Half the asking price, but I'll pay cash!! | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Half the asking price, but I'll pay cash!!

When buying anything online or from an ad I believe that it is insulting to make a low-ball offer, sight unseen. If the posted price, description and photos appeared to be good enough to get your attention, you really should arrange a meeting before making any reduced price offer. At least if you see it in person then you have some information on which to base your reduced price offer. When arranging the meeting you might ask if the price is negotiable to get a feeling on whether it is worth your time to meet.

When selling I price fairly and don't respond to low-ball offers. If the person tries their offer again and asks why you didn't respond I simply reply that I didn't feel they were really interested because their offer was far too low.

"I've been insulted worse by better people"

Just virtually ignore them. No need to get titties in a tangle because someone wanted a better deal. They prob think you overpriced it and have to sell it.

Whether that is true or not is your business

Its a nightmare for buyers as well...one guy im talking to wont give me his address even though im paying asking price...

the other guy said it needs a "tune up" but when i press him further...he hasnt ridden it (ever) says it needs new battery to start, got it from a buddy, needs a new battery, new tires, one mirror is missing, and clutch lever is broken...so need to replace all this and god knows what else to pass safety and just to get it on the road...just looked closer at the pics...the chain looks rusted...

Have negotiated the price down...lets see how this goes

Last edited:
"I'll pay cash"....wtf...is there another option besides cash? Bitcoins? They make it sound like "cash" is such a rarity.

I do not understand why anyone cares or even gets offended? Not an offer you are willing to accept move on till you find one you are. People are overly sensitive these days.

I respond to low ballers with a "Thanks for the offer, but it's not what I'm looking for.", and do the same with the guys who want to trade. I figure they're fishing for a deal and it's no skin off my nose to type a few letters. I am grateful they looked, more eyes the better.

Recently I've sold some stuff for my asking price. Buyer just shows up, sees the item is exactly as pictured/described, and hands me the cash.

We all have a realistic idea what our stuff is actually worth, but we also would like to sell it for as much as possible. If it's described honestly, priced realistically and you're honest with yourself about how many people might be interested in buying it (Hyosung anybody?...ANYBODY??) then it will sell.

I noticed that some people use kijiji as entertainment without any intention to buy anything, other have sent the same lowball offer to 10 other people and are waiting for someone to be desperate enough, I usually dont take a buyer seriously if they make an offer (even a reasonable one) sight unseen, serious buyers will ask questions about what you are selling first, not about the asking price, then show up and try to negotiate in person cash in hand.
dont take this too seriously there is a buyer out there for everything, just have to wait

Im trying to buy right now, paying asking price, dude wont give me his address to come pick it up....asked like 3 goddamn times

Some of these ppl smh, i dont think they really want to sell

Selling things and dealing with all of the usual ***** is bad enough, but I agree, trying to actually BUY things from some people can be even more of a lesson in frustration. I’ve lost track of the number of times that people don’t respond for days or even weeks (long after you’ve bought elsewhere) or are just infuriatingly slow providing answers to basic questions (or they clearly didn’t even read your request and just ignore it), and lastly, actually making arrangements to meet and sell you the damn item.

Indeed some people really don’t seem like they want to actually sell what they’ve got listed.

Don’t even get me started on people that sell their items and then can’t be bothered to spend the 30 seconds to delete the ad. Even more of a head shaker is people that edit the ad and put “sold” in it vs deleting it. Wtf?

I had all kinds of responses to a recent bike I sold.

Low ball offers. Love the offers willing to pick it up today with cash.

I just laugh. Like, I was thinking of financing it or taking a cheque. Lol.

Yeah, I always reply that I'm glad they're offering cash, because I goddammit don't accept magic beans!

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Even more of a head shaker is people that edit the ad and put “sold” in it vs deleting it. Wtf?

I do this occasionally and include the sale price if Kijiji prices seems to be grossly out of touch with reality (eg. 10 widgets are posted for sale, each buyer is asking $1000, $500 accepted for my widget because that is the best offer I got in months of posting). I update title to show sold so people don't waste time looking at my ad if they don't care about the info.

Buyer comes by to see my old snowblower I'm selling for @$350, a very fair price as I just want it gone as an in law had given me a virtually new blower they no longer needed. He pulls out a big stack of bills, says he'll give me $200 cash money and starts counting off twenty's. I respond that the price is now $400 cash money and he replies that $200 is all he's got while he's obviously holding 3 or 4 times that amount in his hand. Sold it later that day to someone else for $350 (got cash money BTW)

Buyer comes by to see my old snowblower I'm selling for @$350, a very fair price as I just want it gone as an in law had given me a virtually new blower they no longer needed. He pulls out a big stack of bills, says he'll give me $200 cash money and starts counting off twenty's. I respond that the price is now $400 cash money and he replies that $200 is all he's got while he's obviously holding 3 or 4 times that amount in his hand. Sold it later that day to someone else for $350 (got cash money BTW)

If I've asked for a discount, I always make sure that exact change is in a separate pocket. It's a dick move to ask for money off while flashing cash.

I can screen buyers for a small fee, brutal sarcasm available upon request for no charge

Selling things and dealing with all of the usual ***** is bad enough, but I agree, trying to actually BUY things from some people can be even more of a lesson in frustration. I’ve lost track of the number of times that people don’t respond for days or even weeks (long after you’ve bought elsewhere) or are just infuriatingly slow providing answers to basic questions (or they clearly didn’t even read your request and just ignore it), and lastly, actually making arrangements to meet and sell you the damn item.

Indeed some people really don’t seem like they want to actually sell what they’ve got listed.

Don’t even get me started on people that sell their items and then can’t be bothered to spend the 30 seconds to delete the ad. Even more of a head shaker is people that edit the ad and put “sold” in it vs deleting it. Wtf?

Iv had this happen like 3 times today...guy clearly sees im interested but wont give me the address to come pick it up, even after i ask repeatedly...

And another thing...

The old "You get what you pay for" is definitely true as iv learned today...if it seems to be priced really well....theres probably a reason for it...heck even reasonably priced bikes are annoying...
spoke with like 3 guys today and just as it seems I might be getting close to a deal..

1)#1 bike that looks a rust/dirt bucket..he says it needs a tune up and when pressed for more, i find out it needs a lot more than just a little tune up.
2)#2 priced really well, looks ok...I send frekey a quick pic to ask...of course he sees Major red flags...(that i somehow missed?)
3)#3 Looks decent, but needs tires and fork rebuilt...this is the guy i asked for the address who still hasnt told me where he lives(somewhere in brampton so cant be too far) even though im matching price and am basically ready to pick up like yesterday

Finally spoke to a guy, bike is priced a little higher than id like, but looks really clean, comes with safety, and wont by the looks of it need any major service(valve adjustment etc) any time soon
Sure enough, replies to me and my questions instantly, gives me all the contact info, and even the address + day/time when to pick up....Bonus points...frekey like it and I have his seal of approval so...gonna go buy it

Took like 5 mins instead of all that BS, going back and forth playing games with shady dudes

Iv had this happen like 3 times today...guy clearly sees im interested but wont give me the address to come pick it up, even after i ask repeatedly...

And another thing...

The old "You get what you pay for" is definitely true as iv learned today...if it seems to be priced really well....theres probably a reason for it...heck even reasonably priced bikes are annoying...
spoke with like 3 guys today and just as it seems I might be getting close to a deal..

1)#1 bike that looks a rust/dirt bucket..he says it needs a tune up and when pressed for more, i find out it needs a lot more than just a little tune up.
2)#2 priced really well, looks ok...I send frekey a quick pic to ask...of course he sees Major red flags...(that i somehow missed?)
3)#3 Looks decent, but needs tires and fork rebuilt...this is the guy i asked for the address who still hasnt told me where he lives(somewhere in brampton so cant be too far) even though im matching price and am basically ready to pick up like yesterday

Finally spoke to a guy, bike is priced a little higher than id like, but looks really clean, comes with safety, and wont by the looks of it need any major service(valve adjustment etc) any time soon
Sure enough, replies to me and my questions instantly, gives me all the contact info, and even the address + day/time when to pick up....Bonus points...frekey like it and I have his seal of approval so...gonna go buy it

Took like 5 mins instead of all that BS, going back and forth playing games with shady dudes

I know what you mean man, it's frustrating to deal with an owner that gets slippery and elusive when you start trying to close on a deal. With guys like that, it's near impossible to have a headache free transaction; you're better off going to someone else and paying a couple hundred more.

buying low and selling high is the name of the game. And somewhere in middle is where the deals are made. a fair price is subjective and may not reflect what is currently going on in the market. I have bought gear on kijiji at asking price, below asking and lost out to higher offers. but its no big deal.
personally speaking kijiji is a buyers market. there is so much "stuff" to buy and always a great deal just around the corner.
Anyhow nothing wrong with low balling just watch out for the scammers!

Back
Top Bottom