Dual Sport ride?? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Dual Sport ride??

timtune

Site Supporter
I'm keen to do some DS rides but where and when is the question. In the past I rode the sand around Walsingham and the railtrail out of St Thomas with the ODSC guys. I've checked the ODSC website lately and the traffic on the site is quite light. Any other source for DS rides?

Rallyconnex

For me, it depends on what you consider "dual sport".

Gravel travel

Or a bit more towards dirtbike territory.

At least some atv double track.

a78453d62e37fc0a9453ecc23bafc713.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Before they shut it down I would ride single track in the Ganny, but that's just a bit more aggressive than I like.

Before they shut it down I would ride single track in the Ganny, but that's just a bit more aggressive than I like.
Maybe a bit much for a klr, but doable.

A proper dirtbike is 60lbs less than my dual sport, but your klr is likely 80lbs more than my wr250x. This hill was pushing the extent of my skill-set... I wouldn't think of it on a klr.

Hydro cuts, and fire roads are klr territory.

22a36fa705edcf49760ed2103698e278.jpg

KLR is my daily ride but I have a KLX250 as well. That hill looks like something I would attempt.

Nice. Pm me sometime. I don't mind you tagging along.

Where are you riding??

always looking for good legal riding spots
Ganny changed their trail network and stated that all maps previous to this season are out of date and not valid

The Ganaraska is open again but of course membership is required. While some trails are closed due to blockages my understanding is the intent is that it will all go back to the way it was pre-storm.

The Northumberland Forest opens on May 15 and all you need is an OFTR membership. With OFTR you also get an app that shows all the legal trails throughout Ontario.

There's several facebook groups including the Ontario Dual Sport Club. Most of the club chatter seems to have migrated to facebook from website chat forums. I relented last year and got facebook for this very reason. I essentially have a blank profile.

Back
Top Bottom