E-bike dynos | GTAMotorcycle.com

E-bike dynos

Saw that. So so stupid. Trivial to have hot rod ebike that passes on the dyno. Safest solution would be always fire up in low power mode and have to do something to enable rocket mode. Easier to use would be a switch somewhere that is hard to find. For instance a magnetic switch in the bars, pull the magnet off and you are stock power and no visible switch.

I think tossing a stick in the spokes would be more effective...

The Dutch police ordered 247(!!!) of these things, possibly custom units made by Dynostar. That had to have been expensive!

The mental picture of a cop huffing and puffing to test a line up of bikes at a checkpoint is pretty funny

... the Dutch DO have a lot of bikes. EVERYBODY rides a bicycle.... it's very flat there, not a lot of hills.
I can see "e bike" penetration being significantly higher there.
You can buy a "e bike" hub motor (2000w, IIRC in Ontario you're allowed 750w) that will wheelie from a standing start... one on the front, one on the back and a ton o' batteries... YEE HAW.
I used to see a guy every morning in Mississauga, whizzing down the side of Dundas on his two stroke bicycle doing about 80kph (clearly illegal) on a bike that wasn't a Whizzer (so clearly illegal)
If there was 100x as many "e-bikes" in The Netherlands as there are here, I can see "e-bikes" being a problem... BUT 247 of 'EM????

Amsterdam is an interesting city.
The Netherlands has some of the highest "car" taxes and insurance in Europe. Amsterdam adds a tariff, to keep usage down (ride a bike) in the city, Amsterdam adds a tariff for any car over 1.8L (IIRC), Amsterdam adds a HUGE "luxury" tax to any car over a certain price.
Amsterdam has one of the highest rates of big engined, luxury cars registered per capita in the world... all parked cuz everybody rides bicycles...
... and they don't like muslims

And they employ an army of people to fish stolen bikes out of the canals...
Also the first place I openly rolled a joint in public. In 1988 it was kind of a big deal.

Back
Top Bottom