Guys, stop speeding. | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Guys, stop speeding.

76% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
Jeremy Clarkson said it, so it must be accurate.

Damn, he was off by 1%.

http://www.carbibles.com/speeding_facts.html

Every time I've searched for those stats it always limits the stats to 'percentage of fatal accidents' and somehow ties alcohol into the mix. Furthermore, never do they define speeding. Is 1km/h over the posted limit considered speeding? And if so, then virtually every accident can be related to speed.

everything is relative.

so even tho speed limit is 60kmh on a road, i can choose to cross that road as a pedestrian at any point i choose, or avoid a walk/dont' walk signal cuz it's up to the drivers to slow down and not hit me. i mean it would be my mistake crossing, but the blame would be on the guy doing 65km/h??

doesn't make sense.

use reason. use logic.

the rules of the road also state to follow the flow of traffic and to respect the passing lane and allow passing such as to allow flow of traffic. are the drivers who restrict such flow being ticketed?? NO!
laws exists as should be enforced. police do not/should no have a choice as to what laws to enforce.

public should be aware of what laws are actual laws. if a law does not apply anymore, then it should be deleted, and cease to exist.

mistakes happen all the time, everywhere! pilots. train conductors. athletes. drivers. Governments! (i.e. look at insurance in Ontario as an example). takes 12 demerit points to get license suspended by ministry. yet 6+ demerit points and majority of people have a tough time even affording insurance in Ontario (basically like getting licsnes suspended anyway), let alone actually getting insured.. does that make sense?

it's part of life. sometimes terrible, and we all live with it. period.

Or the guy with the kid in the back could wait his turn to go. He's clearly at a stop sign on a road with no other traffic other then the "speeder". Failing to yield and understand waiting your turn, it kills!

It is a well known fact that lesbians wearing plaid drive Subaru Foresters so from this video I conclude that Kiwi lesbians are very ugly, have the ability to grow beards and are terrible drivers.

So have you guys figured it out yet?
Huh? People here couldn't figure out how to leave a bathroom.

bathroom.jpg

You'll have to spell it out S-L-O-W-L-Y, and then repeat several times.

[video=youtube;MD8BkIgp9Fo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MD8BkIgp9Fo[/video]

this is getting a bit ridiculous.

so true. speeders are clearly the problem. speed kills.

i think HTA 172 should be revised to allow officer's to shoot speeders on sight. I say cops should just kill anyone who speeds 30kmh over the limit.

For what it's worth, this is how they win elections and change domestic/foreign policy. If this speeding awareness campaign floods Irish tv/radio/billboards/newspapers/media it'll quite hard to ignore. A small % of the population may revisit their driving habits.

Lets face it, that's the real reason why the larger voting public don't want to increase the speed limits. The speed kills message is strong in Ontario; those that waste their time filling out forms stop100.ca don't even bother going to vote.

Amending the HTA wasn't even a part of the provincial election platforms. I just feel we're all living in this bubble, where all the people we surround ourselves want the same thing (reasonable speed limits); but in reality, there seems to be even more people outside our circles that don't agree.

[video=youtube;MD8BkIgp9Fo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MD8BkIgp9Fo[/video]

this is getting a bit ridiculous.

I laughed so hard I can't accurately describe what it was. Come the **** on.

"20% of all fatal and serious injury crashes" why are they spending so much effort on 20% of the problem..theres a whole 80% to target slow driving !

Ahahaha! I literally laughed out loud at the desperate grasping of that last video. Shock and awe on a whole new level. I refuse to even attempt taking that video seriously.

Wonder what kind of a score that move would have gotten you in Carmageddon?

It's a boy in the back. Gotta make sure the way is clear before pulling into traffic.

Too bad people would rather risk their lives and the lives of others to save 30 secs of their time.

I don't speed to save time i speed because i like to go fast

using discretion in time and place tho...

If you read the post I quoted, It might've made more sense and that your post is irrelevant to my post.

Last edited:
I remember in the 80's(86or87) I saw a tv show questioning high insurance rates and insurance companies using minor speeding tickets to raise rates.

The show claimed that statistics showed that minor speeders were LESS likely to make claims on their policy or be involved in accidents than non speeders.

My Dad was ****** as he had just had his insurance rate hiked for a speeding ticket.

I have never heard this information again.

Wonder why.

Guess it's not PC, either that or ins. co's rule the world.

I think a lot of people don't want that to be the message.

Even though I didn't drive at the time that show had a profound effect on my attitude towards speeding for better or worse.

Speeding riders are attentive riders and safer than the average driver on the road, to a point.

Worry about the distracted drivers doing 30 in a 50 zone, they by far are the greater danger.

I remember in the 80's(86or87) I saw a tv show questioning high insurance rates and insurance companies using minor speeding tickets to raise rates.

The show claimed that statistics showed that minor speeders were LESS likely to make claims on their policy or be involved in accidents than non speeders.

My Dad was ****** as he had just had his insurance rate hiked for a speeding ticket.

I have never heard this information again.

Wonder why.

Guess it's not PC, either that or ins. co's rule the world.

I think a lot of people don't want that to be the message.

Even though I didn't drive at the time that show had a profound effect on my attitude towards speeding for better or worse.

Speeding riders are attentive riders and safer than the average driver on the road, to a point.

Worry about the distracted drivers doing 30 in a 50 zone, they by far are the greater danger.

+1 :thumbleft:

They always use children in these video's to make their message above questioning for fear of seeming uncaring.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom