Help needed. | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Help needed.

That bike is not worth 1900. The amount you'll spend fixing it will easily add up to more than finding one that hasn't been crashed.
try seeing how much a used motor or a front wheel or rad is going for...you will be shocked

A complete and good condition 03 04 636 could be had for under 3 grand probably...this is a losing proposition. and with all due respect, if you need someone to help you look at it, buying a crashed bike is not a good idea
Im not planning to make it shiny again, ill just play with it slowly as the budget permits. As of now that price is affordable.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Whenever I see an ad worded in this manor I hit the browser back button quickly, and repeatedly. No matter how good the deal seems, it's usually a good indication they're hiding more details. FYI, this is NOT a good deal
the guy actually need money for mothers day. i dont really care but i think the value is dependent on how comfortable i am or my wallet.

OP If you need someone to assist in looking this bike over with you, then it likely isn't the right fit for you. I agree the price is not a great deal considering the price of parts, (my cruisers tank is just over $1,000 alone), if you want the bike to again look pristine. Look at other ZX-6R's that are reasonable priced and of course despite what the ad says pre 2015 ZX-6R are 600 CC bikes, in 2015 they increased to 636. Also check insurance rates first, with some companies there can be a considerable difference between a 600 and a 636.

Ad says if it isn't sold by tomorrow he is keeping the bike. Let him deal with the damage.
Im an electrician and i am comfortable using my hands mechanically as well. I just needed someone to have another set of eyes. I actually went there with my little bro but i did all the checking and talking. I know my negotiation skill is below average thats why experienced set of eyes might help.

The seller has 3 bikes in his garage and 3 cars on driveway. Cool guy. i think he is into buying and selling, he just needed cash asap.

Im not planning to use it on street. Ill just use it in parking lot with other gymkhana guys.

I think this is a good buy for me, i dont see any trouble besides right rear set and some scratches which dont bother me. Clean title. Theres no problem with the engine. Its running smooth and sound.

Ill probably get handle bar riser for it.

I paid 1800 delivered to my garage.

I know some of u might think i paid 100000 times over price but i dont see it that way. I think im going to have a good time playing with it mechanically. I dont want to spend 4000 to 6000 on a rideable shinny bike just to damage most of the part and replace them.

Last edited:
This is a classic case of being too cheap for your own good. Save up a bit more and buy a bike, or be more modest and buy a bike with what you have.. You can get other model bikes that are not "636" and in good condition and not crashed. I hope you are not shopping for your first bike.

I thought the gymkhana organizations required street legal bikes? Safety on this will draw a hard look from a mechanic.

This model yr was actually 636cc and i plan on using it for gymkhana. 03/04 is popular in stunters for their high torque

yea...I don't think high torque is best for gymkhana. I've seen it live and torquey bike coming out of those figure 8's is probably not going to do you much good.

If you just wanted something to play around with and do low speed nimble stuff with your budget I don't see why you're not looking a good condition intact 250.

Back
Top Bottom