Foggy Ride | GTAMotorcycle.com

Foggy Ride

Chhai

One of the foggiest days I ever rode in this morning! I was fearful of getting plowed over on the highway. Please be careful out there and go a little slower if you have to.

One of the foggiest days I ever rode in this morning! I was fearful of getting plowed over on the highway. Please be careful out there and go a little slower if you have to.
It was a b**** this morning to see, and I was in my truck.
Hope everyone made it to their destination safely.

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

I rode in fine but I was only going down Eglinton so speed wasn't as much of an issue. Made me extra aware how many people don't have properly functioning brake lights or don't signal. Mostly all work vans. I don't get it. All the lights on my 28 year old car work great but not on a 5-10 year old van?

Ride was ok on the way in, got foggier the further I got away from the lake. 427/401 area it got bad and worse going North from there.

I still can't figure out why manufacturers don't make daytime running lights on cars in the back....seems like a simple fix to a major issue....I always turn on my full lighting system every time I start up the car.

Ride was ok on the way in, got foggier the further I got away from the lake. 427/401 area it got bad and worse going North from there.

I still can't figure out why manufacturers don't make daytime running lights on cars in the back....seems like a simple fix to a major issue....I always turn on my full lighting system every time I start up the car.

The inside dash lights up with the fancy LED's now regardless if the lighting system is on or not. So people don't know when to turn on their damn lights.

Oh boy...don't get me started.
The "auto" headlight system is the curse of western civilization.
I'm amazed at how many cars (seems to mostly be Toyotas & Nissans, but they all do it) are going down the road when it's practically full dark either due to rain or just plain old dusk that don't have their lighting system on.
Salesman at the dealership be like: "You don't ever have to worry about forgetting to turn your lights on again Mrs. Jones. Just set it to auto and forget about it"
Farg.
One less aspect of actually DRIVING that the soccer moms in minivans have to worry about. Great.
I firmly believe that if more people were actually engaged in the act of driving, we'd have fewer accidents.
I know you can't fix stupid, but sheesh...

</rant>

At least one person didn't, RIP dude
It was a b**** this morning to see, and I was in my truck.
Hope everyone made it to their destination safely.

My Jeep has no fancy auto light system and I like it like that - I can manage my own lights thank you very much.

Last edited:
On my Outlander I just leave the full lighting on all the time. It turns them off when you turn off the car.

944 is fully manual. I turn on at least the parking lights (which activates the tails) in dark / foggy / rainy weather.

I think most drivers are hardened environmentalists because they are all saving energy by not using lights, indicators etc. I like using my horn though....at them.

At least one person didn't, RIP dude.

Damn. Not what I wanted to hear.
RIP

@robertv19 if they actually set it to auto it would be ok.
I get in car, seat belt, key, lights on. Every time.

My 91 Talon was set so that all lights were on if the car was running.

Most cars I've owned recently have had auto lights. When I bought the car I set them on auto and never touched the switch again. One thing that I wish was more standard was combining the wipers with auto lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Started my ride from Richmond Hill to YYZ at 5:45 this morning. Boy was that damp and low visibility, maybe 50-75 meters. Was riding in the right lane on hwy 7 thinking to myself... Someone's gunna pull out infront of me... I know it.. I should move. And as I went to the middle lane, a guy pulled out infront of me. Count myself lucky.

Started my ride from Richmond Hill to YYZ at 5:45 this morning. Boy was that damp and low visibility, maybe 50-75 meters. Was riding in the right lane on hwy 7 thinking to myself... Someone's gunna pull out infront of me... I know it.. I should move. And as I went to the middle lane, a guy pulled out infront of me. Count myself lucky.

When I ride in heavy for I typically turn on my 4-ways as it's easier to spot than without. I know many bikes don't have them but it's a great feature now that I have it.

When I ride in heavy for I typically turn on my 4-ways as it's easier to spot than without. I know many bikes don't have them but it's a great feature now that I have it.
I would manually flash my brake light 3 times first when stopping. That's about the best i can do

I would manually flash my brake light 3 times first when stopping. That's about the best i can do
I always do that. In all conditions.

My 91 Talon was set so that all lights were on if the car was running.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That car was the $#!+ in '91

Yeah my 650R had them. Current bike doesn't. But considering it didn't come with turn signals or mirrors when they were imported, it's not surprising.

Back
Top Bottom