Garmin Zumo PAIN! | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Garmin Zumo PAIN!

Enjoyed my Street Pilot but have grown to like my 660 following all of the firmware updates.

The feature I really miss is being able to browse the map at will, whereas the 660 requires you use it in planning a destination."Where to"

Enjoyed my Street Pilot but have grown to like my 660 following all of the firmware updates.

The feature I really miss is being able to browse the map at will, whereas the 660 requires you use it in planning a destination."Where to"

You can browse the map at will. When you view the map, just press your finger on it as if to drag around, it will bring up a new window that lets you zoom in and out and navigate to your hearts content with your finger.

Although the $600 for a Zumo is laughable...last I checked the top of the line current model (590LMI think?) with the 2 TPMS sensors was $1200 from GPSCity. I guess some are willing to pay, so Garmin continues to charge.

At some point I'll break down and replace the Nuvi I am using now so I can have custom routes and connectivity to my helmet (without having to use a transmitter)...but I doubt I'd pay over the $500 mark. That's about what I paid for the Nuvi actually when I first got it, back around 2005 or 2006.

Here the RAM I am using now:

nb9poj.jpg

Here it is with the GPS mounted:

20hkjkz.jpg

Last edited:
Although the $600 for a Zumo is laughable...last I checked the top of the line current model (590LMI think?) with the 2 TPMS sensors was $1200 from GPSCity. I guess some are willing to pay, so Garmin continues to charge.

At some point I'll break down and replace the Nuvi I am using now so I can have custom routes and connectivity to my helmet (without having to use a transmitter)...but I doubt I'd pay over the $500 mark. That's about what I paid for the Nuvi actually when I first got it, back around 2005 or 2006.

Here the RAM I am using now:

nb9poj.jpg

Here it is with the GPS mounted:

20hkjkz.jpg

It really is a shame Garmin stopped selling that model. My dad and uncle have that, I recommended it as a good cheap waterproof GPS. Feature wise it is not the same as a Zumo, but it does its job and gets you where you want to go. They still fetch a fair price (last time I checked) used because people want that waterproof model.

I was not aware that it had bluetooth, makes it an even better buy.

It really is a shame Garmin stopped selling that model. My dad and uncle have that, I recommended it as a good cheap waterproof GPS. Feature wise it is not the same as a Zumo, but it does its job and gets you where you want to go. They still fetch a fair price (last time I checked) used because people want that waterproof model.

I was not aware that it had bluetooth, makes it an even better buy.

Mine's the Nuvi not the Zumo, so no routes, no bluetooth, and no waterproofing...sadly. It does however have a 3.5mm audio out jack, so I can wire in a Bluetooth A2DP adapter like the Sena SM10 to make it talk to the helmet. Does mean I have to choose between GPS or cell phone (which also has music, Siri, etc) though.

Back
Top Bottom