Heated socks recommendations? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Heated socks recommendations?

Re: Hated socks recommendations?

I dont hate socks, but have found that heated insoles in my boots do quite well. I have a paid from Gears, work well, only the bottoms of my feet were getting cold before getting them, now no probs, right to freezing temps.

Batt powered? Want them for commuting. Found Mark's has some for $22 that are 9V batt. Anyone ever use them?

CDN Tire also has rechargable heated insoles but they are a bit pricey, (I think they were about $100). I used them twice last year, (not for riding but for being on foot in the woods all day in winter temps), and my feet stayed nice and warm. It is amaxing how just heating the soles radiates to the rest of the foot).

Man, I could of used something for my feet on my 80km commute this morning. I saw some insoles at Mark's as well the other day ,but I think they were $160ish. I have touring style Daytona boots with no insulation so in my case a warmer boot will help a lot...

The difference is walking around your feet generate some heat via movement, but on the bike not so much.

They're not heated but there is a noticeable difference when I use rain covers on my boots.

Batt powered? Want them for commuting. Found Mark's has some for $22 that are 9V batt. Anyone ever use them?
The ones I have are 12V plugin. I run heated gloves and jacket as well, battery powered just won't last long enough for a bigger ride.

I have also found that the rain covers really help keep the boots warmer which in turn makes for warmer feet.

For heated socks I like my Powerlet 12v socks. They are thin like a pair of dress socks and get so hot that I the coldest days I still have them at 50% or less. Battery powered is great for portability but sucks when out on longer rides or when the batteries are dead and you need them to work. Heated socks rule.

Jimmy at Velocity or Fireup has them. Not sure of the cost.

I hate argyle socks.

try merino wool, and be careful, there are some labeled merino that are only 35% merino. Get a high wool content and try that first.

I suffer from sweaty feet, then they get cold. Merino wool , which I wear exclusively , even dress socks changed my world.

I used to hate socks... then I found Calvin Klein

try merino wool, and be careful, there are some labeled merino that are only 35% merino. Get a high wool content and try that first.

I suffer from sweaty feet, then they get cold. Merino wool , which I wear exclusively , even dress socks changed my world.

I have a lot of Merino wool socks and wear them everyday but even my thicker ones don't cut it when it's around freezing. If I get warmer boots and the Merino socks I think I would be fine.

Edited your title for you Riceburner.Lol.

I used the older version of these with D cells in..bulky as heck but worked really well.

Back
Top Bottom