Found my "written off" bike on Kijiji | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Found my "written off" bike on Kijiji

Seller finally replied to me. When I asked if it was in an accident he said the bike was "dropped".

Shady bugger.

if you check the kijiji account, here is his website: http://www.dannysauto.ca/
its some small auto-shop, definitely got it from auction
If bough at the auction, they will not tell you how or what happened to the vehicle, most of them look dropped LOL ;)

Please, gtam police don't get too exited. What was a write off to the owner not necessary is a write off for the insurance company. Insurance had you compensated, you signed for it, be happy. Now the ownership is in the other hands and how they proceed is their choice. The seller disclosed it was damaged the rest is up to the individual buyer.

The brand of the bike is either Fit or Irreparable; there is no Salvage branding (as would be possible for cars). The insurance company will get a mechanic to inspect the bike to confirm no possible frame damage before changing the Brand. My Moto Guzzi was an insurance write-off, previously insured by TD, and I know the mecahnic who inspected the bike for them after the accident.

The insurance company will offer the vehicle to an insurance recovery center which either sells the vehicle, parts out the vehicle or scraps the vehicle. Stark Auto Auctions (www.starkautosales.com) is one such place in the GTA. That's where I bought my M-G.

I know that the same insurance company will re-insure a vehicle for the new owner. It happened in my case. I fixed up the M-G, licensed it and TD insured it on my policy. They didn't deny me coverage because it had been previously in an accident through a client on their books.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom