EBR Back at it Again | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

EBR Back at it Again

Even when they broke away from HD they still had the same results.

You mean shuttered by H-D corporate greed. Buell had no choice in the matter when H-D decided to shut them down.
EBR opened 1 year later. Signed a deal with Hero. Hero used them as an engineering house. Then broke contract. EBR, without backing, folded.
EBR purchased by another company at auction. Financing fell through. EBR purchased again, and now is into production (as per link provided in post 1).

[video=youtube;v1MLHwaH-tA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1MLHwaH-tA[/video]

I'd buy one. I would love to see North America create and maintain a superbike.. even if its not perfect right away.. We have a lot of technological expertise in Canada/USA, no good reason not to have something like this developed. If they bring these to Canada I might trade my bike in for one, or at least maybe pick one up in New York.. If I can find one at 10k (new/newish), I would likely pull the trigger..

I'd like to see a motor company take the vow of engineering celibacy. Maybe Buell would be a good fit seeing how they ****** themselves/been ****** and ****** up so many times already. Build one model each sport bike and naked. 130-140 reliable horses, basic electronic nanny and the main selling feature, commitment to no changes for minimum 10 year production run. Build a cult following of riders who understand enough is enough. Create a line of custom parts for owners to individualize and upgrade their bikes. Official and rogue clubs will form, gurus will sprout like monsanto beans.

The vaguely described plan Bruce Belfer had for Buell seemed to be more or less aligned with this idea. He was going to leave racing alone, at least at the start. This go sounds like somebody bought EBR to do what they were doing before, which sounds... bad?

These bikes were a titch behind when new, now hopelessly outclassed. These bikes aren't even has beens. Never wases. What happens when you run into a B/N Panigale or BMW S1000RR on 15 Sideroad? How will you compete? Looks like penny wise pound foolish to me but whatever.

These bikes were a titch behind when new, now hopelessly outclassed. These bikes aren't even has beens. Never wases. What happens when you run into a B/N Panigale or BMW S1000RR on 15 Sideroad? How will you compete? Looks like penny wise pound foolish to me but whatever.

Really dude? You're gonna go there for street rides? If you want to compete, take it to the track.
Reminds me of my last time at the Dragon... standing beside 2 guys talking about how fast they are and how they railed the dragon so hard all the time.... on built litre bikes...
They left a good 5 minutes before my friends and I did - we zipped along at a decent pace, but not balls out by any stretch...
Was amusing watching the lead in my group (on a VFR1200) pass them without hardly trying maybe 4/5ths of the way down. Oh my they tried to keep up with him, but must have realized they were both over-riding their skill when they both crossed the centreline badly on the same turn.

I've seen other guys on 250's open huge gaps on 600's in twisties...

In short, it's not all about the bike. It's about the rider. If Jericho wants one 'cause they're cool and unique, who cares? A brand new litre bike at $10K, with full electronics etc is a deal. Just hope that the parts supply comes back online, or maybe he'll have to find a binned one to use as a donor bike.

Really dude? You're gonna go there for street rides? If you want to compete, take it to the track.
Reminds me of my last time at the Dragon... standing beside 2 guys talking about how fast they are and how they railed the dragon so hard all the time.... on built litre bikes...
They left a good 5 minutes before my friends and I did - we zipped along at a decent pace, but not balls out by any stretch...
Was amusing watching the lead in my group (on a VFR1200) pass them without hardly trying maybe 4/5ths of the way down. Oh my they tried to keep up with him, but must have realized they were both over-riding their skill when they both crossed the centreline badly on the same turn.

I've seen other guys on 250's open huge gaps on 600's in twisties...

In short, it's not all about the bike. It's about the rider. If Jericho wants one 'cause they're cool and unique, who cares? A brand new litre bike at $10K, with full electronics etc is a deal. Just hope that the parts supply comes back online, or maybe he'll have to find a binned one to use as a donor bike.

Thank you. You make a very good case against the latest and greatest. When I say it I get mostly guffaws. Like I said earlier, they should do an unchanged production run of 10 years minimum with a garanteed parts supply.

Thank you. You make a very good case against the latest and greatest. When I say it I get mostly guffaws. Like I said earlier, they should do an unchanged production run of 10 years minimum with a garanteed parts supply.
If they *guaranteed* the parts supply, it would be even better ?
Might you be a little biased/ bitter? Is it hard to find parts or maintain your bike?
And I like the name, I think that it's all Buell and good.

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

If they *guaranteed* the parts supply, it would be even better 
Might you be a little biased/ bitter? Is it hard to find parts or maintain your bike?
And I like the name, I think that it's all Buell and good.

No, my old Buell is no problem but I am bitter about planned *obselecense* in general.

No, my old Buell is no problem but I am bitter about planned *obselecense* in general.
I needed that chuckle. Thanks ☺

In Joe Bass' case, don't you mean obese-alesence.? :lmao:

I don't compete with people on my bike (unless I go to a track). I do me. I really don't compete with people with things like this. I feel confident with my life, that I don't try to prove myself as a "man" anytime someone rolls up in something nicer/faster/$$$. If I see a dude on his brand new shiny BMW S1000rr or Panigale, I'll wave to that dude(tte), and throw a thumbs up.. I'm not a hater bro..

I find it irritating that we don't have a sport bike brand in North America. Its a good bike. Maybe not the pinnacle of excellence in terms of technology but it has more than my 2015 GSXR 750 does, so for me it would be a step up. I am sure it would be a step up for a lot of people on older machines as well. For them to do a 10 year run.. people need to buy them. I don't mind buying one.

It for sure would be a unique bike to own, and I feel like they look pretty nice. Certain aspects are outdated (that is subjective) according to some people. They are very cheap compared to something made in Japan or Europe of the same caliber. I'm guessing there are almost no claims on a bike like this.. which means insurance might be good.. will ask my agent.

I don't compete with people on my bike (unless I go to a track). I do me. I really don't compete with people with things like this. I feel confident with my life, that I don't try to prove myself as a "man" anytime someone rolls up in something nicer/faster/$$$. If I see a dude on his brand new shiny BMW S1000rr or Panigale, I'll wave to that dude(tte), and throw a thumbs up.. I'm not a hater bro..

I find it irritating that we don't have a sport bike brand in North America. Its a good bike. Maybe not the pinnacle of excellence in terms of technology but it has more than my 2015 GSXR 750 does, so for me it would be a step up. I am sure it would be a step up for a lot of people on older machines as well. For them to do a 10 year run.. people need to buy them. I don't mind buying one.

It for sure would be a unique bike to own, and I feel like they look pretty nice. Certain aspects are outdated (that is subjective) according to some people. They are very cheap compared to something made in Japan or Europe of the same caliber. I'm guessing there are almost no claims on a bike like this.. which means insurance might be good.. will ask my agent.

My post was tongue-in-cheek. You should see the junk I ride, I'm even further down the pecking order. Much further.

My post was tongue-in-cheek. You should see the junk I ride, I'm even further down the pecking order. Much further.
:eek:ccasion5:

[video=youtube;ydhEaS-Bp3w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydhEaS-Bp3w[/video]

Problem here is, there is about 30 sport bike manufacturers. Half of them are producing track grade bikes. The technology is hopelessly indulgent and for the most part the domain of braggarts who will never used the bike's full potential. Those few who do often won't live to tell about it. So, another super-powerful sport bike goes back into production. There aren't enough buyers to keep the current manufacturers going. ZZzzzzz.

Back
Top Bottom