France terror again | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

France terror again

Totally missed this! Anyway, thank you, at least now I have a better understanding of where you're coming from.

So honest question. If you care about what the enemy can bring to your doorstep; and you think radical Islam will be the said perpetrators; and you acknowledge the key western powers as imperialist scum; how do you reconcile not being prepared to fight for policy change? I ask this because I truly believe there will be no end to this threat to your door step until we stop destroying peoples lives in the name of "freedom" or whatever...

...all that said, lets be real, we're more likely to die on the 401 than be blown up by a terrorist in any part of the western world; even if attacks increase ten fold. Anyway, somethings gotta change, but I don't see circling the wagons as a realistic solution.
Compromise my well-being to change foreign policy towards oppressive nations and ideologies which are completely incompatible with my way of life? That's ridiculous. I need not look further than Saudi Arabia or Turkey to get a sample of what a prosperous Islamic culture defines an acceptable standard of life. Sorry but thats not my idea of freedom. I don't agree with the west meddling in the Middle East, but even Islamic nations which we call allies are completely backwards.

Make no mistake, those who are radicalized don't care about policy or politics and economics, they hate your way of life. THAT runs deep.

Ding ding! You called it. What a fricken mess. Going to be nasty when Erdogan puts the screws down.

As for France... They are kind of the Canary in the coal mine. Muslims living in slums with little economic opportunities become ripe for extremism. We could have the same problem is we aren't careful. We need to keep ensuring that new families coming over have sponsorship, everything they need, job opportunities, education etc. Might need affirmative action to ensure there are ample employment opportunities. We don't want to end up like Luton, UK, France etc.
Too bad some of those living here for decades don't even have those luxuries.

Obviously they need to turn to unspeakable acts of violence in order to turn things around for themselves !!!

Guy runs down 100 people, and the lefties preach for affirmative action!!! Holy ****.

Also, everyone saying its the US fault for ****ing with the middle east couldn't be more wrong. Egypt was an amazing and prosperous place in the 60s and 70s, long before the robe and niqab wearing people took over. What do you have to say for that?

Ask a Copt what tolerance means in Islamic Egypt lol

And the next guy will try to kill more.
This seems to be on the level of fun killing now.
I am still trying to figure out how a truck got into a space of ppl gathering like that.
France is always on alert...didn't they implement massive security during the Eurocup...and nothing happened there.
Goes to show, advertise your strength all you want but they will get you in other ways.

Sad and crazy but I have a feeling we will see this a few more times in other countries.

What if he left a video stating I am doing this because my wife left me and my life sucks? I am not part of any terrorist organizations.
Does that make a difference? People will still be dead.

Make no mistake, those who are radicalized don't care about policy or politics and economics, they hate your way of life. THAT runs deep.

It's even simpler than that: If you can't quote their religious book line and verse and/or you don't believe in their god they hate that you live, period.

Fair enough... I put myself through University; graduated with honors. Crappy job prospects. Moved from Ottawa to Malton to go to Humber College. Graduated with honors. Worked in the medical field and then went into medical sales. Got "rationalized" in the last recession. Put myself through trucking school because I knew there is always going to be a need for truck drivers and that way I would not be unemployed in my 50s. Paid my dues doing that and worked myself into a better job driving a city bus.

I grew up with a lot of "tough love" so I rarely got a free pass on anything. I guess it made me into somewhat of a self starter when things go south.

As for the other comments where I may or may have not been called a "leftie". That is interesting since I have been called a bigot and xenophobe here in the past.

As for needing opportunities... Look at the gang problems in the big cities in the U.S. (and even in Toronto). Unemployed youth with few prospects find meaning with gangs or other "mentors". Impressionable youth with too much time on their hands, few prospects, and in the wrong environment can find their way into trouble. Instead of a gang some of the Muslim youths will fall under the spell of a nutbar Iman, ISIS on social media, or some other nutty notion.

If there are bridges between the Muslim communities then perhaps there will be some warning from those in the communities when one of their members is acting off (e.g, in crisis, suffering from mental illness etc). In France they seem to have a lot of these Muslim "ghettos" where these folks are segregated and on their own and "outside" of mainstream French society.

This does not excuse any of this behavior. It only partially explains it. Sadly, if there are not enough opportunities for some Muslim youth some of them might find their way embracing extremist views versus the gangs or other criminal elements youth in another culture might fall prey too.

). In France they seem to have a lot of these Muslim "ghettos" where these folks are segregated and on their own and "outside" of mainstream French society.

Yeah dude they WANT that! They're not interested in integrating. Watch a documentary or read a book or something- these people aren't oppressed they choose to segregate themselves and take over communities to the point where locals are no longer welcome, under threat of violence. There are literally communities where even local police and public services no longer go into.

Last edited:
Yeah dude they WANT that! They're not interested in integrating. Watch a documentary or read a book or something- these people aren't oppressed they choose to segregate themselves and take over communities to the point where locals are no longer welcome, under threat of violence. There are literally communities where even local police and public services no longer go into.

Not totally true. When I lived in France one of my friends lived in one of those ghettoes . No one wants to be there, they are cheap housing. When one mayor tried to instigate a law to purchase a certain number of buildings for integrated housing in other arrondissments in Paris it was the rich neighbours that rebelled and stopped it.

Compromise my well-being to change foreign policy towards oppressive nations and ideologies which are completely incompatible with my way of life? That's ridiculous. I need not look further than Saudi Arabia or Turkey to get a sample of what a prosperous Islamic culture defines an acceptable standard of life. Sorry but thats not my idea of freedom. I don't agree with the west meddling in the Middle East, but even Islamic nations which we call allies are completely backwards.

All of which is theirs to work out as a culture. As for Turkey, but more so Saudi Arabia, you have examples of countries who's problem leadership is propped up by the west for various geo-political reasons... Not much opportunity for a culture to mature as western culture has over the past 100 years when rich bastards with wrong ideas are given all the tools necessary to retain their position over the people.

Though I'm pleased we agree that the meddling in the middle east is a problem, I don't think we do for the same reasons. As a thought experiment, imagine someone invading the US 100 years ago over civil rights/slavery.. Do you think the american people would have just said "Right then, we've been total monsters, sorry about that" and changed their ways? ...

... Not a chance. Societies need to come to these cultural revelations themselves. Pushing our version of social order on the Middle East will never take hold and the powers doing the pushing know this; they in fact count on it's failure with every country left in ruins.

More instability = more terror = less civil liberty = more power = more war... rinse; repeat.

I'm starting to wonder if you've ever actually had a conversation with a Muslim person. Your replies read like a Britain First FB post

This is where I come to get my truth. "It's been reported...." Nobody needs reminding the first casualty of war is truth. I think that swings both ways, if I recall correctly.
Makes for interesting peeing contests.

You are wise

You acknowledge all these things are going on, but your reasoning basically boils down to "well the West offended them first so yeah"

I don't care who did what to whom first, I wasn't there. I didn't bomb anyone's country. I'm only concerned with the results. The trajectory is brutally clear right now for anyone with a remaining ounce of brain matter not yet poisoned by PC logic.

You acknowledge all these things are going on, but your reasoning basically boils down to "well the West offended them first so yeah"

I don't care who did what to whom first, I wasn't there. I didn't bomb anyone's country. I'm only concerned with the results. The trajectory is brutally clear right now for anyone with a remaining ounce of brain matter not yet poisoned by PC logic.

Care to explain??
I'm down to a half ounce.

More attacks, eventual retaliations. Not good things. Thankfully things are still fine in Canada.

This sucks now I gotta roll the dice between radical islamists or radical BLMers??? #thanksblm #thisusedtobez

Interesting Oz article on the link between Islamic immigration and terror.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/opinion/andrew-bolt-muslim-migration-in-france-opens-door-to-terror/news-story/0726e0c0dc818c23f22e37fbace2a9c7

My logic is, unless you're prepared to go genocidal on the entire region, more violence is not going to work. And even if you did go that route, you have to lay waste to southern Asia and a quarter of Africa while you're at it.. Good luck.

Oh yeah, we didn't "offend" them, we've been killing them en masse for a very very long time. Every 5 you kill, 15 become radicalized. Good strategy. Tell me, if Iran was dropping bombs on your front yard, would you support some good ol gun loving Americans letting rip in downtown Tehran?

Back
Top Bottom