Hello from Scarborough. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Hello from Scarborough.

Been a rider for last few years. Got my M2 in September of 2018. Got my first bike in summer of 2021. Honda Rebel 500. Going for my M2 Exit/M test in couple of weeks at the Toronto Metro East test centre. Any advice or sharing of experience at that test centre would be greatly appreciate.

Contact @mimico_polak stat!
Just kidding. Welcome aboard. Expect a few MC instructors to chime in shortly.

Welcome. If we're talking about one near Lawrence and Victoria Park, I had taken my M2 exit there, and failed. Totally my fault. It's an easy route, I rode around the area couple of times so I know the place pretty well. You should be good.

Welcome, also in da hood!
I did my test in Peterborough. Didn't want to deal with traffic around here..

There is a M2X checklist somewhere here that you can refer to.

Big tip - head on a swivel; exaggerated head movements to view mirrors and intersections

Thanks a lot for chiming in. I found the checklist here in another post. @voyageur yes its the one at 1448 Lawrence Ave. E in Victoria Plaza. So do you remember the route? Haven't been on that side of the town recently. I know DVP is nearby so I am guessing at some point they'll make me go to DVP from Lawrence ave. In another post, I hear people complain about the communication device. How was the device at this location?

Hey, it's the same route as G test. Check out the link below.

The only difference is that they may ask you to take a left on any side road on Underhill. The route is pretty chill. The device I got was not bad, in fact it was great. After I failed, due to lack of test dates, I had to book the next time at Oshawa and the comms device there was terrible. All the best!

When I did my test they give you a brief description of the route just before heading out. This was helpful as the comms for me were not the best. I was on a harley and with a half helmet, which they told me I might have difficulty hearing their instructions. It was true, part way I totally couldn't really hear what they wanted me to do, but those instruction before hand helped.
BTW they do have a hand signal if you need them to repeat anything.

Welcome to GTAM and best of luck for your upcoming test!

Just came back from the drive test. I passed.....hooorraay. But it was a terrible day. My test was at 2:30P and it started raining around 2P. The examiners came out around 2:40. By the time I was on DVP it was literally pouring. Due to heavy rain I could not see much through my helmet plus in the inside it was getting foggy. It was a terrible experience. By the time I was back at the test centre I was completely wet my ankle boot weighed like 10 times. But good thing is I passed. The examiner told me to stay in the tire tracking on lawrence. On my way back it was so much rain that the tire trackings due to their lowered dip, it was full of water, so I was riding little towards the centre to avoid the water splashing. Anyways, thanks guys. The route was pretty much the same as mentioned by @voyageur. I will post a route map here soon with details.

Man.. i wish i timed it just right so I can get my M this year... but I got my M2 in Jun, 2022.. so my 18 months lies in Dec, 2023... I will have to do mine next spring... bummer.

Man.. i wish i timed it just right so I can get my M this year... but I got my M2 in Jun, 2022.. so my 18 months lies in Dec, 2023... I will have to do mine next spring... bummer.
This is actually good timing. If you take the course to move to full M, it is a great spring refresher to start out the riding season.

The only benefit to moving to a full M is it does not time out like the M2. There are no restrictions with an M2 license and there is unfortunately no insurance break at full M.

This is actually good timing. If you take the course to move to full M, it is a great spring refresher to start out the riding season.

The only benefit to moving to a full M is it does not time out like the M2. There are no restrictions with an M2 license and there is unfortunately no insurance break at full M.
Yeah. I just don’t like things to timeout. Lol. And may be OCD it’s just feels not complete if I only got my M2. Lol.

Back
Top Bottom