Enbridge gas, did not use heat but still charged $25 for gas? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Enbridge gas, did not use heat but still charged $25 for gas?

If you dispute a gas meter and measurement Canada determines the meter is accurate, which is over 90 percent of the time, you're on the hook for the cost of the test. Measurement Canada does not make sure the gas goes to the correct unit. The meter is removed, taken to our meter shop, Measurement Canada comes in and tests the meter for calibration. They don't check the bill for any errors either, their only job is to check the calibration the meter. His charges are a $60 a month customer charged plus any gas used, plus adjustment charges, etc.
Checking the meter isn't as easy that. I believe his store will have a rooftop, and a drop ceiling, even if you turn the thermostat on and off and someone watches the meter and it works, there could still be someone else's rooftop on his meter, the only way to know for certain is to trace the supply line from the meter the rooftop. People running appliances on other people's meter does happen, but it's not Enbridge's problem, the customer has to have it fixed at their costs. There are times when they will send out a contractor to trace the lines.

checking the gas should be as easy as turning it off and see if the appliances work

checking the gas should be as easy as turning it off and see if the appliances work
That will tell you if your appliances are connected to your meter, but it doesn't tell you if someone else's appliances are connected to your meter.

if you leave it off long enough it will when they complain
You would have to leave the meter off, therefore you would also be cold. Plus if someone else's appliances are connected to your meter, they may not be aware of it, so they would have to complain to the landlord. They won't go far.

If you dispute a gas meter and measurement Canada determines the meter is accurate, which is over 90 percent of the time, you're on the hook for the cost of the test.
very true, so no love here..
Measurement Canada does not make sure the gas goes to the correct unit. The meter is removed, taken to our meter shop, Measurement Canada comes in and tests the meter for calibration. They don't check the bill for any errors either, their only job is to check the calibration the meter.
this is the mandate of MC ... the regs spell out that they must ensure this is accurate...from the meter reading to the billed amount... and when you fill in the dispute forms,, if you ask for onsite insitu testing.. they will come to site, or indicate it is done for them... before the meter is removed.. I don' recommend dispute testing... but it is avail to consumers.

His charges are a $60 a month customer charged plus any gas used, plus adjustment charges, etc.
Checking the meter isn't as easy that. I believe his store will have a rooftop, and a drop ceiling, even if you turn the thermostat on and off and someone watches the meter and it works, there could still be someone else's rooftop on his meter,
very true!
the only way to know for certain is to trace the supply line from the meter the rooftop. People running appliances on other people's meter does happen, but it's not Enbridge's problem, the customer has to have it fixed at their costs.
Very Very true!
There are times when they will send out a contractor to trace the lines.

The best thing is to trace all the piping from meter to appliance.. it is the consumers responsibility to correct the piping that may be going to other appliances....

The best thing is to trace all the piping from meter to appliance.. it is the consumers responsibility to correct the piping that may be going to other appliances....
I've worked for pretty much all of Enbridge's contractors over 23 years, changed hundreds of dispute meters and never has measurement Canada gone to the customers site. Most tests are done at Enbridge's meter shop, others are sent to measurement Canada.

I've worked for pretty much all of Enbridge's contractors over 23 years, changed hundreds of dispute meters and never has measurement Canada gone to the customers site. Most tests are done at Enbridge's meter shop, others are sent to measurement Canada.

Are you Oilycreek rebranded?

That last member who worked for every Enbridge related company out there but was banned for some reason or other.

Oh, I work at Enbridge, but I worked for all the main contractors over the years.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

well your experience speaks a lot,,, I have not dealt with Enbridge,, just MC... and as said before,, the dispute avenue isn't going to benefit the OP.... they should try to follow the piping to the appliances...

well your experience speaks a lot,,, I have not dealt with Enbridge,, just MC... and as said before,, the dispute avenue isn't going to benefit the OP.... they should try to follow the piping to the appliances...

Are you in the natural gas industry? I deal with Measurement Canada on our natural gas dispensers at our public stations now

Last edited:
Are you Oilycreek rebranded?
I guess I should remove my signature

Oh, I work at Enbridge, but I worked for all the main contractors over the years.

I'm thinking of getting a pbone, what can you recommend?

BLUE_pbone.jpg

I guess I should remove my signature

Your know I'm going to suggest the LG G3 best phone on the market. Note 4 is good, good specs. It all depends on what your usage is. Most people don't use 50 of their phone's ability. I like the note 4 screen for doing cad drawings, but that's why I have a 10" and 7" tablet

Your know I'm going to suggest the LG G3 best phone on the market. Note 4 is good, good specs. It all depends on what your usage is. Most people don't use 50 of their phone's ability. I like the note 4 screen for doing cad drawings, but that's why I have a 10" and 7" tablet
Hahahaha! I'm laughing till I'm wheezing! :lmao:

I haven't laughed this hard in ages. Thanks for the laugh man

Honda sux.

BTW, your colour of font for your sig is a little off. I know you're trying to get the same font.
Nice try

Back
Top Bottom