HDMI out to 50" TV | GTAMotorcycle.com

HDMI out to 50" TV

estone

Site Supporter
I have a 1080p 50" Samsung plasma I got a few years ago (going on 5). Yesterday plugged in a laptop to it for the first time (no more cable tv for me) via an HDMI cable. And I had the following issues:

1. Full screen on the TV was not filled (black frame around)
2. There is lag when controlling through my wireless mouse, some lag when accessing videos off the HD.

So is it a vid card issue? HDMI cable issue? The laptop is only a year old, but by no means a junker (i5 processor, not sure about vid card).

When I go into display settings on the computer, I can get the full screen to come up on the TV, but only if I choose non HD as my option.

Any suggestions?

Double-check that your output settings to TV are correct (1080p/60Hz). If you have on-board video card, lag may and will be caused by that video card. What OS are you running?

check the settings of your video drivers to make sure there isn't any scaling involved and make sure you have the native resolution set up on the pc for the tv. In this case it should be 1920x1080 (1080p)

Sounds like all issues with the TV. The lag could be post-processing the TV is doing (pretty common) but usually you can turn it off ... and the HDMI thing may or may not be correctable. N3WMAN is in the ballpark.

You may need to scale it to fit from the computer (usually your cards program, nVidia or ATI catalyst control center) if N3WMANs method doesnt work

Wrong resolution. No idea about the lagging issue because none of my laptops do it. Even the several year old ones that just have crap Intel built in video card. Mirroring the displays also works fine for me since all my machines support 1080p or higher native resolution on their displays.

I know my TV has some post processing options I've never played with that it says can cause delays.

To close this one off, it was a scaling issue. There is an option in the vid card that scales the screen size, regardless of the resolution you ant output (in my case 1920x1080). Accessing it is a ***** with the ATI interface.

Back
Top Bottom