Hamilton Area Group Rides 2011! | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Hamilton Area Group Rides 2011!

There've been a few times in the past couple summers where I have done single day runs.....but I often get complaints from fellow riders, as most have a really tough time knocking off 1000+ kms in a day,LOL....And for some reason, guys don't like riding till midnight on Sunday when they have to work Monday am

Last edited:
There've been a few times in the past couple summers where I have done single day runs.....but I often get complaints from fellow riders, as most have a really tough time knocking off 1000+ kms in a day,LOL....And for some reason, guys don't like riding till midnight on Sunday when they have to work Monday am

The key is to start early. Real early. I went on a group ride to the Muskoka's last year, but the meet up point was at 11am?? Needless to say, we didn't get as much riding as we would have liked, but we still did 800kms.

The key is to start early. Real early. I went on a group ride to the Muskoka's last year, but the meet up point was at 11am?? Needless to say, we didn't get as much riding as we would have liked, but we still did 800kms.
When we did our Aminal & Fozzy run last year we started at 7:30am to do a nice ride before meeting up at Elmvale Zoo. Needless to say, everyone ******* about starting so early but werent complaining by the time they go to the zoo because of how good the ride was.

Tuesdays should work for me. Looking forward to meeting some people iv been on acouple group rides over the years with GTAM but never every week and iv ran a couple of the rides in hamilton on the CBR125r forums.

I find, if organizing rides to NY or PA, the best meetu spot is the rest stop on the QEW southbound in Grimsby at Casablanca Rd. Everyone can fuel up, take a leak, grab a coffee there-whatever. And a full tank from there will get you as far as Ellicottville on just about any bike. Trying to get a rider from Toronto to meet you at Casablanca for 7:30am is next to impossible. Especially if th emorning is chilly, you hear all kinds of gripes, or get texts as you are standing there in Casablanca parking lot, saying they haven't left Toronto yet cuz it's not 15 degress celsius yet,LOL

I might be up for a day run to NY/PA this year.

- I don't mind 1000km days. (I do it for Killarney, I can do it for PA).
- I am fine with riding in +4C and up temps.
- I am fine with early am starts.
- I don't ride like a total ******.
- I have a valid passport.

I do ride on the slow side (+20km) and closer to the limit in NY, I ride my own pace & am fine with riding a little behind. I can catch up if I know the route or stops ahead of time.

Hey Guys...

I may tag along on a few rides with you guys. It's been a couple years since I've been on a bike but hopefully that will change soon.

I'm out.

After dragging so many bikes from ditches early last season, I'm still putting ice on the hernia.

You get out there early this yr and weed out the ditch dwellers, and give me a holla when it's safe to return.

I'll expect to hear from you mid, to late August :)

LOL.... thought of this post today.

I was cagin' home from a job in Dundas, and heard a sportbike zoomin up Syndenham road. Didn't see him, but heard him. Minutes later, where Sydenham and Rock Chapel meet (sharp curve), I see the tell tale skidmark leading right into the ditch, and the poor rider just finished rolling his bike out, body and bike covered in mud. I checked on him and he was ok.

Where was Gary when we needed him? lol.

EDIT : Mike666 it looked very much like a "2009 Honda CBR600RRA - Graphite Black/Heavy Grey Metallic". Was this you?

Last edited:
^^^ Ouch! Hope it wasn't him, then again not many of those models/colors around here I think. Anyways who's up for Thurs nite? 5pm ish, either up Campbvlle or Ridge. Wanna be home by dark (9pm).

LOL.... thought of this post today.

I was cagin' home from a job in Dundas, and heard a sportbike zoomin up Syndenham road. Didn't see him, but heard him. Minutes later, where Sydenham and Rock Chapel meet (sharp curve), I see the tell tale skidmark leading right into the ditch, and the poor rider just finished rolling his bike out, body and bike covered in mud. I checked on him and he was ok.

Where was Gary when we needed him? lol.

EDIT : Mike666 it looked very much like a "2009 Honda CBR600RRA - Graphite Black/Heavy Grey Metallic". Was this you?

No, thankfully. I'm still waiting for my damn bike from the dealership. I just bought it last week. Apparently there is a recall on that model for one of the headlight lenses. ARGH, i hate back orders.

No, thankfully. I'm still waiting for my damn bike from the dealership. I just bought it last week. Apparently there is a recall on that model for one of the headlight lenses. ARGH, i hate back orders.

You're going to hate earthquakes and tsunamis even more if they won't release your bike.
Several thousand of us are waiting on a Suzi recall (rectifier). No telling when or if they will ever get across the pond.

Good to hear it wasn't you looking for empties.

Tim J........sign in, and tell us it wasn't you, please.

Thanks haha. I's going to be a long spring @_@.

Back
Top Bottom