First Track Bike Purchase...Help Please | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

First Track Bike Purchase...Help Please

People stay in hotels for race weekends? Damn, that's gotta get expensive!! Tent/back seat of the car is fine by me.
lol yea that is what I said until it rained and then snowed on the last round of the year.

I can't describe the feeling of waking up at 6am in a cold wet tent at 0 degrees with no sun thinking to yourself WTF am I doing here. Makes racing a pain in the *** horrible experience.

Last edited:
lol yea that is what I said until it rained and then snowed on the last round of the year.

I can't describe the feeling of waking up at 6am in a cold wet tent at 0 degrees with no sun thinking to yourself WTF am I doing here. Makes racing a pain in the *** horrible experience.
Yeah, would much rather do a double header of some sort than race in october

Nothing beats a minivan, well maybe a full size van or toy hauler lol.

You can pick up a crappy Dodge or Odyssey for less money than a enclosed trailer.

Agreed but then it's another motor to look after. Thought about buying a small used motor home when I was first starting out but didn't for the above reason.

5x8 is also just really handy to have (if you can, space etc)

Agreed, trailer for now. Very little moving parts to maintain, have the space for one. If I get into the racing aspect I could see a clunker van paying dividends as a hauler/sleeping quarters. For now I am just going to get myself prepped for some track days. if I had the money for all the fancy haulers and enclosed trailers I wouldn't be taking this systematic approach. I have the extra money to spend on it just have to be smart about how I spend it.

Thanks to matt365 for the new trailer! Super easy deal and brought the trailer home last night. New coat of paint and a sheet of plywood and I should be all set. Next purchase will be a canopy. Thinking of a Walmart 10 x 10. From what I have read on here people seem to have good luck with them and mine won't be set up for entire weekends racing.

Confirmed.

Canopy frame decided to break. Then we had a communal canopy destruction party.

It looked like performance art Owen, both during and after.

Try http://www.outlettags.com/ I picked up one from them and it's stood up to the winds at Shannonville. You just need to make sure you anchor it well. I use big tent pegs hammered into the ground through the holes on the leg ends and I use ratchet straps with big buckets of water on all four corners.

Try http://www.outlettags.com/ I picked up one from them and it's stood up to the winds at Shannonville. You just need to make sure you anchor it well. I use big tent pegs hammered into the ground through the holes on the leg ends and I use ratchet straps with big buckets of water on all four corners.

I've been using my 10x15 from them for 3 years.

Steel framed Caravan with the 500 thread top, bought new in 2006 for $400. Still going strong after 150-200 days of use. The trick is to anchor down all 4 corners like Joe said and drop it down to minimum height overnight. If you anticipate heavy rain then drop one side more than the other to help with drainage, otherwise it might hold water and stretch the top overnight, the 250 thread tops are much more susceptible to this than the 500 thread tops.

Thanks for all the help, feel free to bump this thread with track bikes that are worthy and not posted to this site. I am and will be checking periodically just in case the deal of a lifetime comes up.[/QUOTE

just posted on kijiji http://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-bikes/...00/1189463507?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

maybe not the deal of a lifetime but is well outfitted for the track
no affiliation, perhaps if someone from gta knows the bike they can pm you with their thoughts

Avoid fraud by meeting all sellers in-person to pay for items. Kijiji does not offer any transaction or payment services. Read More Safety Tips
Race-Track day bike 2003 636 - $2500 City of Toronto Toronto (GTA) image 1
View larger image

Date Listed 11-Aug-16
Price
$2,500.00
Address Waterloo, ON N2K4C6
View map
Make Kawasaki
Model Ninja
For Sale By Owner
Colour White
Kilometers 12,000
Year 2003
Don`t wreck your mint street bike on the track.

For sale 2003 636 with ZX6RR motor with the stock slipper clutch.

Vin number - frame JKAZX4K143A003234

Motor number ZX600KE003242

7300 miles -12,000 km

As with almost all track bikes, this one had been down before and has some battle scars to prove it.

Motor runs very strong. Handles straight and true. Brakes are very good.

Braided steel front brake lines
GPR steering damper
Frame sliders
Front brake guard
Woodcraft rearset(set up for GP shift can change back to standard shift)
Akrapovic slip on
520 chain and sprockets
Penske rear shock(just refreshed)
Race bodywork Hotbodies with dzus fasteners
Sharkfin style chain guard
All fluids just refreshed, front forks, front and rear brakes.
Rotella T6 full synthetic oil
Bolts drilled for safety wiring
Transmission just replaced
Bridgestone slicks

$2500

Bike is complaint to the rules of the SOAR race series.

Also for sale - Dunlops Sportmax GP-A scrubs $100

Perfect Lost era bike.

Can help with delivery if needed.

Will come with a bill of sale only, can not be put back on the street.

Located in Waterloo

Send me your number so I can text or call you.

Last edited:
I didn't get the invite

It happen on Friday before you guys got there. Right as our group gets called the thing starts snapping and flying all over the place.

I'm bringing a pile of bricks and cement next time.

I did see that 636 pop up on the soar facebook page. I'm not in a position to buy right now but it had me thinking for sure. I may be able to get on a nice 600 for a reasonable price earlier than I thought. In the mean time I sold my Z1000 and switch to a 2008 GSX-R 750. If I'm willing to risk the bike I could track it once or twice next year to keep the feeling alive.

I did see that 636 pop up on the soar facebook page. I'm not in a position to buy right now but it had me thinking for sure. I may be able to get on a nice 600 for a reasonable price earlier than I thought. In the mean time I sold my Z1000 and switch to a 2008 GSX-R 750. If I'm willing to risk the bike I could track it once or twice next year to keep the feeling alive.

250/300 class!! Way cheaper to run in every aspect and just as fun. A set of tires will last you the season vs. a couple weekends on a big bike.

I have their base model that I got for a stupid good price and it has been good so far. Had to tighten all the bolts in it when I got it but otherwise has been solid.

It happen on Friday before you guys got there. Right as our group gets called the thing starts snapping and flying all over the place.

I'm bringing a pile of bricks and cement next time.
When I looked over to see the legs were horizontal I knew something was up lol

Back
Top Bottom