the biggest Nazi salute...I almost fell off my bike laughing!!!

While I am not that excited by the whole waving thing. I tend to wave back to anyone that waves to me 1st.

But I will normally stop and high 5 anyone on an E-Bike wearing no helmet, flip flops and carrying a six pack while smoking !!

Waving to other motorcyclists was, or perhaps still is, an acknowledgement of a shared experience. Now, that was certainly true many years ago, when, it seems, there were fewer motorcyclists on the roads. Taking a ride on a sunny Sunday afternoon nowadays, means you're constantly waving at every Tom, Dick and Harriet on two, or three wheels.

It was many, many years ago, when I rode on the other side of the pond, but I don't recall everyone waving at each other back then.

I like to wave at the little kids, who stand at the side of the road pointing at the bike as I ride by, you know the ones.

I wave at everyone.. I dont know why. I just like seeing other bikes on the road.
Most of the older folk on cruisers dont wave back at me either.. and I ride a cruiser.

Awwww muffins :cool:
wave_2239904b.jpg

I usually try my best to wave at everyone whether I'm on my SS or cruiser. The only time I don't wave is if I'm too focused on the road or I noticed you too late :p

I paid extra for a slow HD simply for the rep that I don't have to wave. And dress like a pirate!

It's July, I suppose we were due for a wave thread?

Going to look for an oil thread, or mileage, or when do I put the bike away thread.

Carry on.

No homo, and no wave.

Was wondering when the "Why didn't they wave?" thread was going to pop up this year....

Should be a few more popping up before the Summer ends...

I ride a HD Fat Boy and I always flash a peace sign to anyone on 2-3 wheels. Sport bikes rarely gesture back though. Likely because they're too shocked to see it coming from a cruiser. Ride in the east end - we're friendly over here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who cares. Ppl wave for that split second to be nice and demonstrate camraderie, then turn back into ********** and continue riding on the shoulder or cutting ppl off.

Half of the time I wave. I can actually uncurl the fossilized knuckles to do it. A lot of people don't wave back no more. Bike culture has and will continue to change in all regions.

Now as far as trying to act like I'm in SOA or something, no...I just am told I have a natural scowl but I really like sunny days and warm hugs (don't touch me lol). Some play dress up. I just like black and denim. Always have.

If you wave I'll wave back.

Sometimes, I pick the biggest, baddest Harley dude and as he passes me, at the last second, I break my natural scowl, smile a really wide toothy prince Akeem (google) grin, put up my hand and wave vigorously side to side.

Sometimes, I pick the biggest, baddest Harley dude and as he passes me, at the last second, I break my natural scowl, smile a really wide toothy prince Akeem (google) grin, put up my hand and wave vigorously side to side.

Gotta like this type of waver. Too cool for school!

+1. Always felt silly to wave to a perfect stranger just because they are in a similar vehicle. Then bought a Jeep and cemented that thought.

Don't forget the Focus ST and Fiesta ST guys. We are a rare bunch lol, not just jeeps wave to eachother.

Used to get waves from nearly every HD/cruiser until I started wearing this vintage lucky strike jacket.

Now it's 1 in 3 maybe. Who knew smoking paraphernalia wouldn't cool with the burger bike crowd? I haven't touched one for years if that makes it better?

Last edited:
Surprised no one posted this one yet:

TOP 10 REASONS WHY HARLEY RIDERS DON’T WAVE BACK:

10. Afraid it will invalidate warranty.
9. Leather and studs make it too heavy to raise arm.
8. Refuse to wave to anyone whose bike is already paid for.
7. Afraid to let go of handlebars because they might vibrate off.
6. Rushing wind would blow scabs off the new tattoos.
5. Angry because just took out second mortgage to pay luxury tax on new Harley.
4. Just discovered that fine print in owner’s manual and realized that H-D is partially owned by Honda.
3. Can’t tell if other riders are waving or just reaching to cover their ears like everyone else.
2. Remembers the last time a Harley rider waved back, he impaled his hand on helmet spike.
1. They’re too tired from spending hours polishing all that chrome to lift their arms.

TOP TEN REASONS WHY GOLDWING RIDERS DON’T WAVE BACK:

10. Wasn’t sure whether other riders was waving or making an obscene gesture.
9. Afraid might get frostbite if hand is removed from heated grip.
8. Has arthritis and the past 400 miles have made it difficult to raise arm.
7. Reflection from etched windshield momentarily blinded him.
6. The espresso machine just finished.
5. Was actually asleep when other rider waved.
4. Was in a three-way conference call with stockbroker and accessories dealer.
3. Was distracted by odd shaped blip on radar screen.
2. Was simultaneously adjusting the air suspension, seat height, programmable CD player, seat temperature, and satellite navigation system.
1. Couldn’t find the “auto wave back” button on dashboard.

TOP 10 REASONS CROTCHROCKETS DON’T WAVE BACK:

10. They have not been riding long enough to know they’re supposed to.
9. They’re going too fast to have enough time to register the movement and respond.
8. You weren’t wearing bright enough gear.
7. If they stick their arm out going that fast, they’ll rip it out of the socket.
6. They’re too occupied with trying to get rid of chicken strips.
5. They look way too cool with both hands on the bars or they don’t want to unbalance themselves while standing on the tank.
4. Their skin tight-kevlar-ballistic-nylon-kangaroo-leather suits prevent any position other than fetal.
3. Raising an arm allows bugs into the armholes of their tank tops.
2. It’s too hard to do one-handed stoppies.
1. They were too busy slipping their flip-flops back on.

TOP 10 REASONS WHY BMW RIDERS DON’T WAVE BACK:

10. New Aerostitch suit too stiff to raise arm.
9. Removing a hand from the bars is considered “bad form”.
8. Your bike isn’t weird enough looking to justify acknowledgement.
7. Too sore from an 800-mile day ride on a stock “comfort” seat.
6. Too busy programming the GPS, monitoring radar, listening to Ipod, XM, or talking on the cell phone.
5. I'm an Iron Butt rider and you’re not!
4. Wires from Gerbings are too short.
3. You’re not riding the “right kind” of BMW.
2. You haven’t been properly introduced.
1. Afraid it will be misinterpreted as a friendly gesture.

Back
Top Bottom