Here’s Why Riding Motorcycles Makes You a Better Driver | GTAMotorcycle.com

Here’s Why Riding Motorcycles Makes You a Better Driver

Interesting article, good read.

i mean you develop some kind of 6th sense that can't be learned while being protected by all the car paraphernalia. You are isolated from the fact that you're going at speeds that a human shouldn't be going at which hinders the danger sense that you SHOULD be having even in a car going those speeds.
and looking ahead / where you want to go is also a matter of survival as target fixation will get you at any 30kph on ramp you take aggressively lol

it gets annoying when i'm a passenger because i inadvertently do shoulder checks when the driver changes lanes..not because i dont trust them...it's just a reflex.

with how crazy our roads are i DONT KNOW whether ill want kiddos to ride motorcycles on street... but i definitely like the idea

Haha. Putting everyone on a street bike before they get their G would clean up a lot of things. Unfortunately most of the positive effect would be so many people crashing and unable to get a license. Healtcare system would be overwhelmed by Brampton residents trying to get their licenses.

Last edited:
Haha. Putting everyone on a street bike before they get their G would clean up a lot of things. Unfortunately most of the positive effect would be so many people crashing and unable to get a license. Healtchcare system would be overwhelmed by Brampton residents trying to get their licenses.
well funny enough... a lot of folks there used to ride motorbikes "back home"

buddy at work (never would've imagined it) was a track enthusiast where he and his buddies would rent out the track all the time
and i mean every single time i come in with my helmet the stories come out left right and center with my coworkers who don't ride anymore up here but used to ride sub400cc all the time.
Love the stories and makes me appreciate the bike culture even more

Riding a 100 cc bike in a crowd at 20 km/h is a far different set of skills than navigating huge roads with closing speeds often well over 120 km/h.
I don't disagree. I mean we've seen delivery bicycles on the highway as of late so 100cc wouldnt phase me 🙃

Haha. Putting everyone on a street bike before they get their G would clean up a lot of things. Unfortunately most of the positive effect would be so many people crashing and unable to get a license. Healtcare system would be overwhelmed by Brampton residents trying to get their licenses.
That's the thing about populous countries like India, the Philippines etc., everyone rides a two-wheeler for a good amount of time before they can afford a car and start driving it. 6th sense or not, one would be amazed how close the cut in with other vehicles on the road and be calm about it.

Be good if people learned to drive a truck and a bus as well.

Back
Top Bottom