Getting ready to book Tail of The Dragon | GTAMotorcycle.com

Getting ready to book Tail of The Dragon

Its high time for a break from work. I'm looking at driving to deals gap on Sunday October 1st. Riding from October 2nd-4th, then driving back on the 5th. None of my buddies ride so it's looking like this might be a solo trip. I plan on driving my SUV with my bike strapped to a motorcycle carrier. Just wondering if anybody wants to join me? Drive down together and/or rent a trailer and haul multiple bikes. Also, for the veterans, any tips or recommendations?

Sounds like fun!

Also, for the veterans, any tips or recommendations?

My crew usually gets all our food at the Maryville (just south of Knoxville) Walmart. We rent a house with kitchen facilities.
Considering you may be by yourself, a room with a hot plate and microwave might do the trick.

Other tips…
Cherohala Skyway. An absolute must do.
Caffe Rel, in Franklin. Eclectic decor, but the staff and food are absolutely brilliant. I suggest the Cuban Double Stack sandwich. Continue on from there (28 South / Moonshiner) to Dry Sac Falls. It’s really pretty.

Check the general forcast and bring rain gear as necessary. Might be dry at one spot, go around a corner or over a mountain and kablooey.

Take your time on the roads. Some are extremely technical and have some surprising decreasing radius corners.
Otherwise, enjoy!

Its high time for a break from work. I'm looking at driving to deals gap on Sunday October 1st. Riding from October 2nd-4th, then driving back on the 5th. None of my buddies ride so it's looking like this might be a solo trip. I plan on driving my SUV with my bike strapped to a motorcycle carrier. Just wondering if anybody wants to join me? Drive down together and/or rent a trailer and haul multiple bikes. Also, for the veterans, any tips or recommendations?
I have 4 weeks of vacation still to use up, but family stuff will have me grounded for the rest of the year. Otherwise I would totally be up for yet another rip into the smoky's.

I have done some trips through the Smoky Mountains and here are a few ride reports if you have some time to waste - each one has the best roads mapped out with routes:
Ride Report - 2022 Smoky The Dragon
Ride Report - 2019 Another rip into the Smoky's
Ride Video - 2015 Deals Gap & The Snake
Ride Report - 2014 Fall Colours and Twisties - Eastern States
Ride Report - 2013 Smoky Mountains

Have an awesome trip!

I ended up doing this by myself in October. It was great! No regrets. 8 days away from work and family and just riding through the mountains. I do beleave this will now become a yearly solo pilgrimage for me. With that being said, I'm thinking I should get there in the spring as well lol. Anybody interested? I'd like to post some pics but the site is telling me all my files are too large?

I ended up doing this by myself in October. It was great! No regrets. 8 days away from work and family and just riding through the mountains. I do beleave this will now become a yearly solo pilgrimage for me. With that being said, I'm thinking I should get there in the spring as well lol. Anybody interested? I'd like to post some pics but the site is telling me all my files are too large?
Resize to 1mb or smaller iirc

Back
Top Bottom