GTAM Trailtours meet up May 6 | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

GTAM Trailtours meet up May 6

There is 3 of us confirmed, not really in a position to ask for a discount.

I will speak to them day of on the possibility of future groups though if you'd like.

There is 3 of us confirmed, not really in a position to ask for a discount.

I will speak to them day of on the possibility of future groups though if you'd like.

We'll have the place to ourselves - fingers x'd on some tolerable weather.

We'll have the place to ourselves - fingers x'd on some tolerable weather.

Of course it will be beautiful. The sun shines on the blessed! (thankfully YOU guys will be along, lol).

Weather-nothing you can do about it other than to dress for it so I never stress about it. If it rains we get rinsed off.

Very excited as I haven't been in a bike yet this year. Jonseing

If anyone wants to try the dirt or already has and just wants a day of fun, you really should get a day off and join the fun. I was there last year doing some trials bike training and hitting up the trails in the forest on my CRF. it is a first class organization and the riding and training is also top notch!

It is awesome and the instructors are great (and patient). I was there quite a few years ago when I was still fairly new to street riding -maybe about 2 years experience. I registered the first time because I was tired of dumping my bike in gravel parking lots - lol. Thought off road training would help. I enjoyed it so much I signed up for two more sessions that year.

Aside from fun and a new experience, it also helped immeasurably with my street riding and everytime I'm off touring and a mountain road turns into either unpaved or broken pavement, instead of panicking I hop up on my pegs and bless that experience all over again.

Or just do it for the fun.

Re: Trail tours GTAM Meet up?.

Have either of you received info on where exactly we meet up in the morning? I saw this on their site, but I don't recall getting any info after booking: "WHERE ARE YOU LOCATED?
We are located one hour east of Toronto, just 20 minutes south of Peterborough. Once we receive your reservation deposit, we will provide detailed directions to our facilities.
"
Get off at Porter Rd. and wait at the parking lot,they will come and get you.

so, from what the website says...it's 110 bucks if you bring your own bike...what kind of technical instruction do they give you, or is it more of a guided tour on the trail kinda thing? If a bike is street legal will it pass their inspection?

Tuesday is supposed to be nice....

so, from what the website says...it's 110 bucks if you bring your own bike...what kind of technical instruction do they give you, or is it more of a guided tour on the trail kinda thing? If a bike is street legal will it pass their inspection?

Tuesday is supposed to be nice....

It says the bike must be insured in good running order and have a spark arrestor. Any other questions here is a link to the FAQ section of the website.
http://trailtour.com/need_to_know.html#cost

It says the bike must be insured in good running order and have a spark arrestor. Any other questions here is a link to the FAQ section of the website.
http://trailtour.com/need_to_know.html#cost

i read most of the FAQ stuff, I'll check again...does a spark arrestor apply to four strokes? The bike in question is an xr650l, with a fmf (?) header and pipe, plated and insured.

i read most of the FAQ stuff, I'll check again...does a spark arrestor apply to four strokes? The bike in question is an xr650l, with a fmf (?) header and pipe, plated and insured.
All bikes at Ganaraska need to be spark arrested.They give you basic instruction and guided trails can be fast or slow depending on skill level of the riders in your group.

Have fun peeps, I will be thinking about you guys while you are out there :)

Thanks Raf.

I sooo need a day. Tomorrow is gonna be golden.

Back
Top Bottom