Gone off cable TV | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Gone off cable TV

For those interested in the media streaming in boxes, they just released a patch where you can watch a **** load of live tv now .. just got the email this morning.
Nice, I called her. She is coming on Saturday to install the box :)

For those interested in the media streaming in boxes, they just released a patch where you can watch a **** load of live tv now .. just got the email this morning.

Forward me that ****

Cut the cable a year ago, still have land line and low to middle ground internet with Cogeco. Running ChannelMaster fixed (no rotor) outdoor antenna (barely clears the roof line by 5'), 1 ChannelMaster booster and a Sony TV with digital tuner.

45 channels, majority are 1080HD a few 720s and 480s. All US networks, All Canadian GTA networks, sports in HD, fair bit of old school reruns and religious programming. DIY install, mounted to the roof facia via clamps and 5" long 3/8" lag bolts. I've got a proper bottom bracket and so forth second hand, total cost involved under $150. Our phone/internet bill is now $70/month vs. $170, we'll never go back

So you can watch live tv like this? I thought you could only watch shows after they aired and you had to search for specific episodes, instead of watching a channel? Anyone have a good how to link? I have a computer close enough to the TV to give this a try..

Does this include sportsnet and tsn, I only watch soccer on tv.

Well yes if you are tech savvy you can find these addons from repository websites.

If not, realistically if you know what sports event you want to watch, you can find them on many of the addons that these things have. For example, TSN was playing the Murray match last night, all I did was take not even two minutes to find the Murray stream so I could watch the game.

In short. If you are new to this stuff, So long as you know what the TV programming is and what events or shows are on, you can find them easily.

Inferno, what app do you use within xbmc?

I'm using xbmc with mash up, which works great with newly released movies or TV shows, but I find with older shows I'm clicking through link after link of cannot be found.

Can anyone recommend similar to mash up to use as an alternative?

I'm using xbmc with mash up, which works great with newly released movies or TV shows, but I find with older shows I'm clicking through link after link of cannot be found.

Which shows are we talking here? Look into GOTV, Cliq, 1 channel

Theres a bunch pre loaded .. Mash up is a good one.
I find myself in GO movies or GO Tv all the time .. it has the latest and greatest of tv and movies.

Jay, sportsdevil > atdhe has like a million live soccer games on every weekend. Ones from all over europe

Which shows are we talking here? Look into GOTV, Cliq, 1 channel

Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for and GOTV works great.

The new add on has ESPN, ESPN 2, TSN 1, TSN 2, NFL Network, Sportsnet Ontario, CHCH (Local News), Cartoon Network .... plus there are a ton of 24/7 live channels for a ton of shows (i.e. Two and a Half Men, The Walking Dead, Sons of Anarch

Come over on Saturday and we can check it out

Last edited:
The new add on has ESPN, ESPN 2, TSN 1, TSN 2, NFL Network, Sportsnet Ontario, CHCH (Local News), Cartoon Network .... plus there are a ton of 24/7 live channels for a ton of shows (i.e. Two and a Half Men, The Walking Dead, Sons of Anarch

I'm interested for sure if TSN1,2,3,4 and sportsnet360 work.

Where do you guys live? I read location makes a big difference in terms of what you can pull in over the air

If you live near Lake Ontario you are laughing. All Toronto, Hamitlon & Buffalo. 30+ HD channels.

Markham...you're lucky to get 5 HD channels.

Is it a new repo or add on?

Back
Top Bottom