Drivers who hog middle lane are the real problem | GTAMotorcycle.com

Drivers who hog middle lane are the real problem

As usual, Europe ahead of North America.

Also see BBC.com - Who, what, why: What's wrong with middle-lane hogging? - 5 June 2013 - http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-22784983

Did you read it all? A hundred pound fine, but how much enforcement is actually done?

'But the extent to which lane hoggers cause congestion is controversial. Benjamin Heydecker, professor of transport studies at University College London, has looked at the impact of hoggers on congestion. "We expected to find a big reduction in capacity. But the answer was surprisingly small.'

Go ahead, keep the malingerers and trucks in the right hand lane, then try getting on or off the highway.

Go ahead, keep the malingerers and trucks in the right hand lane, then try getting on or off the highway.

Trucks are mandated in the right lane on many american highways and it seems to work just fine for them.

I feel like the 500 people who voted no are the ones who are completely oblivious as to the lineup they create behind them on highways.

Ignorance is bliss for them.

I don't agree. Enforce left Lane first

I feel like the 500 people who voted no are the ones who are completely oblivious as to the lineup they create behind them on highways.

Ignorance is bliss for them.

There's a vote?

I admit that they make it difficult to move to the right hand lane when you want to pass,
or to the left hand lane when you want to cruise along slowly,
but I don't think that they slow traffic that much, do they?

Trucks are mandated in the right lane on many american highways

No, we're not actually.

Two lane highway we're entitled to either lane the same as any other vehicle.

Three lane highway we're restricted from the far left lane.

No, we're not actually.

Two lane highway we're entitled to either lane the same as any other vehicle.

Three lane highway we're restricted from the far left lane.

Must have been a 2 lane road I was on. For some reason I thought I remembered it for 3 lanes also. Thanks for the correction.

All of the "Keep right" stuff sounds good until heavy trucks get involved. No disrespect to the truckers but the solution has to include vehicles that have limiters and ones that can't maintain speed on grades.

I do agree that vehicles that are being passed on both sides need a wake-up call.

This and all the ********** who drive all way to the front and cut in front of everyone else who waits in line for an exit.

This grinds my gears more than anything else on the road. The same people would never do that to the line at the grocery store or beer store.

I'll be honest if I'm feeling lazy I set my cruise control to 110 and stay on the middle lane. Sure there are people passing me on both ends sometimes but usually I still catch up to others in the middle going even slower

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

All of the "Keep right" stuff sounds good until cluelessly unaware car drivers get involved. No disrespect to the cagers but the solution has to include vehicles that can't maintain their speed correctly and cause trucks to constantly have to speed up and slow down, can't merge or exit the highway properly and force trucks to spend way too much time in the middle lane because the right lane is always a disaster, or cause road rage by their crappy driving all while being oblivious to the nightmare they're causing.

I do agree that vehicles that are being passed on both sides need a wake-up call.

I fixed that for you.

Come spend a day in our shoes. You have NO idea.

Back
Top Bottom