Found my bike on the ground today. | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Found my bike on the ground today.

No you won't. You have a year to make a claim. So if he promises to pay, and then doesn't (or just annoys you too much), you make your claim then.

Well do you have a witness? If not good luck convincing your insurance. His car/truck wont have a mark for knocking your bike over. His info might be fake.

Dude, I thought Cottrelle/Riverstone was the nicer part of Brampton. I ride/ drive through your hood every day.

Damn you. Made me google map it because ..."nice area in Brampton? Dafug?"....

I think your definition of "nice" is way too generous.....

Damn you. Made me google map it because ..."nice area in Brampton? Dafug?"....

I think your definition of "nice" is way too generous.....

Again, dear sir, you need to pay particular attention to my wording. I did not say "nice", I said "nicer". As in compared to the rest of the city. Lived there for 12 years. My time is up.

Well do you have a witness? If not good luck convincing your insurance. His car/truck wont have a mark for knocking your bike over. His info might be fake.
You should make copies of both his license and insurance slips. If all info is fake then I guess you got hit by James Bond.

The witness issue exists whether you make a claim right away or later, regardless.

Again, dear sir, you need to pay particular attention to my wording. I did not say "nice", I said "nicer". As in compared to the rest of the city. Lived there for 12 years. My time is up.

My bad.... you're probably right regarding the ****** city

You should make copies of both his license and insurance slips. If all info is fake then I guess you got hit by James Bond.

The witness issue exists whether you make a claim right away or later, regardless.

My experience speaks otherwise. They first will ask why why why (you know ) then request a police report. The collision center will ask why why why again. Then you will wait .... weeks, you called back and got to the case handler,....then they said the other party info is incorrect (god knows how)

In the end you will waste so much time. They even refused to pay at one point accusing its a single vehicle accident. Until threatened to take it to insurance liaison officers.

Too be honest, **** all this. I will never go thro private deal and BS again. Its their fault then let insurance deal with them. DONT LEAVE untill you got a police report, contact insurance right after.

My experience speaks otherwise. They first will ask why why why (you know ) then request a police report. The collision center will ask why why why again. Then you will wait .... weeks, you called back and got to the case handler,....then they said the other party info is incorrect (god knows how)

In the end you will waste so much time. They even refused to pay at one point accusing its a single vehicle accident. Until threatened to take it to insurance liaison officers.

Too be honest, **** all this. I will never go thro private deal and BS again. Its their fault then let insurance deal with them. DONT LEAVE untill you got a police report, contact insurance right after.
I've had the opposite experience. I've had 3 times where I offered to let them pay and then they changed their mind. No problems submitting a claim later. Only had a police report for one and that cop told me not to go through insurance because it was in a parking lot. Ignored that cop and got it covered.

yeah its quite for the most part, but just lately to much random stuff has happened in the area.

To be honest, save up and get the hell out of that city. Let the FOBs enjoy their little country...

To be honest, save up and get the hell out of that city. Let the FOBs enjoy their little country...

the area isnt bad, and usually very quite. I would move further down the road maybe but im talking like 10 minutes down the road to new developments.
I rather be with the fobs then live in the hick towns. compared to other areas the crime isnt high, its not ghetto by any means how can it be when the average single home is like 6-700k+.

No need to be racist, those so called called "FOBs" and the "FOBs" in other areas that came before no matter what country they came from strengthened this country.
Without them Brampton was just one big *** farm anyways.

Does anyone even take a boat to get here anymore? I mean, I know my great-grandparents did. Don't people just fly now? Shouldn't they be FOAs now? (we recently repurposed the trunk that my wife's parents used to come here from Italy. It has all the stickers on it from the port in New York. Very cool imo)

I saw a ninja 500 laying on the ground in toronto yesterday, in alleyway parking. Would you guys risk picking it up? Or just act like you never saw it?

Does anyone even take a boat to get here anymore? I mean, I know my great-grandparents did. Don't people just fly now? Shouldn't they be FOAs now? (we recently repurposed the trunk that my wife's parents used to come here from Italy. It has all the stickers on it from the port in New York. Very cool imo)
Nice.. (trunk that is). Have you gone to NYC and done the St of Liberty tour? They stop off at that Island all the immigrants used to get processed through.

Nice.. (trunk that is). Have you gone to NYC and done the St of Liberty tour? They stop off at that Island all the immigrants used to get processed through.

No, I wasn't even aware. Added to bucket list. Thank you.

I saw a ninja 500 laying on the ground in toronto yesterday, in alleyway parking. Would you guys risk picking it up? Or just act like you never saw it?

I'm the type of person that would pick it up. I also have the type of luck that some ****** off sob would own that bike, see me touching it, and would kick my @$$ into next week.

I'm the type of person that would pick it up. I also have the type of luck that some ****** off sob would own that bike, see me touching it, and would kick my @$$ into next week.

we live in society that noone gives a **** about others. So yeah, dont go against that or you will be mistaken.... then beaten

Statefarm said I can do a buy back, but im still waiting on the numbers . to get the bike running again it needs a radiator and a relay or two that broke.

What do you guys think is a good number for a buy back, considering all the covers are broken or damaged. It needs a new stand radiator, and a few other bits.

Also they haven't gotten back to me on my payout, I told them of the quick shifter, arrow exhaust, levers pazzo, Corbin seat, and other bits and pieces.
I made sure to mention brands, I don't want them coming back with eBay Chinese part prices.

Unless you told them about that stuff ahead of time I don't think they need to pay you for it. They actually told me that even an aftermarket exhaust is a "gray area" and they could potentially deny any claim if you have one. They also said that if the bike is tuned for the aftermarket exhaust via something like a Power Commander that would be considered a "power mod" and would make your bike uninsurable with them.

They never asked ahead of time, but the exhaust is still sold by triumph, as well as the quick shifter. I told them to go find it on triumphs website. So I guess it would be more of a oem upgrade. And the Daytona are tuneable out of the box, don't need a power commander. Anyways the longer they take to come to terms the more it costs them. They are being charged storage by the shop its at.

Back
Top Bottom