Helmet Rental for MSF course? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Helmet Rental for MSF course?

I was being facetious, wow you guys take things way too seriously. Yes I took the course a few years back now, but I don't remember being able to even get into 3rd gear on small displacement bikes.
How fast will a 250 go in second gear?
It's serious business if someone runs into a wall, other student, or instructor in high second gear.

Although I tend to believe that a helmet without some weight in it, i.e. a head, falling is usually going to have cosmetic damage, and the liner will remain intact.

How fast will a 250 go in second gear?

A lot of courses use 125cc bikes nowadays as their main stay fyi.
You can get a Grom or a CBR125 into 3rd quite easily, albeit a short shift in most of the training lots.

A lot of courses use 125cc bikes nowadays as their main stay fyi.
You can get a Grom or a CBR125 into 3rd quite easily, albeit a short shift in most of the training lots.

I rode a Vstar 250 for my MSC. I had it up up into 5th a few times while going from one end of the range to the other during some exercises. Others in my situation (having tons of past experience but starting out again because of expired licences in their past) had lots of the bikes up into 3rd, 4th, and 5th territory.

It was quite easy on day 2 once you were told to start stretching your legs. Some who clearly couldn't handle it were told to slow down, but I'm fairly sure the instructors could tell those with previous experience and they didn't say anything to me at least. One did comment that my downshift rev matching was impressive, though...

Back
Top Bottom