Gardner construction could take as long as TWENTY YEARS. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Gardner construction could take as long as TWENTY YEARS.

And after the first ten years, what they started with will need fixin'.

Lol.. add union problems and budget overruns and imagine the mess this will be. Maybe make Boston's big dig seem like nothing

Still wondering why we don't have three shifts on this? Who's the best person to ask?

"Clarizio says that the medians are being worked on day and night, but that due to low productivity and noise considerations, the deck replacement is being done only during 12-hour day shifts. Meantime, the city has also committed $70-million to other road repairs. Councillor Denzil Minnan-Wong, chair of the public works and infrastructure committee, describes the backlogged work as “the coming wave.” “We’ve been deferring maintenance to satisfy previous budgets for years,” he says. “The day of reckoning is here.”

Seriously? Noise concerns?? :lmao: get to it 24/7

Still wondering why we don't have three shifts on this? Who's the best person to ask?

They probably need to borrow your tractor

Sent from my tablet using my paws

****ING kidding me? I'll take 1 year of jack hammers 24/7 over 20 of constant honking every 10 seconds. I have yet to see any work at night. I live downtown, but I hate it. I used to be at my GFs in milton all the time. Lately it's brutal and we stay over at my place. I got to get the **** outta here.

20 YEARS to build a road? By the time its finnished we will probably be driving "flying" cars and wont need the damn thing.

"Clarizio says that the medians are being worked on day and night, but that due to low productivity and noise considerations, the deck replacement is being done only during 12-hour day shifts.

Seriously? Noise concerns?? :lmao: get to it 24/7

Now that the whole area surrounding the Gardiner is full of condos, residents would complain about night construction. Talk about a city shooting itself in the foot.

Wow. That completely sells me on moving out of here

I bet a crew from the 20's could get it done faster...

BTW Roland Caldwell Harris is a guy from Toronto that I really admire, especially for his planning for future expansion. He built the R C harris filtration plant. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R.C._Harris We need a clone army of this guy

Another RC Harris fan! It's rare enough that anyone has even heard of the guy!

GS2ys.gif

You know who else from Toronto was awesome like that?

Thomson Brothers contruction (along with the architects of Ross & Macdonald). Why? Because they built Maple Leaf Gardens and it's one of the strongest and best-designed buildings ever raised in the city. Seriously. The vaulting is some of the strongest, most stable vaulting in the world. It's an incredible building. And they did it in five months. And had the lowest bid of the ten companies that applied.

Did I mention they built it in FIVE MONTHS?

Last edited:
I'm moving west to Mississauga or Oakville this fall. Can't wait :clock: I'm sick of Toronto. Winter sucks for driving and summer sucks for driving.

To be honest, I just bicycle everywhere now. It really is the only way to get anywhere.

When I do have to take the motorbike, it drives me nuts to sit in traffic for three hours just to get from East York to Etobicoke or vice versa. I honestly don't know how any0ne can stand to do that every day. And don't get me started on trying to get out of town for a ride outside the GTA.

Back
Top Bottom