Feeler: MecVT rents TMP on Sept 3rd | GTAMotorcycle.com

Feeler: MecVT rents TMP on Sept 3rd

Panici

Hi guys,

The McMaster Engineering Custom Vehicle Team (MecVT) is looking into hosting a trackday at TMP on Sept 3rd.

As of right now, it will be mixed lapping sessions with cars and bikes together. If we have enough bikes show up, we'll run separate motorcycle sessions.

It's a dawn to dusk event, and tentative price is $75 per rider/driver.

I'm not sure if I'll be riding my R6 or taking my '87 E30. I'd love to ride the bike, how often do you get a chance to ride with cars on a track?!

If this sounds like something you'd be interested in, please respond in this thread.

Last edited:
Hi guys,

The McMaster Engineering Custom Vehicle Team (MecVT) is looking into hosting a trackday at TMP on Sept 3rd.

As of right now, it will be mixed lapping sessions with cars and bikes together. If we have enough bikes show up, we'll run separate motorcycle sessions.

It's a dawn to dusk event, and tentative price is $75 per rider/driver.

I'm not sure if I'll be riding my R6 or taking my '87 E30. I'd love to ride the bike, how often do you get a chance to ride with cars on a track?!

If this sounds like something you'd be interested in, please respond in this thread.

Its bad enough getting hit by a fellow rider when a person crashes, getting hit by a car???? Wondering how this can be done safely.

Yeah, totally sounds like a recipe for disaster. Wouldn't recommend. Definitely wouldn't participate.

Its bad enough getting hit by a fellow rider when a person crashes, getting hit by a car???? Wondering how this can be done safely.

Tbh, I'd love to race against a few of my car buddies, safe or not. It's safer to do on a track than street right? lol

The price is right but even with separate sessions I still wouldnt go. The amount of clean up on a track we have to do in order for us to have a track day after cars have run is hours. cars put dirt, dust, grass, rock and a ton of other stuff on to the track that make it unsafe for bike to be on until its cleaned up. This idea is looking for trouble. I hope it works out and please be very careful

油井緋色;2330072 said:
Tbh, I'd love to race against a few of my car buddies, safe or not. It's safer to do on a track than street right? lol

lowside and end up under a car on the road or track still means the same thing. except at the track everyones speed is doubled. not sure you thought that comment though

I doubt they will allow cars and bikes together...and if they do I'm out! Bad enough getting plowed over by other bikes nevermind cars.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

I doubt they will allow cars and bikes together...and if they do I'm out! Bad enough getting plowed over by other bikes nevermind cars.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
Add in that everyone and their brother is an instant Andretti with a super duper fast import on a track and no thanks. That said I'd be for drag racing cars and bikes. No way on a road course though

Thanks for the input guys. I'll suggest to the team that we don't run bikes at the event, for the reasons you guys mentioned above.

Back
Top Bottom