GPS mounts - Magellan - Where? | GTAMotorcycle.com

GPS mounts - Magellan - Where?

sizemik_p

Anyone able to recommend any store that would have a selection of 'clamp-on' gps mounts?
I stick mine in the clear pocket of my tank bag - a map pocket, incidentally - for long rides, but I'd much rather not have to look so far down to see it.

Anything? I'm this close to suction-cupping it to the tach....

Thanks!

I bought my mounts from gpscity.ca

I have a NUVI 265 but I believe they have ones for the Magellan.
You can see it mounted in this picture and another mount for my GoPRO

P1060031_3.jpg

I bought my mounts from gpscity.ca

I have a NUVI 265 but I believe they have ones for the Magellan.
You can see it mounted in this picture and another mount for my GoPRO

View attachment 24966

Thanks, I'll try them. Also, how does that mount attach to the handlebar clamp?

Woobie, I'll look at the model number when I get home... it's a Roadmate something something...

The one where the GPS is attaches is a replacement screw. It replaces one of the Allen screw for the handle bars. The other one is a clamp style mount which can be easily removed with a knob. There's another clamp style mount but you'll need tools to remove them.

Radioworld.ca Is all you need (on Steeles just east of hwy400)

Radioworld.ca Is all you need (on Steeles just east of hwy400)

I always get good service there, but they are pricey. Gpscity has been good to me as well, the owner even shipped a gps to me on his way home from work when mine died mid-tour, and my order was past their regular shipping cut off time.

GPSCity is where I got mine, but here's a protip: If you order from the .com instead of the .ca you can get cheaper shipping rates. mind you it'll take a couple weeks instead of a couple days, but if you only need something small (like the cam mount I ordered) you don't want to have to pay $9 shipping on a $6 part.

Back
Top Bottom