Grand Bend Evening lapping - June 11th | GTAMotorcycle.com

Grand Bend Evening lapping - June 11th

gixxer_fan

Anyone planning on doing the Thursday Evening session next week? Few of us from Kitchener plan on heading down.

Says 5pm-dusk

What time does tech usually happen and and do bikes actually hit the track at 5? What is the usual configuration for these events

Looks like track is empty during the day so shouldn't be too dirty.

I will be there with a few of us from the Guelph/Cambridge area. The tech is really laid back, and you should be on the track by 5. If it was anything like last year, you will have lots of track time. Usually just 2 groups. I'm not sure of the configuration.

May be up to 6 of us coming from Kitchener so hopefully a good turn out prompting GBM to add more dates

May be up to 6 of us coming from Kitchener so hopefully a good turn out prompting GBM to add more dates

Nice... who's all going from here on GTAM?
May show up and check it out... not sure quite yet.

maraujo is the only one from on gtam. The other guys we have a hard enough time teaching them how to respond to txt messages let alone getting them on a forum

All being well will be heading there IF (& its a big if at the moment) I can get the bike sorted to sort out the bogging down, want to get it into a shop but everyones busy.
If I make it, it will be my first time at GBM, only been to TMP previously.

maraujo is the only one from on gtam. The other guys we have a hard enough time teaching them how to respond to txt messages let alone getting them on a forum

Ah cool...
Kind of surprised we haven't run into each other yet then (at track or on street)... I usually hit track days with the people on the KW Track Day thread. Smergy, Doozerdave, GSXR_Girl, couple others...

Looks like this track evening is going to be full of people from the tri cities area!! Should be fun. Like you said, hopefully GBM can add more dates. For the price, it's a great time.

Booked and registered! Leaving KW at 3 with 3. See those of you coming there!

BTW - spoke to GBM yesterday and pre-registration is available until NOON today!! Why cant all tracks/organizers be this supportive?!? (stupid 1 week or even 1 month:mad: - reddawn...)

It's because the 3rd party organizers have already paid and are on the hook for the fees regardless of how many riders show up. When GBM or SMP host their own days they can do whatever they want/need to attract people to come. I wish GBM would do full days, but I guess attendance isn't generally good enough for that.

It is not a case of not wanting to do full days - rather a case of how the schedule worked out. I have the ability to add/offer full day programs but only Mon - Thurs, but I am assuming they would not be all that popular ? If you look at our schedule all of our Fridays from June - Sept are booked - Racer5, SOAR, VRRA, Porsche London, Derkzen - all either part of a weekend rental program or multiple date renters - (as a business we would be crazy to turn away guaranteed income).
Also on some weekends when we have big drag events like June 26-28 Mopar Canadian Nationals we can't run both the road course and drags since they share the same pit areas etc. We have a few Thursday evening programs setup and will look to change one of the July car ones to a bike night since I noticed I missed doing that originally. (It is not like we have favoured cars over bikes - we only have one full day lapping for cars on a Friday and that is leading into our CASC Time Attack race wkd.)
I am open to ideas or suggestions. Tks Paul

Hi Paul, thanks for the clarification.

Personally I don't have a problem with any day of the week for track days. I actually really like Monday track days because it starts the week on a high.

+1 to what doozerdave said, would love it if GB offered GBM run monday lapping days, they would be preferred, although any of the day of the week would be great :)

I would definitely sign up for a Monday track day at Grand Bend (as long as it's not run by SOAR since I like green group rules).

I am in for a Monday event(s) as well. However, if I can make one suggestion about it - don't do it immediately following a SOAR weekend as some of the riders that would possibly attend may have just raced all weekend and need some time off to save up, or fix issues or recover physically. No SOAR in August too so lots of Mondays open for that....

Sounds like I better start saving up some more trackday funds

Mondays may be doable for me as well.

Id definitely would do Monday's - Thursday's for track days but not after SOAR weekends

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom