Get a fireblade now or wait for 2012? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Get a fireblade now or wait for 2012?

HA3AP

Site Supporter
After selling my bike I am faced with a tough decision, I test rode the 2011 fireblade and love the bike, but since all anticipate a new fireblade for 2012 the buying decision is tough. I am planning to buy new and keep it for 3-5 seasons. What do you guys think buy a blade now or wait till 2012?!

Are you sure it's going to be an all new bike in 2012?

you can always make (borrow) more money, but they're not making any more time. Just ride the damn thing!

1st year model refresh usually have bugs, like with the 08 1000rr and hondas C-ABS system. honda claims to have fixed the ECU bug in 2011, after 3 years. 2011 bikes should be rock solid. OP fireblade as in 600rr or 1000?

1st year model refresh usually have bugs, like with the 08 1000rr and hondas C-ABS system. honda claims to have fixed the ECU bug in 2011, after 3 years. 2011 bikes should be rock solid. OP fireblade as in 600rr or 1000?

1000rr, Also rumor is that the 2012 model might have a v4

I thought the rumor was for a V4 600cc!!!!!

Buy a used bike now and sell/trade in when its a good time to buy the next model if its an option.

I have heard the current gen have an oil guzzling problem. Some 08's have been known to get engine replacements. I just read this off 1000rr.net

I have heard the current gen have an oil guzzling problem. Some 08's have been known to get engine replacements. I just read this off 1000rr.net

Heard that as well. Still cant decide weather to buy now or wait, and the great weather isn't helping. Another option would be to go with the 848 evo

OP:

Buy the bike now? Why wait until 2012? That's when the world ends!

There are rumors going around that a brand new V4 1000cc model will be released by Honda next year. Once they release this information the 2011 models will have a significant rebate or promotion. Also there is the Ducati 1199 coming out next year, and all 1198 models will have discounts as well.

If money is no issue then just get the 2011 and upgrade 1 year later when they fix the in's and outs of the bike. Otherwise wait for the offical release and buy a marked down 2011 or splurge on the new model.

There are rumors going around that a brand new V4 1000cc model will be released by Honda next year. Once they release this information the 2011 models will have a significant rebate or promotion. Also there is the Ducati 1199 coming out next year, and all 1198 models will have discounts as well.

If money is no issue then just get the 2011 and upgrade 1 year later when they fix the in's and outs of the bike. Otherwise wait for the offical release and buy a marked down 2011 or splurge on the new model.

Thats my mindset as well. Will see the reviews of new bikes, if not worth it will get a heavy discount on 2011 models.

The current CBR1000 has not been a strong seller (and that's being generous). A lot of owners have had oil consumption issues and it's rather well known - and there's no indication that the underlying issue has been solved. And yet Honda doesn't budge much on pricing. Why buy that, when you can buy a Suzuki/Yamaha/Kawasaki for thousands less?

If you want a liter bike with ABS, the ZX10R and the S1000R both have it available.

The current CBR1000 has not been a strong seller (and that's being generous). A lot of owners have had oil consumption issues and it's rather well known - and there's no indication that the underlying issue has been solved. And yet Honda doesn't budge much on pricing. Why buy that, when you can buy a Suzuki/Yamaha/Kawasaki for thousands less?

If you want a liter bike with ABS, the ZX10R and the S1000R both have it available.

Have rode both the zx10r and the s1000rr The kawi is extremely crippled low/midrange power, and the s1000rr didn't impress me either. So far the best bikes Ive ridden were the 848 evo and the cbr1k. The evo is an amazing bike but its bad for 2up, at least my gf didnt like it (Rear seat is way too high) and the blade is about to be upgraded. Waiting till 2012 seems like the only option.

The CBR really does provide the best street ride... it has significantly more midrange than the other 4 cylinder 1000s, BMW included.

Regarding the 848- IMO if you're buying a twin, and a Ducati at that, you're selling yourself short by not getting a leftover 1098 or a new 1198. The 848 is cool for sure but it doesn't have the kind of grunt I'd want a twin supersport to have, nor does it have near the kind of grunt a fireblade has.

Best choice: get an 1198 from the states

After selling my bike I am faced with a tough decision, I test rode the 2011 fireblade and love the bike, but since all anticipate a new fireblade for 2012 the buying decision is tough. I am planning to buy new and keep it for 3-5 seasons. What do you guys think buy a blade now or wait till 2012?!
lol Nazar?

The CBR really does provide the best street ride... it has significantly more midrange than the other 4 cylinder 1000s, BMW included.

Regarding the 848- IMO if you're buying a twin, and a Ducati at that, you're selling yourself short by not getting a leftover 1098 or a new 1198. The 848 is cool for sure but it doesn't have the kind of grunt I'd want a twin supersport to have, nor does it have near the kind of grunt a fireblade has.

Best choice: get an 1198 from the states

1198 lugs in 6th below 100mph, prob not the best choice for GTA riding, unless it's just for posing. plus costs more to insure.

1198 lugs in 6th below 100mph, prob not the best choice for GTA riding, unless it's just for posing. plus costs more to insure.

It only costs more to insure with State Farm and that's because of the larger displacement.

And it doesn't lug under 100mph, that's retarded and you've obviously never ridden the bike. And even if it did lug (which it doesn't) there are 5 other gears to choose from :rolleyes:

It only costs more to insure with State Farm and that's because of the larger displacement.

And it doesn't lug under 100mph, that's retarded and you've obviously never ridden the bike. And even if it did lug (which it doesn't) there are 5 other gears to choose from :rolleyes:

well i watched a review from mcn or something like that and that's what they said regarding lugging. yeah i never rode it, do you ride one? my point was that u are spending all this $ on a bike but nowhere in the GTA that's gonna allow you (legally) to use all it's gears. kind of a waste.

it "only" costs more to insure with SF? is there anoher ins. company that would insure a 1198 with a better rate than SF?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom