GSXR Recall - Issue with aftermarket levers | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

GSXR Recall - Issue with aftermarket levers

For those who did it. Is there a noticeable difference in performance?
I've been waiting for months to have this done. I might just put in a R1 master & call it a day

I just got my recall done at SnowCity with my CRG's there was no issues ... I'm happy about it
did you have to leave the bike over night? how long did it take, did they do it while you waited?

I hate snowcity but i am going to have to bite the bullet and go there

So after taking off some time I finally got this done. I got it done at snowcity. For some reason my throttle cables look new too.

My take on the new Master? Meh cannot feel a difference. The plunger seems to be a little short. I have a feeling the master cylinder is wider than the original. The brake feels slightly harder, don't know if that's just mental

Any mechanic who knows how to actually fix stuff, should have seen that issue and fixed it.
+1
Tech should have ridden it and also spun front wheel with it off the ground. Having to push the lever into the master cylinder so he could put the pivot bolt through it should have been his first clue. I've been a licensed tech for 20 years and seen a lot of mistakes that would have been caught if the person had quickly gone over their work and quickly checked it.

The mechanic can't be expected to know the nuances of every after market part out there. Clearly the front wheel wasn't locked up when he brought the bike out of the shop, so how were they expected to know there was an issue with your after market parts?

So after taking off some time I finally got this done. I got it done at snowcity. For some reason my throttle cables look new too.

My take on the new Master? Meh cannot feel a difference. The plunger seems to be a little short. I have a feeling the master cylinder is wider than the original. The brake feels slightly harder, don't know if that's just mental
I pulled mine off both bikes went to my local dealer swapped them for the new ones. I don't like anyone working on my bikes but me. No difference that I noticed.

Hey do you guys think I need to worry about these recalls? I have a 2015 750, and from what I understand this is the same bike since 2013..

I also found this powertrain one..

http://wwwapps.tc.gc.ca/Saf-Sec-Sur...ft=&ls=0&sy=0&rn=2014441&cf=SearchResult&pg=0

Recall Details:

On certain motorcycles, if the rider does not up-shift correctly, the transmission could shift to neutral and allow the engine speed to increase. If the rider tried to recover from the missed shift by upshifting without disengaging the clutch, a very large torque would be applied to the drive sprocket, causing the drive chain to experience a very high tension and potentially damaging the left-side drive chain adjuster. Damage to the drive chain adjuster could cause the drive chain to come off, resulting in a loss of motive power. This could increase the risk of a crash causing injury and/or property damage. Correction: Dealers will replace the drive chain adjuster with an improved part.

I pulled mine off both bikes went to my local dealer swapped them for the new ones. I don't like anyone working on my bikes but me. No difference that I noticed.
I asked snowcity about that, they refused. Who did you go with?

Upon further inspection, I did get new throttle cables. A bonus

You got new cables because, on your older model, the original cables don't route properly around the new mstr cyl.
The kit (recall) for your model includes new cables in the box.
...and fwiw, whenever I do one of these recalls for a client that has aftermarket levers, I always transplant the original plunger into the new master.
Never had a problem.

You got new cables because, on your older model, the original cables don't route properly around the new mstr cyl.
...and fwiw, whenever I do one of these recalls for a client that has aftermarket levers, I always transplant the original plunger into the new master.
Never had a problem.
You work for a dealership?

Never had a problem.
Good to know, thanks for clarifying!

Love Suzuki... Over 10 yrs & getting free parts. Truly customer oriented!

I asked snowcity about that, they refused. Who did you go with?

Upon further inspection, I did get new throttle cables. A bonus
I live in bumf... Nowhere. My dealer knows me, and I'm only in there twice a year, I was putting on ss lines as well. We both agreed there was no reason for both of us to bleed them. They lost money doing my r/r recall so this time they made money. I can't post dealer here. Don't want them to get in crap. I can PM if you want.

I live in bumf... Nowhere. My dealer knows me, and I'm only in there twice a year, I was putting on ss lines as well. We both agreed there was no reason for both of us to bleed them. They lost money doing my r/r recall so this time they made money. I can't post dealer here. Don't want them to get in crap. I can PM if you want.
It's ok, too late now.
Cheers

Back
Top Bottom